Coach Aggression Settings and Philosophy (Helpful Chart & Explanation)

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:11 pm

EDIT:

West Coast & Contain Passing: (Run <50% / Off. Agg. ≥51)

Vertical Passing & Disrupt Passing: (Run <50% / Off. Agg. ≤50)

Ball Control & Force the Pass: (Run ≥50% / Off. Agg. ≥51)

Establish Run & Shut Down Runs: (Run ≥50% / Off. Agg. ≤50)

Dan Quinn on the meaning of "aggression" in coaching parlance [of our times]:
Quinn, though, was always careful to say that aggressiveness could be defined in ways other than just what the average football fan — whose idea of aggressiveness often is defined by how often a team blitzes — might think.

Here’s a quote from Quinn prior to the season:

'I think that we just have a mindset that we like to play aggressive. Even if you play tight coverage or you are playing man-to-man or something like that, it might feel like it’s more aggressive. But that’s certainly my nature of being a defensive line coach. I’ve been a defensive line coach for a long time. That’s part of my background to play that style and that’s how I like to be and coach does too. So maybe they are feeling that as well.'

The key part there is where he defines aggressiveness as playing man-to-man or tight coverage.

EDIT 4/20:

Spoiler:
Here are some tendencies I notice occur with certain teams. I did not test these specifically, these are just things I recall observing as being out of the ordinary as far as what I usually see in this game. Feel free to chime in if you have noticed any of these occurring or occurring with other teams, I want to get a complete picture of what these sliders do.

Ron Rivera: No-Huddle starting at 2:00 of first half (leading).

Bruce Arians: No-Huddle starting at 2:00 of first half.

Jeff Fisher: No-Huddle in Two-Minute Warning (was tied, 1:20-1:30 remaining). Attempted a 2-point conversion in the Two-Minute Warning of first half.

Pete Carroll: Does not go into No-Huddle in first half (trailing), punted at 37 yard line in first half. Allowed clock to run out in first half.

Bill O'Brian: Attempted 4th Down conversions starting at 15:00 in the fourth quarter (when trailing).

Sean Payton: Did not go into No-Huddle in first half (leading). Punted at 35 yard line in first half. Allowed clock to run out in first half.

It appears that as the offense slider moves to the right the fewer chances the coach takes in the first half, but probably more so in the second half.

Anyone want to try settings between these values for coaches you're used to and tell me what you saw?

Original post:

Spoiler:
I must know more about this, I believe it could be instrumental in achieving good clock management and whether a coach punts or kicks a FG.

I notice that some offenses do not go into no-huddle until about 1:20-1:40, while others go into no-huddle anytime within 2:00 in a half. I believe I saw the Seattle Seahawks not going into no-huddle until 1:30 or 1:40. This must be related to the aggression settings or philosophy.

In addition, I witnessed the New Orleans Saints electing to punt rather than kick a FG at the 35 yard line early in a game, which would've been a 53 yd attempt. However, I haven't reproduced this as of yet.

Someone must know what settings control this, it would greatly improve this game if I could figure out how to make these the "norm" rather than the exceptions.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: Coach Aggression Settings and Their Effects?

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm just going to throw out a hypothesis based on how I think Madden's AI works. I haven't tested this out in any real way so take it with a grain of salt.

Aggression just means propensity to call big plays. On offense it means more vertical passing, long bombs, ala Al Davis. On defense it means more blitzes, more man coverage, also ala Al Davis. On special teams it means taking a kicker in the first round ala Al...J/K I have no clue what it means for special teams.

I doubt it does anything more than that. I wish it did though. I wish we could crank up the aggression to make coaches go for it on fourth down on a regular basis but it seems the only way to do that is with cheat engine.

moonbax
MVP

Re: Coach Aggression Settings and Their Effects: An Experiment

Postby moonbax » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 pm

I decided to test what would happen if I used "Pete Carroll's" default aggression sliders for both offense and defense on a team/coach that I knew well, Ron Rivera. This was because I knew I had seen the Hawks regularly NOT go into no-huddle in the first half.

On the default settings for Rivera (below), I never witnessed the Panthers electing to punt anywhere within the 37 yard line. In addition, I saw the Panthers go into a no-huddle offense immediately after the two minute warning, despite being ahead 11 points.

When I used Pete Carroll's aggression sliders for Ron Rivera (below), I noticed on a 4th down, in the 2nd quarter, the Panthers punted at the 37 yard line. In addition, the team did not go into no-huddle anywhere between the 2:00 and 1:00 marks. They were in the red zone at the time, so this may have been a factor that influenced this decision.

