cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
daflyboys
Rookie

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby daflyboys » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Will do, thanks.

Last dumb question: I have to initiate the game via the script tool, correct?

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sponsor

Sponsor

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:11 pm

daflyboys wrote:Will do, thanks.

Last dumb question: I have to initiate the game via the script tool, correct?

No you don't have too, but you must start the script via the script exe before you start Madden, and then start the game (Madden) any way you like.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 pm

cdcool, have you ever aggregated stats from a bunch of games (say 20+) with these sliders to see comp %, yards per carry, sacks and ints per game, etc over a large sample size? I'd also be interested in seeing how many offensive plays each team runs on average each game. Thanks.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:cdcool, have you ever aggregated stats from a bunch of games (say 20+) with these sliders to see comp %, yards per carry, sacks and ints per game, etc over a large sample size? I'd also be interested in seeing how many offensive plays each team runs on average each game. Thanks.

of course, the number of plays is somewhere between 140-146 some games may be higher, which is reasonable, The NFL average is somewhere around 130 total plays per game, Arizona is averaging 69 plays per game and averaging 77 plays per game at home in the NFL this season.

15 minute quarters are acceptable being over 130 but not grossly over from what I have seen. 120 plays were the goal with 12 minute quarters, for years. I'll take the hit in order to use 15 minute quarters, end of season stats are close to the NFL pretty much across the board, so I'm not overly worried about the number of plays. I do manage the games and do run them again if anything looks too crazy. Madden is not perfect for every game. I have watched over 3 seasons of games and have done significant testing, I can't get any better.

Run a few games.

killawhalediver
Rookie

Postby killawhalediver » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey I just want to say thanks for your sliders. It makes this game more fun to watch the cpu play and even coach mode too. I just started using your sliders and got a couple of high scoring games (brees is always gonna light it up :D ). But overall I enjoy these sliders, thank you for the effort you put into this.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Knowing that you have it on coach mode, can you explain why my team that I am coaching does not return out of the endzone with the fewer touchback script enabled while the other team does. How do you get around it, I am kind of curious cdcool :)

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I tried these and watched every game for week 1. very good but one problem for me, too many points, passing yards and attempts, rushing yards and attempts, and sacks. the 15 minute quarters are more true to the real NFL but its resulting in too many plays and stats for me. I think I'll bump the quarters down to 12 minutes.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 pm

I just want to clarify, you say these are for 'watched CPU vs CPU games' but you have it set on coach mode (which lets you call the plays and stuff). are you calling the plays or just watching? if you're just watching is it important to have it set on coach mode or does it not matter? do you just leave the controller in the middle of the teams at the start of the game? thanks in advance for any help

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:15 pm

kkende112233 wrote:I tried these and watched every game for week 1. very good but one problem for me, too many points, passing yards and attempts, rushing yards and attempts, and sacks. the 15 minute quarters are more true to the real NFL but its resulting in too many plays and stats for me. I think I'll bump the quarters down to 12 minutes.

What I do is, using Calhoupe's Scripts and using Accelerated Play Clock, lower the Play Clock from 20, to 15. You will get less plays because the CPU will have less time to do things.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:19 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:I tried these and watched every game for week 1. very good but one problem for me, too many points, passing yards and attempts, rushing yards and attempts, and sacks. the 15 minute quarters are more true to the real NFL but its resulting in too many plays and stats for me. I think I'll bump the quarters down to 12 minutes.

What I do is, using Calhoupe's Scripts and using Accelerated Play Clock, lower the Play Clock from 20, to 15. You will get less plays because the CPU will have less time to do things.

I've done that before and it works but there is delay of game penalty sometimes - the CPU doesn't have time to audible and stuff. I've also heard something on here about players not performing as well (missing kicks etc) when they have to rush to the line and snap it. any truth to that?

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”