Coach Mode Sliders

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
romo27
Rookie

Coach Mode Sliders

Postby romo27 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:27 pm

First post, so be gentle. I currently play in Coach Mode, and have been playing as the Bears. Playing the game as it comes "out of the box," I've noticed that Jay Cutler throws many more picks than he does in real life, and I can't sustain a drive of more than about 5 plays without an INT. I've messed around with the sliders, but have noticed that he still throws into double coverage, when there are at least two other wide open receivers, and that he consistently throws 4 or 5 picks per game. My receivers are partly to blame, even though their CTH ratings are all in the high 80s, but they can't seem to go up to get a pass to save their lives.

How can I set up the sliders so that the offense completes at least a few passes, and minimize the INTs. I don't expect to win every game, or have Cutler complete every pass, but now the games are so frustrating that I don't enjoy playing at all.

Thoughts?

Coach Mode Sliders

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Re: Coach Mode Sliders

Postby moonbax » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Defensive Awareness is a pretty general slider and seems to affect multiple areas of the game including Special Teams.

spydermanj
Pro Bowl

Postby spydermanj » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:45 am

romo27 wrote:First post, so be gentle. I currently play in Coach Mode, and have been playing as the Bears. Playing the game as it comes "out of the box," I've noticed that Jay Cutler throws many more picks than he does in real life, and I can't sustain a drive of more than about 5 plays without an INT. I've messed around with the sliders, but have noticed that he still throws into double coverage, when there are at least two other wide open receivers, and that he consistently throws 4 or 5 picks per game. My receivers are partly to blame, even though their CTH ratings are all in the high 80s, but they can't seem to go up to get a pass to save their lives.

How can I set up the sliders so that the offense completes at least a few passes, and minimize the INTs. I don't expect to win every game, or have Cutler complete every pass, but now the games are so frustrating that I don't enjoy playing at all.

Thoughts?

It's funny that I play as the Bears as well! Lol. But anyway, I usually set Offensive awareness to about 75 and QB accuracy to 75-80. I also set WR catching to about 70, so there are some dropped balls, but rarely an interception. You might also have to set CPU Defensive awareness to 35-40 and CPU QB accuracy to about 50 and CPU WR Catching to about 45-50. That should even it up a bit.

Also, Alshon Jeffery isn't catching the deep ball? Wow, that's a shocker.

And if you don't want to mess with the sliders, just trade or draft for a more accurate QB! Lol. Hope this helps.

kayber76
Rookie

Postby kayber76 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I just installed the game again and started coach mode. I'm looking for some coach mode sliders too, I recall it being very inaccurate in the default settings.

Any advice on some good sliders for coach mode? I just grabbed Jinx roster for 2016-2017

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”