Notice that I moved the offense slider to the right, not the left, and this results in what would normally be considered a conservative decision. I also notice that Sean Peyton's slider is more to the right as well, which is the team I mentioned elected to punt at the 35 (in the first quarter).

So, all of these instances have in common that they occurred during the first half of the game. Could this perhaps indicate that the slider controls some aspect of the aggression at different periods in a game, such as first half vs. second half?

Here are some tendencies I notice occur with certain teams. I did not test these specifically, these are just things I recall observing as being out of the ordinary as far as what I usually see in this game. Feel free to chime in if you have noticed any of these occurring or occurring with other teams, I want to get a complete picture of what these sliders do.

Ron Rivera: No-Huddle starting at 2:00 of first half (leading).

Bruce Arians: No-Huddle starting at 2:00 of first half.

Jeff Fisher: No-Huddle in Two-Minute Warning (was tied, 1:20-1:30 remaining). Attempted a 2-point conversion in the Two-Minute Warning of first half.

Pete Carroll: Does not go into No-Huddle in first half (trailing), punted at 37 yard line in first half. Allowed clock to run out in first half.

Bill O'Brien: Attempted 4th Down conversions starting at 15:00 in the fourth quarter (trailing).

Sean Payton: Did not go into No-Huddle in first half (leading). Punted at 35 yard line in first half. Allowed clock to run out in first half.

It appears that as the offense slider moves to the right the fewer chances the coach takes in the first half, but probably more so in the second half.

Anyone want to try settings between these values for coaches you're used to and tell me what you saw?

Edit:

Just had a thought, every time a coach goes for a FG or does something "aggressive" early in a game and it ends up blowing up in their face it seems like the game tries to "make the coach pay" for that aggression by forcing/allowing the other team to respond immediately with a scoring drive or turnover. What if this is related to the coach aggression slider?

Edit:

Another note, the range is from Ron Rivera and Bruce Arians (farthest left) to Mike Tomlin, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton (farthest right).

Everyone else is in between EXCEPT for "Doug Pederson" in the latest rogerjinx roster, slightly higher than the others. Perhaps this was Kelly's?

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Also, where or whom did these settings come from? Does anyone know?

Edit:

I believe pushing the offense slider slightly right of center (~53, see below) will end up resulting in the most appropriate pace of play. When teams with this setting play, like the Seahawks, they use up more of the clock in the first half, elect to punt at the 37 yard line early on which results in less missed FGs, and attempt more 4th downs when trailing in the fourth. This seems to produce a better number of punts, number of possessions, and better pace of play overall in these games.

Edit:

I have determined that this value is the COTA value found in the COCH table using DB Editor. Here are the corresponding offensive "aggression" values for each of the current 32 coaches:

Pederson: 61

Payton, Reid, Tomlin: 59

Fox, Bradley: 58

Kubiak, Caldwell, McCarthy, Del Rio: 57

Kelly, Pagano, Mularkey: 55

McCoy, O'Brian: 54

Jackson, Gase, Carroll: 53

Lewis, Ryan, Harbaugh, Gruden: 52

Belichick, Bowles, Zimmer, Fisher, Garrett, Koetter: 51

McAdoo, Quinn: 50

Rivera, Arians: 48

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm

This is pretty good. I did adjust every coaches pass/run ratio, RB usage and aggression sliders in my franchise (Jinx Roster) to meet the current nfl teams/my philosophy. I also adjusted quite a few player ratings. Every TE and FB can't be 99 or 98 rated!!! The sim results have changed big time, more points are being scored in the simmed games. CPU vs CPU are generating reasonable stat lines as well. The box scores from the simmed games look very nfl normal. Teams who have great RB's, I tweaked less passing, teams with scrambling qb's got more passing and plenty of penalties being called! Teams with bad QB's like Denver and the 49ers, I tweaked them to rely on run the more and be less aggressive. I set aggression based on coaches and the teams, winners are more aggressive and take more chances than the lower losing teams!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Littleware, what notable aggression settings (approximate COTA) did you use for certain coaches, and do any of the results you are seeing sound like what I mentioned seeing for each coach? For example, fewer No-Huddles, better FG decisions, etc..

I am noticing that games involving coaches with more than 56 COTA (Kubiak, Bradley, Fox), or sometimes ones where both coaches have low COTA (51-52), are the ones turning into punt-fests. The ones with high COTA get off to a very slow start. It can be quite irritating. Does anyone else notice this at all or is it all in my head?

