Possible Triggers for the Player Weapons

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm

I decided to do some tweaking on the franchises I have and decided to look at the Player Weapons that each player got assigned through the offseason. I decided to fire up a little spreadsheet in which I piled up the patterns I saw that the players with certain Player Weapons had, as well as which Ratings I would use when assigning this role. This is what I got, as well as players that represent those roles:

QBs:
  • Cannon Arm QB: 90+ Throw Power. Best Example: Blake Bortles, Jimmy Garoppolo, Eli Manning.
  • Precision Passer: 90+ Throw Accuracy. I've not seen lots of QBs with this role, I guess because of how Throw Accuracy is calculated for the FF/FI mod since M18 has 3 Accuracy Ratings (Short, Medium and Deep), means some QBs won't have 90+ accuracy. So, my best example is Drew Brees back in the vanilla Madden 08 roster.
  • Scrambler: This is a weird one, as I mostly saw Cannon Arm QBs that were also goo scramblers. My best guess it that Cannon Arm QB takes priority over Scrambler. If I had to manually assign this role, I'd say 80+ Speed. Best Example: Tyrod Taylor, Marcus Mariota.
  • Franchise QB: At first I though this was Cannon Arm QB + Precision Passer, but then saw that Tyrod Taylor had this weapons and he has 86 Throw Accuracy. On that franchise he led the Bills to the playoffs. So what I think triggers this role is: 85+ Throw Power, 85+ Throw Accuracy (The reason Blake Bortles doesn't have this role), has more than 2 years on that team. Probably good stats through the year. Best Example: Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees.

HBs, and maybe FBs but I haven't seen one of those big guys with any of these weapons, or any weapon at all:
  • Speed Back: 90+ Speed, maybe 85+ Acceleration. Best Examples: Well, not a lot of players got this role. And if they did, they probably are also Feature Backs (It should be "Featured", but whatever EA). David Johnson, Chris Thompson, Latavius Marry.
  • Elusive Back: Not a lot of HBs have this role. If I had to assign it, I'd say 87+ Agility.Best Examples: Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick.
  • Power Back: Same with this, only saw like 2 HBs with this. My best bet is 85+ Break Tackle. LeGarret Blount, James Conner, Beast Mo-- No wait, he's a Feature Back ... Leonard Fournett.
  • Feature Back: Another rare role. IIRC only Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman and Le'Veon Bell have this role (I know I might be missing someone). My best bet on this one would be Speed Back + Elusive Back + 80+ Break Tackle. I though that it would also be the requirements of Power Back, but Todd Gurley and I think Devonta Freeman have less than 85 Break Tackle. Best Examples: Devonta Freeman (He's an Elusive Back in the latest roster though), Todd Gurley, Dion Lewis, Le'Veon Bell.

WRs and TEs
  • Deep Threat: 90+ Speed, probably 85+ Acceleration. Best Examples: Markus Wheaton, Stefon Diggs (I though it was "Stephon". I was wrong), Martavis Bryant.
  • Possession Receiver: 90+ Catching, definitely 85+ Awareness. Awareness has multiple effects on players depending on positions. On receivers I think it affects route running (Both getting separation on cuts and running option routes) and adjusting to the ball when it's in the air. So you want a smart receiver that can get open as your 1st down machine. Best Examples: Jordy Nelson (in the latest roster, he's a Go-To Guy), Dez Bryant (Same with him), Larry Fitzgerald (Same. These 3 guys aren't fast enough for the Go-To Guy weapon), Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen.
  • Go-To Guy: Deep Threat + Possession Receiver. Interestingly enough, I saw 1 Tight End with this role. Never knew a Tight End could be so fast. (And no, it wasn't Gronkowski.). Best Examples: DeAndre Hopkins (He's a possession receiver in the latest roster), Brandin Cooks, Antonio Brown.

O-Linemen
  • Pass Blocker: 89+ Pass Block, maybe 85+ Strength. Best Examples: Tyron Smith, Joe Thomas.
  • Run Blocker: 90+ Run Block, maybe 85+ Strength. Best Examples: Well ... Run Blockers are few. Only got Alex Mack.
  • Road Blocker: Pass Blocker + Run Blocker. Best Examples: Zack Martin, David DeCastro (got the Pass Blocker role instead).

D-Linemen
  • Pass Rusher: My best bets are 80+ Agility and 80+ Speed. Best Examples: J.J. Watt (Although he should have a few more speed and agility points for the role), Danielle Hunter, Cliff Avril. I think in Madden NFL 07, Linebackers could get this role by having multiple sacks, but in 08 they already have the Playmaker role (Explained later). I say this because guys like T.J. Watt and Terrell Suggs have the Pass Rusher role. If Madden 08 actually assigns this role to Lbs, then it is my mistake.
  • Run Stopper: 85+ Strength, 80+ Tackling. Best Examples: Cameron Heyward, David Parry.
  • Force Of Nature: Pass Rusher + Run Stopper. Best Examples: Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox.

LBs
  • Playmaker: 85+ Speed and 85+ Acceleration. Best Examples: Vic Beasley Jr. (Although he got the Pass Rusher D-Line role instead), Ryan Shazier.
  • Heavy Hitter: 90+ Tackling. These guys are quite likely to cause fumbles to "Fumble Prone" players, specially when using the Hit Stick tackle. Best Example: Danny Trevathan
  • Defensive Enforcer: Playmaker + Heavy Hitter. Best Examples: Khalil Mack, Sean Lee, Von Miller.

CBs
  • Contaiment Corner: 89+ Awareness. Best Examples: Aqib Talib, Richard Sherman (Not enough Speed for the Shutdown Corner Weapon), Josh Norman.
  • Quick Corner: 90+ Speed, 85+ Acceleration. Best Examples: Stephon Gilmore, Jalen Ramsey, Patrick Peterson (Not enough Awareness for the Shutdown Corner Weapon).
  • Shutdown Corner: Contaiment Corner + Quick Corner. Best Examples: Darius Slay (Got Quick Corner instead), Xavier Rhodes (Got Contaiment Corner instead).
That's what I think happens. Maybe the requirements are actually lower than WR's Deep Threat (90+ SPD) and Possession Receiver (89+ Awareness) but I would guess they should be the same.

FSs and SSs
  • Coverage Safety: 90+ Speed, 85+ Acceleration. Best Examples: Colin Jones, Earl Thomas III.
  • Big Hitter: 80+ Tackling. Definitely won't be as hard to get for safeties as the similar weapon for Linebackers. Best Examples: Reshad Jones, Kam Chancellor.
  • Hitman: Coverage Safety + Big Hitter. Best Examples: Well, I don't see a lot of Hitman Safeties ... so my best example is Troy Polamalu from the vanilla roster.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Possible Triggers for the Player Weapons

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:26 pm

I've seen scrambler on a player with speed and acceleration in the low 70s.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm

RevanFan wrote:I've seen scrambler on a player with speed and acceleration in the low 70s.

Scrambler as in the player weapon "Scrambler" (Foot with Wings) or QB Type, that is Scrambling, Balanced or Pocket Passer?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:36 am

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I've seen scrambler on a player with speed and acceleration in the low 70s.

Scrambler as in the player weapon "Scrambler" (Foot with Wings) or QB Type, that is Scrambling, Balanced or Pocket Passer?

Both. I think. Mid 70s maybe.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”