Decrease Offense Using NZA's Editor

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
MortalGarbage
Rookie

Postby MortalGarbage » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:54 am

I'm trying to create the feel of an early '70s style game for a franchise

I want to decrease franchise sim passing yards to under 3000 per year
I want a TD:INT ratio of 1:2
I want teams to run the football more

I've already globally decreased all offensive stats but in the franchise roster edit I'm confused about the cpm66 settings. Is there a way I can just globally edit all coaches to favor the run and play less dink 'n dunk offense?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Decrease Offense Using NZA's Editor

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 am

MortalGarbage wrote:I'm trying to create the feel of an early '70s style game for a franchise

I've already globally decreased all offensive stats but in the franchise roster edit I'm confused about the cpm66 settings. Is there a way I can just globally edit all coaches to favor the run and play less dink 'n dunk offense?

I don't think global coach editing is an option, but you can go one by one and change it that way if you have a specific percentage you want to set.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Re: Decrease Offense Using NZA's Editor

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:33 am

MortalGarbage wrote:I'm trying to create the feel of an early '70s style game for a franchise

Yes, you can globally edit the coaches with NZA to favor the run. After loading your franchise click the Coaches tab. Here you will see the Coaching play calling percentage section. It will have two choices. The choices are CMP66's percentages or your own custom percentages. You want to choose custom. Now you will be able to type into the boxes below it.

https://imgur.com/a/9tLOk

These boxes are simply +/- to the existing values. For example, let's say a coach currently has 60% pass and 40% run. If we enter -30 into the Off Pass % box and then apply it, it would make that coaches new values 30% pass and 70% run. Like it says in the editor, make sure to remember what values you use because you will have to reset them at the end of the season (meaning putting 30 back into that same box before the offseason) and reapply the -30 at the start of every new season. You have to do this because NZA's editor only changes values for employed coaches. If you do not reset them then any coach signed from the unemployment section would still have values like 60% pass and 40% run.

Teams will run the ball more just from editing the percentages at which they call pass plays but it creates issues in other places. Like teams who's playbooks are not really built for running. I suggest making an offensive playbook through the in-game playbook editor and pick a bunch of formations and plays you feel mostly fit the 70s and the style of game you want your league to play. Then you can have all coaches use that playbook (unfortunately there is not a way to globally edit this and you will have to edit each individual coach). If you do not want to make your own playbook then you can just use the game's Run Balanced playbook. I think it is mostly 1 WR - 2 TE - 1 HB formations and maybe a couple 1 WR/TE - 2 FB - 1 HB formations.

The TD:INT ratio for simulation games is the Catch rating of LBs and DBs. Basically the Catch rating is a slider. The higher you make their ratings the more interceptions will be thrown. You can simply do a quick test season and global edit all LBs and DBs Catch rating to 99 and simulate the season. See what the TD:INT ratio average of the league is and then adjust the "slider" accordingly until you find the rating that matches the ratio you want.

See this thread for more information on the TD:INT ratio and proof of concept: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19262

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”