Good sliders for playing against CPU (not simming)?

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:45 pm

There's a lot of sliders here, and it seems moonbax's are highly respected from what I've read here. Are these sliders for playing or just simming? I play franchise and don't sim so wanted to check if these are for playing or for sim? And if it's sim, does anyone know a good set of sliders for a realistic game playing against the CPU?

Sponsor

Sponsor

jacksonlbds
Pro Bowl

Re: Good sliders for playing against CPU (not simming)?

Postby jacksonlbds » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 pm

I would also like to know

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 am

I don't think sliders affect simming. I think they only affect gameplay. As for the best sliders, that's entirely personal preference. Experiment. Do some testing. See what feels right for you.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am

After pretty much years of tinkering I'm playing with these and getting realistic stats and good gameplay, tweak it for your own liking but i think this is a good base.

USER

QB Acc 35
Pass Block 27 (might need to change this, im getting sacked 40ish times a season with vikings, jaguars and chargers which is realistic but all these teams have low rated Oline so not sure how a well rated oline plays with these)
WR Catching 49
RB Ability 43
Run Blocking 49 (48 was giving me 3.5-3.9 ypc with the teams i listed above which seems reasonable but i decided to raise it up by 1 point)

Awareness 38
Knockdowns 35
Interceptions 3 (was playing at 5 but after getting 27 ints in a season as Jags i decided to lower it a bit, have 3 in 7 games chargers right now)
Break Block 5
Tackling 42

fg length 40
fg acc 0
punt length 56
punt acc 0 (personal preference, too easy to get great punts with anything higher than 0 for my taste)
kickoff length 60

CPU

QB Acc 50
Pass Block 17
WR Catching 48 (49 seems to make every CPU receiver Larry Fitzgerald esque, no drops even on big hits etc.)
RB Ability 65
Run Blocking 34(this one is a bit tricky since my sample size is using good run defense teams so i usually hold teams to low rushing totals with a few games where CPU runs all over me here and there, might need to increase by a few points if you play as an average/bad run D team and CPU still can't run the ball that well)

Awareness 91
Knockdowns 99
Interceptions 1(Again personal preference, i threw 18tds and 18ints with Bortles in a season with jags with this set to 1 which seems reasonable considering that i like to take shots downfield plus i have bad decision making at times, right now 7tds 4ints in 7 games with Rivers in Chargers franchise )
Break Block 3
Tackling 51

fg length 40
fg acc 92
punt length 56
punt acc 99
kickoff length 60

Autosubs for HB
87-92 you have to set this everytime you get into a new game (I mean before the kickoff if it's not clear)

12 Minute quarters, 20 acc clock

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

"20 acc clock"

Wait, can you choose how much time the accelerated clock takes off? I just turned on the feature and tested and bumped up to 8 minute quarters. Was at 5 minute with no accelerated clock previously but this way feels more natural, and makes timeouts and no-huddles matter under pressure at the two minute mark

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:20 pm

tomkatt wrote:"20 acc clock"

Wait, can you choose how much time the accelerated clock takes off? I just turned on the feature and tested and bumped up to 8 minute quarters. Was at 5 minute with no accelerated clock previously but this way feels more natural, and makes timeouts and no-huddles matter under pressure at the two minute mark

You can with calhoupes madden scripts which you absolutely should be using since it has all thew new rules and various other stuff. (i think default without calhoupe's tool is 15 seconds so it's pretty close if you dont wanna use it for w/e reason)

CodebreakerDX
Rookie

Postby CodebreakerDX » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Sorry to bump an almost month old thread, but I'm wondering what difficulty to use with these sliders?

Also, how do I change the HB sub for the CPU? I can't find the option.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”