Also, another thing to report, McCarthy (57 COTA) elected to NOT challenge an obvious catch out of bounds situation in the 1st Quarter. The catch put the Bears right next to the goal line! This might be the max setting to use, if you want coaches who stubbornly save challenges.

Edit:

The more I think about it, it was probably Arians (48 COTA) who went for the 2 point conversion in the first half (against Fisher/Rams).

Also, I do not see Harbaugh (52) going No-Huddle in the first half (ahead 3), or calling timeouts to preserve time.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:19 am

moonbax wrote:Littleware, what notable aggression settings (approximate COTA) did you use for certain coaches, and do any of the results you are seeing sound like what I mentioned seeing for each coach? For example, fewer No-Huddles, better FG decisions, etc..

I am noticing that games involving coaches with more than 56 COTA (Kubiak, Bradley, Fox), or sometimes ones where both coaches have low COTA (51-52), are the ones turning into punt-fests. The ones with high COTA get off to a very slow start. It can be quite irritating. Does anyone else notice this at all or is it all in my head?

Also, another thing to report, McCarthy (57 COTA) elected to NOT challenge an obvious catch out of bounds situation in the 1st Quarter. The catch put the Bears right next to the goal line! This might be the max setting to use, if you want coaches who stubbornly save challenges.

Edit:

The more I think about it, it was probably Arians (48 COTA) who went for the 2 point conversion in the first half (against Fisher/Rams).

Also, I do not see Harbaugh (52) going No-Huddle in the first half (ahead 3), or calling timeouts to preserve time.

I was in your situation, watched tons 3 & outs :evil: . Could not stand to watch CPU vs CPU! At first I would start a CPU vs. CPU to test playbooks, but after watching the terrible play on both sides, I could not sit to watch any longer. I then would start the game, turned the screen off, leave for an hour and checked results later. I realized playbooks weren't the problem. So like you, I started tweaking: 1st) all of those 99 rated TE's & FB's and adjusted many players to get actual Madden 16 OVR rating. That helped but didn't solve the issues. Then, 2nd) I used the slider suggestions from the other pages. But I realized that adjusting those slides gave either the CPU or Human unfair advantage. Performance is supposed to be based on player ratings not sliders. So that's when I started on the coaches...

Example of QB Accuracy: If QB already has a 89 rating for accuracy, then you up the QB Accuracy Slider a few points, doesn't that give him an unfair in-game advantage? CPU QB accuracy 52 All-Pro.

RB Ability Rating: If Adrian Peterson is already at a high break tackle and awareness, how much stronger doe he get when you tweak the RB Ability to 54 & UP. I'll tell you!!! He ran for 200 plus yard each game no matter what team he played against. He regularly broke tackles from 5 to 6 defenders and scored way too often. Too much is too much! There had to be a better balance! The balance was to keep him strong but make him vulnerable to get tackled by the DB in the open field as he normally does in real life! RB Ability 53 All-Pro.

I did notice the lack of aggression, and play calling was vanilla initially, after the tweaks and using the Peyton Manning QB script it changed aspects of plays called. Then I started with my coaching slider adjustments. Now after the tweaks I made, as I mentioned in the other post, the game play/pace looks better. The stats look normal. Except the pancake issue! My CPU vs. CPU games average 5-8 punts per game now!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 am

Yep, it's the multiple consecutive three-and-out problem, and I have a possible good explanation for it.

These high COTA teams seem to be making more passes earlier in games, and more passes in the red zone. When teams use up no time it really kills the pace of a game. I think COTA being too high or too low is telling the AI to keep trying runs or passes over and over until the AI realizes it just won't work and abandons it after about a quarter (which is something Madden comments on). It is resulting in some quarters being very slow and some being very fast paced.

You know what, I think COTA is what is controlling the statistical variation of the coach's playcalling, style, and decision-making regarding challenges and FGs.

This would be analogous to what I have found for the weather and the CREG variable controlling statistical variation of the weather.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

I decided to try several CPU vs CPU games between Jim Caldwell (Lions) and John Fox (Bears) at varying values of offensive aggression, aka COTA.

Trial 1: COTA 57 (Caldwell) vs COTA 58 (Fox) [defaults by Raston]
Trial 2: COTA 57 (Caldwell) vs COTA 57 (Fox)
Trial 3: COTA 56 (Caldwell) vs COTA 56 (Fox)

• Games tended to have teams with 4-6 punts after just 12-15 minutes of gametime.
  • Multiple consecutive three-and-outs were commonplace.

