Try These Settings

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
Fatrat
Rookie

Try These Settings

Postby Fatrat » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 am

I was being driven crazy by EA's built-in scripting of the results of every game so I set out to find the slider adjustments that would eliminate it. I never did find the perfect adjustments but these settings make for a really tight competitive NFL style game with minimal EA influence on the results. If this is too easy for you better players just drop the slider for your O-Line by 10% and give the CPU another 10% for the CPU O-Line and it will make it much tougher for you. On the other hand, if you find these settings are too hard you can adjust both O-Lines to 99%. This is because the game is designed so that the human has about a 20% advantage when you play with all sliders set at 99% (statistically). The best way to get the EA BS out of the game is to make the game more of a sim by using 99% sliders so that your skill players aren't being as influenced by the game's built-in EA intangibles. Try it and let me know what you think.

15 minute quarters w/Accelerated Clock
Pass Lead -3
QB Vision - Off
Auto Sub In – 87
Auto Sub Out - 97
Auto Switch Back – On
Fatigue - On

Penalties – 99 all

Human/CPU
Accuracy 99/99
Pass Block 20/30
WR Catching 99/99
RB Ability 99/99
Run Block 30/40

Awareness 99/99
Knockdowns 99/99
Interceptions 10/0
Break Block 99/99
Tackling 99/99

A better kicking game seems more like the real NFL to me
Set Both

55/55
55/55
55/55
65/65
58/58

Try These Settings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Re: Try These Settings

Postby Autococker93 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Just FYI, the vast majority of those settings will not "stick" for online games- almost all those settings will only work for offline games.

Fatrat
Rookie

Postby Fatrat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Understood, I'm not nearly good enough to play online. These sliders are just to make my own games offline play more realistically with less of those EA "miracle plays". I have recently had a lot of fun starting a new franchise with these settings. I'm trying to find settings where all the players perform more predictably and according to their real life stats. Then I'll let the computer determine the results of a match up so that I can replay in the game myself to measure my influence.

I have read a lot of people complaining about the way EA adds in all the weird game play but I don't think that everyone realizes that the lower you set your slider numbers the more you are inviting those unrealistic plays to happen. The sliders aren't skill settings. They are a balance between strictly statistical results and the added in game play from EA.

mattjames2010
Rookie

Postby mattjames2010 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:02 am

A lot of your miracle plays are happening due to the QB vision being off. I've built my franchise specifically around QB vision since it's too integral to how defense reads the offense. Without it, you're really not going to eliminate some plays that happen within 2 minutes.

I play coach mode, and the miracle plays are pretty much gone from the CPU. Right now, I'm just working on a more consistent run blocking/run plays, I very rarely get 20+ yard runs in my franchise.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:46 pm

mattjames2010 wrote:A lot of your miracle plays are happening due to the QB vision being off. I've built my franchise specifically around QB vision since it's too integral to how defense reads the offense. Without it, you're really not going to eliminate some plays that happen within 2 minutes.

I play coach mode, and the miracle plays are pretty much gone from the CPU. Right now, I'm just working on a more consistent run blocking/run plays, I very rarely get 20+ yard runs in my franchise.

This is an old post but ... whatever. Try lowering the "False Start" penalty slider, that one affects the run game
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”