The AI has been consistently stupid.

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm

Everytime I start a game, the AI has more ways and ways of screwing itself up in many ways. I've seen Draws been called on 3rd and long (5 and beyond), QBs throwing it deep against double coverage and naturally the receiver failing to catch it due to the defender swatting down the ball or being Hit Sticked while trying to keep possession. I've seen ball carriers bounce off of people trying to hit a hole, short routes on 3rd and longs and many more stupid decisions that the AI keeps doing. The AI occasionally make great decisions that keep games alive, but most of the time, they short circuit themselves. I really don't know why this game's AI when it comes to play calling and play execution simply is not too good.

I don't know if there is a way to fix this. Maybe is the Gamedata.dat of the FF/FI mod. Maybe the AI is not made to handle the M11 PS2 data and screws up big time. Maybe is me expecting more from this AI. Maybe is the Coach Ratings. I don't know, but I know that this game's AI is simply way too easy to beat on any difficulty other than All-Madden, and after some testing I definitely don't want to go and play All-Madden as I've seen the CPU cheat is way to victory

What do you think, do you think the game's AI is way too easy?.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: The AI has been consistently stupid.

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Everytime I start a game, the AI has more ways and ways of screwing itself up in many ways. I've seen Draws been called on 3rd and long (5 and beyond), QBs throwing it deep against double coverage and naturally the receiver failing to catch it due to the defender swatting down the ball or being Hit Sticked while trying to keep possession. I've seen ball carriers bounce off of people trying to hit a hole, short routes on 3rd and longs and many more stupid decisions that the AI keeps doing. The AI occasionally make great decisions that keep games alive, but most of the time, they short circuit themselves. I really don't know why this game's AI when it comes to play calling and play execution simply is not too good.

I don't know if there is a way to fix this. Maybe is the Gamedata.dat of the FF/FI mod. Maybe the AI is not made to handle the M11 PS2 data and screws up big time. Maybe is me expecting more from this AI. Maybe is the Coach Ratings. I don't know, but I know that this game's AI is simply way too easy to beat on any difficulty other than All-Madden, and after some testing I definitely don't want to go and play All-Madden as I've seen the CPU cheat is way to victory

What do you think, do you think the game's AI is way too easy?.

Well, to be fair to the game, most NFL teams will run draws on 3rd and VERY long. Like, 15 or more.

And I think sliders play a big part of it. I find that sliders heavily balanced to the AI give me a lot of trouble on All Pro.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

RevanFan wrote:Well, to be fair to the game, most NFL teams will run draws on 3rd and VERY long. Like, 15 or more.

Really? That's interesting. I really only consider running Draws on 2nd and 5 after running a high passing offense. I would only do a running play on 3rd down if it is 3rd and 1, in which I would run it up the gut. At least, that's my playstyle. Something that doesn't help is the Pass/Run Commit, that kind of ruins that surprise, but there is no real way to deactivate it. Of course, part of the problem is how the O-Line first pass blocks then run blocks, which means the D-Line is in the backfield as the RB receives the ball. This is fixable, as I've done in the playbook project I have, which I might start over using the vanilla playbooks.

RevanFan wrote:And I think sliders play a big part of it. I find that sliders heavily balanced to the AI give me a lot of trouble on All Pro.

That's the problem. I would honestly like that, with an equal slider set for both CPU and Human, the CPU could perform as good as the Human player, but I constantly see the AI doing the same. Going for the big play against double coverage or being too cute and trying for a complex trick play on a 3rd down situation when a simple I formation run up the middle would suffice ... although I've seen coaches do this somewhat often in the NFL too (Todd Haley and his screen passes and deep posts on 3rd down).

This also goes in hand with a previous post of mine, in which I detailed that the blocking AI at times simply dodged a guy during a pass/run block situation. Like the Right Tackle letting the Left End or Left Outside Linebacker in without touching them, or during a running play the pulling Guard either dodging a Linebacker that is about to blow up the play to block the Free Safety or the Fullback completely whiffing the block. This is somewhat fixable by raising Clipping (the penalty slider) to 99, which makes the AI be more aggressive with their blocks, but maybe EA designed the game with the suction blocking that higher (30-40+) Pass/Run Block provides. I'll continue to do experiments with the slider set to see what I can get. So far, I deleted the Madden 11 PS2 Gamedata.dat. I had a game that was 20-7. Would have been higher scoring, but there were a fair amount of turnovers.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well, to be fair to the game, most NFL teams will run draws on 3rd and VERY long. Like, 15 or more.

Really? That's interesting. I really only consider running Draws on 2nd and 5 after running a high passing offense. I would only do a running play on 3rd down if it is 3rd and 1, in which I would run it up the gut.

The reason for running up the middle on 3rd and very long is to simply give yourself better position for the punt, and to prevent an interception.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”