cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
NoleFan
Rookie

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Postby NoleFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Gonna load these up starting week 3 of my CLE franchise. I’m generally pleased with how things looked in weeks 1 & 2 on default all-pro save for the HUGE amount of turnovers. There were 9 total in week 2 versus BAL! I’m sure these will make things even better.

Honestly wish I hadn’t even purchased Madden 18 for my PS4.

Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders and Guide

Sponsor

Sponsor

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:51 pm

ayelem wrote:Gonna load these up starting week 3 of my CLE franchise. I’m generally pleased with how things looked in weeks 1 & 2 on default all-pro save for the HUGE amount of turnovers. There were 9 total in week 2 versus BAL! I’m sure these will make things even better.

I stop buying the console versions years ago, 2008 PC has the deepest Franchise options and CPU vs CPU play and mods.
Not sure what you meant about the turnovers, you can't blame my sliders on those.. :D

NoleFan
Rookie

Postby NoleFan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:51 pm

cdcool wrote:
ayelem wrote:Gonna load these up starting week 3 of my CLE franchise. I’m generally pleased with how things looked in weeks 1 & 2 on default all-pro save for the HUGE amount of turnovers. There were 9 total in week 2 versus BAL! I’m sure these will make things even better.

I stop buying the console versions years ago, 2008 PC has the deepest Franchise options and CPU vs CPU play and mods.
Not sure what you meant about the turnovers, you can't blame my sliders on those.. :D

Oh no :D I meant on default all-Pro! Ha

Any tips for franchise? I don’t normally want to concern myself with some of the owner stuff. I’m more about building up the team and watching the games.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:20 pm

ayelem wrote:
cdcool wrote:

Oh no :D I meant on default all-Pro! Ha

Any tips for franchise? I don’t normally want to concern myself with some of the owner stuff. I’m more about building up the team and watching the games.

Cool! Not sure what roster or Franchise file you are using, check depth charts for both teams before playing games, check that positions are evenly distributed and what players are Injured. Use free agents when needed to fill positions so players are playing at their intended positions taking into account each team's available salary and also ensure everyone has a salary and that no free agents have a salary. Roster management is important in Madden to have an effective Franchise.

daflyboys
Rookie

Postby daflyboys » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 am

Sorry for the simple questions but I don't play this game very much, but want to use coach mode to do so. When you guys say "CPU v CPU" do you mean coach mode or do you take the human element out altogether?

If those are 2 separate things, does this set up work for coach mode just as well?

Last question: I have no idea what Calhoupe's Madden Scripts 1.61 is or how to implement it. Where would I get a guide for that?

Thanks in advance.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:01 am

daflyboys wrote:Sorry for the simple questions but I don't play this game very much, but want to use coach mode to do so. When you guys say "CPU v CPU" do you mean coach mode or do you take the human element out altogether?

If those are 2 separate things, does this set up work for coach mode just as well?

Last question: I have no idea what Calhoupe's Madden Scripts 1.61 is or how to implement it. Where would I get a guide for that?

Thanks in advance.

For Calhoupe's scripts: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16466

The newest version is 1.65.

And as far as I know, cdcool plays CPU vs CPU, not coach mode. I have played coach mode with a set of CPU vs CPU sliders for about a season before, and I have been satisfied with the results. So I would say you can go ahead and use these sliders.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 am

daflyboys wrote:Sorry for the simple questions but I don't play this game very much, but want to use coach mode to do so. When you guys say "CPU v CPU" do you mean coach mode or do you take the human element out altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Daflyboy,
I play has General Manager for all 32 teams, CPU vs CPU, I do not call plays, which is Coach mode. I take control of all 32 teams, AI vs AI, my sliders are tested for CPU vs CPU games only but they may work.

Cal's scripts is a program that you run before Madden which implements changes to the game, such as updated NFL rules. Calhoupe's Madden Scripts now 1.65 is absolutely required in opinion to get a realistic and up to date NFL experience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 am

rambolz wrote:

Thanks in advance.

For Calhoupe's scripts: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16466

The newest version is 1.65.

And as far as I know, cdcool plays CPU vs CPU, not coach mode. I have played coach mode with a set of CPU vs CPU sliders for about a season before, and I have been satisfied with the results. So I would say you can go ahead and use these sliders.

Thanks!!!

daflyboys
Rookie

Postby daflyboys » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks for the guidance, guys. After I posted I looked into the script tool a bit more and now I see what you mean. I'm also slowly getting a grip on the sliders and settings. I still have some of the in-game on the fly/audible things to get down.

I am playing a bit with a few sliders after one complete 15 minute coach mode game (e.g., kickoffs did not go into the end zone nearly enough compared to how it is now and the running games suffered on both sides....do making changes accordingly).

So is the Jinx 2016-017 roster the most recent there is? Honestly I'm having a little trouble following the organization of the site and where to find the most recent rosters. And I don't want to ask as I know having done rosters in the past for 2K5 football (and currently for the past few years for MVP 05 PC baseball) that the last thing you want to be asked as a roster maker is when it's going to be ready!

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 pm

daflyboys wrote:Thanks for the guidance, guys. After I posted I looked into the script tool a bit more and now I see what you mean. I'm also slowly getting a grip on the sliders and settings. I still have some of the in-game on the fly/audible things to get down.

I am playing a bit with a few sliders after one complete 15 minute coach mode game (e.g., kickoffs did not go into the end zone nearly enough compared to how it is now and the running games suffered on both sides....do making changes accordingly).

So is the Jinx 2016-017 roster the most recent there is? Honestly I'm having a little trouble following the organization of the site and where to find the most recent rosters. And I don't want to ask as I know having done rosters in the past for 2K5 football (and currently for the past few years for MVP 05 PC baseball) that the last thing you want to be asked as a roster maker is when it's going to be ready!

Rodgerjinx Franchise or his Roster is updated for 2017-2018, just search for it.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”