List of Madden 08 Sliders and Settings, and What They Do (Current Best Guesses)

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
trey31
MVP

Re: List of Madden 08 Sliders and Settings, and What They Do (Current Best Guesses)

Postby trey31 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:53 pm

moonbax wrote:"What I hypothesize is that when the QB is dropping back to pass, the pass blocking slider is the one that is used. If passing isn't an option (i.e. any type of turnover return, kick return, run play, or QB passing the line of scrimmage), the run blocking slider is what is used. And I guarantee it affects the whole team." [thank you ycleped]

I have a different hypothesis; its most likely the PLYT (PLaY Tag) value. But essentially, yes, it pretty much works that way.

*The PLYT value controls many AI scripts, including applying player attributes to the game engine, and it can be game breaking by changing the value. I recommend not playing around with it; Pandora's box so-to-speak.
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

Re: List of Madden 08 Sliders and Settings, and What They Do (Current Best Guesses)

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:40 pm

I forgot to mention, I recently did this test and the results seem to support the idea that Defensive Aggression definitely affects live games/slow-sims:

In a Franchise Mode game (rogerjinx ~August roster) I tracked the CPU Jaguars over two Trials, each lasting approximately 30:00 of game time but it depended more on their time of possession. Same opponent (at SEA), same coach sliders, run defense (50%), offensive aggression (53), playbooks, etc. were used in both trials except for Bradley's defensive Aggression value:

Trial 1 (42 defensive snaps)

Gus Bradley - 50 Defense Aggression, 50% Run Defense
Def. Playbook: CIN (46 Normal and 4-3 base sets plus 3-3-5 nickel and 3-2-6 dime)

* 7 were 4-3 Normal
* 6 were 46 Normal
* 2 were 4-3 Under
* 6 were 4-3 Over
* 11 were 4-2-5 or [4-1-6] sets
* 10 were 3-3-5 or [3-2-6 or 3-1-7] sets

Total of 21 nickel or [dime or quarter] sets out of 42 defensive snaps = 50%

Trial 2 (43 defensive snaps)

Gus Bradley - 20 Defense Aggression, 50% Run Defense
Def. Playbook: CIN (46 Normal and 4-3 base sets plus 3-3-5 nickel and 3-2-6 dime)

* 13 were 4-3 Normal
* 3 were 46 Normal
* 1 was 46 Bear
* 5 were 4-3 Under
* 7 were 4-3 Over
* 9 were 4-2-5 or [4-1-6] sets
* 5 were 3-3-5 or [3-2-6 or 3-1-7] sets

Total of 14 nickel or [dime or quarter] sets out of 43 defensive snaps = 33%

Conclusions: A little interesting that the nickel [and dime and quarter] amount went down significantly when Defensive Aggression was decreased. This very well could be a slider that controls the variation of defensive playcalling; more conservative might mean a larger percentage of base sets in situations that would normally call for a nickel set, and more aggressive might end up meaning that more nickel [or dime/quarter] is used in more situations.
Want my 2017 research? http://maddenpcmod.123forum.co.uk

The All-TPF Mod: A Community-Produced Mod for Madden PC
The P&M 2017 Roster | Importable DCHT.csv & Subs.csv
Bank of America Update 3.0 | AT&T Stadium w/ Cardinals Conversion

MortalGarbage
Rookie

Postby MortalGarbage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

What is the difference between fast sim and slow sim?

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”