Trial 4: COTA 55 (Caldwell) vs COTA 55 (Fox)
Trial 5: COTA 54 (Caldwell) vs COTA 54 (Fox)

• Games began to show opening drives that led to scores.
  • Multiple forced passes/INTs early.
  • Multiple forced passes/INTs in red zone.
  • Multiple forced passes/INTs in two-minute warning.
  • Both teams had 4-6 punts after 30 minutes of gametime.
  • Both teams with four interceptions after 30 minutes of gametime.

Trial 6: COTA 53 (Caldwell) vs COTA 53 (Fox)

• Game began with three consecutive field goal/scoring drives.
  • Each team had one pick after 30 minutes.
  • Average punts per team after 60 minutes: 8.

Code: Select all

Madden NFL 08 PC v0.0 Game Log - Lions at Bears
Game Time: Thu Apr 21 10:47:21 2016
Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 15 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       29    29
Pass Blocking                     18    18
Receiver Catching                 36    36
Running Ability                   62    62
Offensive line Run Blocking       18    18
Defensive Awareness               34    34
Defensive line Knockdowns          9     9
Interceptions                      1     1
Defensive Break Blocks             8     8
Tackling                          28    28
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                50    50
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                     49    49
Kickoff Length                    67    67

Weather
Forecast: Fair
Wind: 3 mph
Temp: 68 degrees

Team               Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT      FINAL
Lions               3   14    7    0    0         24
Bears               6    0    6   10    0         22

Game Statistics:                    Lions      Bears
First Downs                            13         19
Third Down Conversions                  3          8
Third Downs                            17         22
Third Down Percentage               17.6%      36.4%
Fourth Down Conversions                 0          1
Fourth Downs                            0          2
Fourth Down Percentage               0.0%      50.0%
Two Pt Conversions Made                 0          0
Two Pt Conversions Attempted            0          0
Two Pt Conversion Percentage         0.0%       0.0%
Offense Redzone Num                     2          0
Offense Redzone TDs                     0          0
Offense Redzone FGs                     0          0
Offense Redzone Percentage           0.0%       0.0%
Rushing Attempts                       31         33
Rushing Yards                         108        119
Rushing Average                       3.5        3.6
Rushing TDs                             0          0
Passing Yards                         273        297
Passing Completions                    16         23
Passing Attempts                       40         52
Completion Percentage               40.0%      44.2%
Passing Average                       6.8        5.7
Passing TDs                             2          1
Offensive Pass Interceptions            3          2
TOTAL OFFENSE                         381        416
Defensive Pass Interceptions            2          3
Punt Return Yards                       8          5
Kick Return Yards                      66         43
Punts                                  10          6
Punt Avg                             49.3       46.5
Fumbles                                 0          3
Fumbles Lost                            0          2
Penalties                               9          8
Penalty Yds                            95         61
Turnovers                               3          4
TIME OF POSSESSION                  25:40      34:20

Individual Stats: Bears
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Jay Cutler                      23   52  310   44   5.9    2    1    2   39   54.2

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Jacquizz Rodgers                20   87   4.3   15    0    0
Jeremy Langford                 10   23   2.2    9    0    0
Zach Miller                      2    8   4.0    6    0    0
Ka'Deem Carey                    1    1   1.0    1    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Rob Housler                      6  100  16.6   39    1    4   18
Alshon Jeffery                   6   77  12.8   31    0    2   10
Eddie Royal                      4   47  11.7   22    0    2    6
Kevin White                      2   45  22.5   36    0    1    1
Khari Lee                        2   15   7.5   12    0    0   11
Jeremy Langford                  1    9   9.0    9    0    0    5
Zach Miller                      1    9   9.0    9    0    0    0
Marc Mariani                     1    8   8.0    8    0    0    2
Marquess Wilson                  0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
Adrian Amos                      0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
Demontre Hurst                   0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
Kyle Fuller                      0    0   0.0    0    0    5    0
Bryce Callahan                   0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Robbie Gould                     3    3  100          0    2    1   50          0        6          2

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Pat O'Donnell                    6  279  46.5   62      0    1          2

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Eddie Royal                      2   43  21.5    0   25

