Effects of the Penalty Sliders on Gameplay

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
US2NZ
Rookie

Re: Effects of the Penalty Sliders on Gameplay

Postby US2NZ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 am

Yes, I meant False Start. I will check out the punting and the rest in some games now, and see how my selected settings play.

Sponsor

Sponsor

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 am

US2NZ wrote:So, I decided to test the sliders in practice mode, and here's what I found:

Offensive pass interference: if this is low, 50 or below, the receivers are really passive and almost never get open. I completed about 10% of my passes. When I set it to 99, and keep DPI at 50, I completed over 90% of my passes. When I set both OPI and DPI at 99, I completed about 60% of my passes. Interestingly, my receivers still got open a lot, but the defensive knocked the ball out of their hands with hits a lot more. Regardless, I think the OP is correct in stating that higher ratings increase aggressiveness on both sides of the ball here.

Holding: I set it to 0, then timed how long it took to get sacked. Averaged about 4 seconds. Set it to 99 and timed it at about 7 seconds. So, holding does seem let blockers hold blocks longer.

Set Offsides to 0, ran a straight HB dive. Averaged around 7-8 yards a carry. Set it to 99 and averaged around 3-4 yards a carry. Line play also became quite garbled and glitchy at this setting. So, it definitely helps Dline get off the ball, but also seems to keep keep the Oline from smooth forward animations.

Clipping: low settings and my running game was sluggish and glitchy. High settings equaled bigger holes, and more active linemen.

Roughing the passer: low settings, the d line seemed a little less aggressive on the pass rush, but time wise, there was not much difference between 0 and 99 in terms of how long before a sack occurred.

Roughing the Kicker: at 0, I ran 10 counters, lost yardage on 9 of them. Blocked 6 out of 10 kicks. At 99, ran 10 counters, gained yardage on 9 of them, blocked one out of 10 kicks. Low settings definitely seem to let the dogs out.

Really valuable information!! Thanks!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:18 pm

how did you figure "OFFSIDES"... there is only "ON" or "OFF"?

Here is mine...

screen0003.bmp
screen0003.bmp (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1476 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 pm

BUS36 wrote:how did you figure "OFFSIDES"... there is only "ON" or "OFF"?

Here is mine...

screen0003.bmp

He actually meant "False Start".
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:49 pm

OK...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”