Jose21crisis' Classic (Player vs. AI) Sliders

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
mike9472
MVP

Re: Jose21crisis' Classic (Player vs. AI) Sliders

Postby mike9472 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Thouy21 wrote:How do you export boxscores like this? And is there a way I can do that with Rosters as well?

They're automatically generated when you play a game. They're in your My Documents\Madden NFL 08\Stats folder. The game overwrites the file so make sure you get your stats right after playing a game or it'll be lost when you play your next game.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Planning to give these a try...do these sets (or any sets) actually produce penalties and injuries that align with the simulated games?

Always a tough task in Madden, no matter the year it seems.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:Planning to give these a try...do these sets (or any sets) actually produce penalties and injuries that align with the simulated games?

Always a tough task in Madden, no matter the year it seems.

They don't, sadly. The Sim Engine produces too many penalties compared to the Game Engine. As for injuries ... bad, too. Too few OL/DL injuries and too many QB injuries, for example. And if you mess too much with the penalty sliders, gameplay starts getting a bit iffy.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:34 pm

This is not a knock on the sliders here, but more a cry for help. I am getting *really* bad results in played CPU/CPU games using the CPU set in the first post (with RogerJinx's franchise/roster) and even simmed games haven't looked great (which I do not believe are tied to sliders).

I have used the NZA Madden Editor to set the coach tendencies/ratios at the start of Week 1, and the simmed games definitely improved (although still some some weird things like Brady throwing 4 INTs, Burrow throwing 5). My played CPU/CPU game tests have seen Goff throw anywhere from 5-7 INTs every time. I know Goff isn't a HoF QB, but he just set the Lions single-season record for lowest INT rate (1.6%) in 2021 and had a total of just 8 all season long. Also there have been a ton ton TON of missed extra points and big plays on both offense and defense (long scores, long returns).

So anyway, this community is too big to be playing this game with such bad results, so what am I missing?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:20 am

Mike Lowe wrote:This is not a knock on the sliders here, but more a cry for help. I am getting *really* bad results in played CPU/CPU games using the CPU set in the first post (with RogerJinx's franchise/roster) and even simmed games haven't looked great (which I do not believe are tied to sliders).

I have used the NZA Madden Editor to set the coach tendencies/ratios at the start of Week 1, and the simmed games definitely improved (although still some some weird things like Brady throwing 4 INTs, Burrow throwing 5). My played CPU/CPU game tests have seen Goff throw anywhere from 5-7 INTs every time. I know Goff isn't a HoF QB, but he just set the Lions single-season record for lowest INT rate (1.6%) in 2021 and had a total of just 8 all season long. Also there have been a ton ton TON of missed extra points and big plays on both offense and defense (long scores, long returns).

So anyway, this community is too big to be playing this game with such bad results, so what am I missing?

Well, those sliders are 4 years old from a time before I really learned how sliders worked, I just scrapped together values from other sets basically, and it worked for a while. Can't do much about simmed games with sets, but for played games ... there are a few options you might want to try out.
  • The first one would be lowering KR/PR Interference, to something lower. Like 50-60. That makes the defense slightly less reactive, meaning less INTs.
  • Lowered DPI to 70-80 can help too for the same reason, slightly less reactive AI against the pass.
  • Next is outright increasing the pass block AI, as one of the reasons for so many bad throws is that the AI is terrible under pressure. I usually run something like 65 Pass Block, 65 Run Block, and 70 Break Block (So that rushers can get through). Yes, that might result in slight animation warping, but I care about performance here.
  • And finally, increasing Receiver Catching can help too, as the ball trajectories LITERALLY get altered a bit so that receivers are more likely to get a catch. I usually run 60-65. Be careful, as that also affects defenders regardless of the INT slider. So if the ball is thrown at them, they are more likely to catch the ball.
It's really a matter of tweaking. I'd recommend checking the Penalty sliders thread, as I outlined the effect some of the sliders have on gameplay.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

PGaither84
Rookie

Postby PGaither84 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:16 pm

Greetings! I have a quick question: Are there any recommendations for sliders on the PS2/Xbox classic? Those games only use a 20 scale for sliders - not a 100 scale. Should I just round these to the nearest percentile?

For example:
HUM|CPU
40|50 QB Accuracy = 08|10
40|50 Pass Blocking = 08|10
50|50 Catching = 10|10
60|65 Running Ability = 12|13
30|40 Run Blocking = 06|08

40|81 Defensive Awareness = 08|16
40|99 Defensive line Knockdowns = 08|20
20|05 Interceptions = 04|01
09|09 Break Blocks = 02|02
29|29 Tackling = 06|06

=================================================
Second question: What is the goal of these sliders?
Respecting ratings? Animations? Simulation stats? Difficulty/challenging game play? Something else?

I have played several games this afternoon and evening with these settings and my #1 observation is the following:

As a 49ers fan, SF has a stacked offensive line in the default roster on the disc. Everyone on the offensive line has 90+ strength and 88+ run blocking ratings. Well, with these slider settings, I see the same problem across all of these 6th generation EA football games - defensive ends with 78 or lower strength shoving 94 Strength LT Jonas Jennings backwards into the lap of the HB and 98 strength Larry Allen getting pushed around like a shopping cart. I tend to play with 11 to 15 (55%-75%) run blocking when I mess with sliders. What is the point in scouting, drafting, and signing linemen with superior strength if they are just going to get pushed around? I don't mind adjusting the block shedding rating so that defenders can slip off of blocks better, but there has to be some respect given to the trenches.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”