Coach Aggression Settings and Philosophy (Helpful Chart & Explanation)

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: Coach Aggression Settings and Philosophy (Helpful Chart)

Postby DrBrownsFan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:49 pm

I would suggest some Browns coaching tendencies, but with an entirely new staff, I'm not sure that would be worth it...
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 pm

DrBrownsFan wrote:I would suggest some Browns coaching tendencies, but with an entirely new staff, I'm not sure that would be worth it...

If you can, help fill in any of the blanks for your favorite team below, which right now are RB1:RB2 and the Browns' defensive philosophy (Base defense or nickel/dime % of snaps, "Disrupt the Pass" or "Contain the Pass", etc.). I'm trying to find out more on these for each coach. I already have Hue's offensive settings from the Bengals' stats last year, where he was OC (West Coast 48% run).

My list of 32 NFL coach's philosophies: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18342

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:10 pm

I'm serious. If you have the raw numbers somewhere, please post them so we can all see them.

moonbax
MVP

Re: Coach Aggression Settings and Philosophy (Helpful Chart & Explanation)

Postby moonbax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 am

Added the Dan Quinn explanation of "aggression" to the first post along with the chart.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Looks like BelieverInTeal's chart may be wrong, there are only four combinations that Littleware and I have been able to observe using coach sliders:

West Coast / Contain Passing (Run <50% / Off. Agg. ≥51)

Vertical Passing / Disrupt Passing (Run <50% / Off. Agg. ≤50)

Ball Control / Force the Pass (Run ≥50% / Off. Agg. ≥51)

Establish Run / Shut Down Runs (Run ≥50% / Off. Agg. ≤50)

Maybe I should have acted like a smartass and presumed that I know more than him about everything and ask him to "post the raw numbers", but I didn't.

Also, this still leaves defensive aggression unsolved. Could either involve blitzing, or could involve a preference for Man/Zone.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 pm

moonbax wrote:Maybe I should have acted like a smartass and presumed that I know more than him about everything and ask him to "post the raw numbers".

Why is this personal? I asked you to back up your claims. If one of my claims is wrong, then ask me to back it up and I will. If I can't, I'll concede that I was wrong.

I was unable to recreate what I did previously using db editor. I have removed the chart. See how easy that was?

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:59 pm

What I'd be interested in seeing is how to decrease sacks allowed for the OL. The season final stats for sacks and sacks allowed are unrealistic in my opinion for franchise. But then when you look at the pass block ratings for many OL per EA you see ratings in the 70's so no wonder we get unrealistically high sacks. Donny seems to lower pass block when a player has a down year. I think the AWE should be tweaked a few points down not lower the pass block 10 or more points for one bad year.

Another issue is INT's by LB's. The catch that EA gives LB's and some SS's today is too high. I've played around with the stat rolling players back to previous roster seasons or simply editing by their INT and Pass Breakups over the last 3 or more years and rating the catch how Madden 08,09, rated it. If a MLB hasn't had an INT in 3 years and his pass breakups are zero to maybe one or two then why would he have a catch of 65 just because he had 4 INT's 5 years ago? Simply giving a LB a catch of 40 can get the player 4 INT's on occasion so a player with 75 catch is OP (overpowered) in my opinion. I've played around with the rating and getting close to seeing a better distribution of INT's with CB's getting a few more. What I'm also doing is if the Overall is lower than what EA gives the player I give him a few more awareness points.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”