Increase fumble frequenxy

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Postby adoreizi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Which slider would be most appropriate to increase fumble frequency without compromising great running/breaking tackle efficiency? I'm averaging about 0.5 fumbles per game and id like to get it to around 1.0-1.5 per game.

Sponsor

Sponsor

valvegas1
All-Pro

Re: Increase fumble frequenxy

Postby valvegas1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 am

Well the only slider that will effect fumbles is the RB ABILITY slider...but decreasing this slider will also decrease every players ability to run with the ball including less broken tackles, less agility, less speed, less ball control...now you could counter act the lower effects of the running back by lower the tackling slider on defense but that will again make the defenders less likely to cause a fumble...my recommendation would be to open your roster/franchise in the madden editor or madden amp and do a global edit of the carry stat...i would start by lowering everyone 5 points and do about 15-30 test games...if that doesn't get you where you want to be then repeat and lower another 2-5 points...just keep doing this till you reach a desired fumble per game ratio

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:53 am

Agreed, the carry attribute.

However, one thing my working with the Run Defense % slider has indicated is that you might also potentially increase the proportion of fumbles to interceptions by making Defensive Strategies prefer Run Defense (50-51% or so).

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:26 am

moonbax wrote:However, one thing my working with the Run Defense % slider has indicated is that you might also potentially increase the proportion of fumbles to interceptions by making Defensive Strategies prefer Run Defense (50-51% or so).

The major downfall with this method would be the undesirable effects elsewhere in the game...I have drawn an assumption (and please correct me if i'm wrong) that you fail to realize the most important aspect of modding this game...That would be that when you adjust any one slider in this game it will effect multiple areas of gameplay...take for instance the RB ABILITY slider...Most would assume it only effects RB's and FB's because that is what the name implies...This however is not the case it effects the speed, agility, acceleration, carry, break-tackle and strength of ever single player that carries the football which in return has a major impact on punt and kick return stats, rb/fb stats, wr yards after catch stats, interception return stats, qb rushing yards stats and much more...I'm not entirely sure but it might also effect the AI's playcalling decisions

This applies to all "sliders" that can be adjusted...In my experience modding this game ( which equates to 7 years now ) sliders effect multiple ares of gameplay/realism whereas players specific ratings only effect that specific area of that players gameplay

In order to find that balance and realism you are looking for you have to know what each slider effects and how much and then adjust all of them to point of perfection...when I took a real big dive into slider and rating adjustments to make the game more "real" I spent nearly 8 hours a day for 6 months strait working on sliders and rating and all that comes with them and I still don't know 100% certain every effect that every slider and rating has in this game (and the effects all change based on the difficulty level you play on as well)...But I do know for sure that every single slider effects multiple aspects of gameplay whereas the players individual rating are less likely to have that broad of an effect

I like reading all the research you are doing and you are making great progress...I love the fact that you are documenting it too (which I rarely did sadly)...What I would love to see in the future is you start building it all into one massive thesis and start linking everything together so that when someone reads it they can draw a very clear understanding of what effects what and how

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 am

Did I imply that adjusting D Strategy wouldn't affect the performance in other areas? Obviously it would, sliders interact with each other in mathematically "chaotic" ways that can't be described as neatly as you are hoping for, I'm afraid. I didn't fail to realize that.

adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Re: Increase fumble frequency

Postby adoreizi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:16 pm

I wanted to avoid a global edit due to the tedious nature of applying the edit at the start of the season and remove it at the end to account for the next year batch of rookies. I slightly decreased my RB ability and increased tackling sliders and within two games I'm averaging 2 fumbles a game compared to just .5 a game. There is a significant difference in the RB game. For example my ability to break tackles is very dependent on my timing, my players ability, my juke move, and the defenders stats. In addition, the computer runs not the greatest run routes. I'll have to keep tweaking it so I can get the CPU to run great run plays while being vulnerable to the occasional fumble

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Open your roster in NZA. Add the "Fumble Prone" to the players you want to adjust in the "Roles" section. I'm not sure what would happen if you have both roles set to "Fumble Prone", maybe the player will produce even more fumbles.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”