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Eddie Royal                      2    5   2.5    3    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Tracy Porter                     7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         3        0
Antrel Rolle                     7    0    0    0    0    0    1    1   51  51.0           1        0         0        0
Jerrell Freeman                  6    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Lamarr Houston                   5    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         0        0
Kyle Fuller                      4    0    0    0    0    0    0    2    0   0.0           0        0         4        0
Sherrick McManis                 3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Pernell McPhee                   3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Cornelius Washington             2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Eddie Goldman                    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Mitch Unrein                     2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Adrian Amos                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Zach Miller                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Bryce Callahan                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Christian Jones                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jay Cutler                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Marquess Wilson                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Rob Housler                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Harold Jones-Quartey             1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Bobby Massie                         5             1
Zach Miller                          3             0
Hroniss Grasu                        2             0
Manny Ramirez                        2             0
Kyle Long                            2             1
Rob Housler                          2             0
Matt Slauson                         2             0
Alshon Jeffery                       1             0

Individual Stats: Lions
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Matthew Stafford                16   40  273   40   6.8    0    2    3   58   49.2

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Ameer Abdullah                  11   58   5.2   15    0    0
Theo Riddick                    17   49   2.8   12    0    0
Mike Burton                      1    3   3.0    3    0    0
Matthew Stafford                 2   -2  -1.0    0    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Marvin Jones                     7  129  18.4   38    0    2   23
Theo Riddick                     1   58  58.0   58    1    0   32
Golden Tate                      5   55  11.0   14    0    1   -2
Jeremy Kerley                    1   22  22.0   22    1    1    0
Corey Fuller                     1    6   6.0    6    0    1    0
Brandon Pettigrew                1    3   3.0    3    0    0    0
Tavon Wilson                     0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
DeAndre Levy                     0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
Darius Slay                      0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0
Johnson Bademosi                 0    0   0.0    0    0    1    0

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Matt Prater                      1    1  100          0    3    3  100          0        0          0
Sam Martin                       0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        4          2

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Sam Martin                      10  493  49.2   64      0    2          3

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Jeremy Kerley                    4   66  16.5    0   23

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Jeremy Kerley                    2    8   4.0    4    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Tahir Whitehead                  8    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Rafael Bush                      7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
DeAndre Levy                     6    2    0    0    0    0    0    1   12  12.0           1        0         1        0
Quandre Diggs                    5    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           3        0         4        0
Darius Slay                      5    0    0    0    1   10    1    1   47  47.0           3        0         3        0
Tyrunn Walker                    4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Johnson Bademosi                 4    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         0        0
Ziggy Ansah                      4    0    1    1    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jerry Franklin                   3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Nevin Lawson                     3    1    0    0    1    1    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Haloti Ngata                     3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Crezdon Butler                   2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Devin Taylor                     2    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Glover Quin                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Golden Tate                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Alex Carter                      1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Josh Bynes                       1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Kyle Van Noy                     1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Don Carey                        0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Riley Reiff                          3             0
Mike Burton                          2             0
Lamar Holmes                         2             0
Jeremy Kerley                        2             0
Theo Riddick                         1             0
Larry Warford                        1             0
Don Muhlbach                         1             0
Marvin Jones                         0             0

Game Log Ends
------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT, more observations:

COTA 54 vs COTA 54:

• Lions were shown using audibles in first half (around 3:00 mark)
  • Both teams were shown using audibles late in game.
  • Bears went for it on 4th Down from beyond 40 yd line (around 13:00 mark in fourth quarter).

COTA 53 vs COTA 53:

• Both teams were shown using audibles late in game.
  • Bears went for it on 4th near midfield. (around 13:00 mark in fourth)

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:20 pm

One other element kills the CPU AI play calling. The custom play book AI TAGS have to be revamped! After creating a custom playbook in madden, I use the Playbook Editor 2.5 or 1.2 to correct the Playbook AI. My thinking is that the custom playbooks don't have all of the AI logic complete for the CPU coach AI to run it effectively. So when you use it, the coach seem to run only a few plays and calls the wrong defenses based on personnel, while the QB misses tons of throws. Yesterday, I up'ed the QB Accuracy Slider to 93, played against the Steelers. Ben completed 58% of his passes with 2 TD's, my defense had 3 INTs (Zone Coverages). He threw for 317 in the loosing effort 27-17. Also with the CPU RB Ability at 53 and Human Break Block and Tackle set to 48. Bell ran for 129 on 23 carries. He could have had 200+, but a 83 yd run was called back for holding!

Also because packfan's editor has missing field definitions, it tough to determine all scenario's and where to put some plays into the AI!
I am going to open one of those uncompressed stock playbooks to analyze the AI TAGS of it. The try to mock it! It's been trial and err, but making progress!

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”