Fast-Sim High INTs

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Re: Fast-Sim High INTs

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 am

Nice! It is all about finding that sweet spot. Can't wait to see your results as I was thinking about starting a coaching franchise as well. This will save me a lot of testing I would of had to do myself so thanks!

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:47 pm

xxxJJJxxx wrote:Nice! It is all about finding that sweet spot. Can't wait to see your results as I was thinking about starting a coaching franchise as well. This will save me a lot of testing I would of had to do myself so thanks!

No worries. I don't know yet when I'll have the time to start the franchise, hopefully within a week. I'll post the results here when I do it.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

mattjames2010 wrote:I have applied the CMP66's adjustments, and while it improved passing/rushing yard totals, the INT totals are just insane. Not one QB, because of this, has a rating over 90 in the first season I simmed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/play ... at/passing

Looking at this years stats, only one starting QB had over 20 INTs. League average seems to be around 13-15 (Many QBs have less due to less pass attempts, but adjusting, they'd most likely meet the NFL average)

Applying the CMP66 adjustments, it neither brings passing yardage totals to realism, it gives the league 4-5 QBs who throw over 20 INTs and rarely if ever someone who throws single digit INTs. I mean, Tom Brady only throwing a total of 25 TDs and 20 INTs? Come on now...

Is this something that has never been fixed because it's a bit of a deal breaker for me. Is there something else I need to go in and change?

I generally think that rogerjinx's roster/ovr calculator is causing this problem. In just 5 weeks, Mitchell Trubisky through for a total of 2 TDs and 16 INTs in superstar mode, which is just ridiculous. At the end of the season he finished with 21 TDs and 39 INTs which is just beyond crazy...throwing for that many interceptions in a season is ridiculous.

What freaks me out though is that his overall rating when up, along with his throw accuracy ANNDDD awareness. He also through for the 2nd most yards that season (probably 3,900-something, can't remember). :shock: :?

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 pm

rambolz wrote:
xxxJJJxxx wrote:Nice! It is all about finding that sweet spot. Can't wait to see your results as I was thinking about starting a coaching franchise as well. This will save me a lot of testing I would of had to do myself so thanks!

No worries. I don't know yet when I'll have the time to start the franchise, hopefully within a week. I'll post the results here when I do it.

I think you are missing something quite obvious, at the start of your franchise (or rather before any edits) export CSV that stores player ratings (that might be PLAY table, not sure on that one), then do the global edits for the 0 catch ratings, save that franchise and export CSV with player ratings once again, now you have one with default (gameplay) ratings and one that is for simmed games, all you would have to do in this situation is importing gameplay ratings before you play the game and importing sim game ratings after you are done.

I will try this myself sometime soon since high int totals are driving me insane .

Edit: yeah so PLAY table stores the entire roster (players, ratings, their equipment etc.) so what i wrote above should work.

xxxJJJxxx
Veteran

Postby xxxJJJxxx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Very nice! Well done Prevas.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

prevas wrote:
rambolz wrote:

I think you are missing something quite obvious, at the start of your franchise (or rather before any edits) export CSV that stores player ratings (that might be PLAY table, not sure on that one), then do the global edits for the 0 catch ratings, save that franchise and export CSV with player ratings once again, now you have one with default (gameplay) ratings and one that is for simmed games, all you would have to do in this situation is importing gameplay ratings before you play the game and importing sim game ratings after you are done.

I will try this myself sometime soon since high int totals are driving me insane .

Edit: yeah so PLAY table stores the entire roster (players, ratings, their equipment etc.) so what i wrote above should work.

True.. that's a good to do it.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:41 am

I finally did some testing yesterday. I was using rogerjinx 9.0 roster and simmed a season:

With the default catch ratings:

There were over 10 QBs with more than 20 INTs. I think one even had over 30.

The most INTs by a defensive player was 9.

With the catch 0 for defensive players:

The most INTs was 14, and the fewest 6 I think.

The most INTs by a defensive player was 6.

Overall, the 0 catch rating is way better. A few more INTs wouldn't hurt but anything is better than the default one.

I started a franchise with -60 catch to all defensive players to get a few more INTs. I'll post some stats here at some waypoints along the season.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm

I'll post my simulation results (hadn't played '08 in years on the pc, didn't realize how fast it summer seasons was a great help for these)

I'm currently on my tablet right now, but I tested using I believe Jinx's rosters with the ff mod and it looked like -60 was the way to go. You still had the same averages as this year with def ints and good numbers of picks for the qbs.

I tested -15, -50, and -60. I think this method is way better than setting 0 because at the end of the season you can just mass edit all of the ratings back with amp or w/e editor you choose to use.

Code: Select all

Default catch settings
Season 1:
Highest L.McCowan 35/Lowest M.Mariota 9/
30: 1
20: 14
10: 16
Under 10: 1

Season 2:
Highest M.Triskbky 32/Lowest R.Wilson 9 /
30: 2
20: 12
10: 17
Under 10: 1

Season 1:
Highest E.Manning 24/Lowest T.Simien 5/
30: 0
20: 9
10: 20
Under 10: 5

Season 2:
Highest B.Hoyer 23/Lowest S.Bradford 3/
20: 3
10: 24
Under 10: 7

Season 1:
Highest A.Smith 20/Lowest G.Smith 4/
20: 1
10: 17
Under 10: 14

Season 2:
Highest J.Flacco 22/Lowest Drew Brees 1/
20: 2
10: 14
Under 10: 17

Season 1: (injuries off)
Highest J.Flacco 20/Lowest J.Goff 8/
20: 1
10: 22
Under 10: 9

Season 2: (injuries on)
Highest S.Bradford 15/Lowest G.Smith 4/
20: 0
10: 18
Under 10: 15

For most of the really low INT's, they were non starters and/or players who got injured during the season. I think the lowest averages for a starter was around 6-8 ints.

My last sim with -60 gave me the most realistic stats across the board, not just INT's. Could have been a coincidence since I doubt dropping the catching ratings does anything but affect QB's int's and defensive int's.

Also, take note, I actually restarted the season from week 1 everytime. I didn't advance into a new one. FWIW.

EbesTheBoss
Rookie

Postby EbesTheBoss » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Whats the easiest way to have the best cornerbacks and safeties keep their original catching stats because they won't have realistic contracts in the offseason if they have 25 catch rating.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

EbesTheBoss wrote:Whats the easiest way to have the best cornerbacks and safeties keep their original catching stats because they won't have realistic contracts in the offseason if they have 25 catch rating.

At the end of the season, before you go into offseason, just increase every db's catch attributes by whatever you dropped it by. You can mass edit attributes with NZA editor.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”