2016 Player (WR, QB, etc.) Role/Weapon and Style/Tendency Adjustments Discussion Thread

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
rambolz
All-Pro

Re: 2016 QB Throw Style, Tendency, and Role/Weapon Adjustments Discussion Thread

Postby rambolz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:24 am

moonbax wrote:There was one time I got over 51% completion averages with "Vertical" teams, which I had to lower Defensive Aggression down to 20 (recommended by cmp66) to get.

However, even with regular defensive aggression I can still get 55-59% completion averages using "West Coast" teams. Also, I've found that "precision passers" might help a little bit, but not as much as I would like. It mostly just changes the animations that you see, the trajectory of the ball and etc.. It doesn't necessarily make QBs more intelligent decision-makers with their passing. :\

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the ''West Coast'' with the regular defensive aggression when I have time! ;)

Re: 2016 QB Throw Style, Tendency, and Role/Weapon Adjustments Discussion Thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm

rambolz wrote:
moonbax wrote:It is commonly cited in sports writing about offensive systems that every team in the NFL today is really a "hybrid," which is why I've even disregarded my own suggested Coach Aggression sliders and I've made every team "West Coast" in Madden 08, with Offensive Aggression 53+. I've been getting completion rates and generally a style of play consistent with the current NFL that I could never get with Aggression 50, "Vertical Passing".

And because every team uses plays that require precision and timing, like those Bubble screens certainly do, I think that furthers the point that you have to be a Precision Passer in 90%+ of offensive systems in the NFL, if not all.

I have been thinking about ways to get the completion rates up. So are you saying that one way of achieving that would be to make all teams ''West Coast'' with offensive aggression 53+? And how much does the Precision Passer role affect the decision making of the QB?

Have you tried adjusting the QB Accuracy Slider to get the QB's completion %'s up?

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:20 am

Littleware wrote:Have you tried adjusting the QB Accuracy Slider to get the QB's completion %'s up?

I have played around with the sliders a bit, I think I have found a set of sliders that work well for me, the only thing that bothers me is the completion rate. I'll try the ''West Coast'' trick to see if that helps, and maybe adjust the sliders just a bit. I don't want to change them too dramatically, since a very small change can mess up the game quite a bit :lol:

EDIT: Wow there are so many of these coach aggression/slider/pass% threads that I'm lost :? I think I'll try to make all the teams ''West Coast'' and lower the defensive aggression to around 20 to see what happens :mrgreen:

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”