Jose21crisis' Classic (Player vs. AI) Sliders

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
mike9472
MVP

Re: Jose21crisis' Classic (Player vs. AI) Sliders

Postby mike9472 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Thouy21 wrote:How do you export boxscores like this? And is there a way I can do that with Rosters as well?

They're automatically generated when you play a game. They're in your My Documents\Madden NFL 08\Stats folder. The game overwrites the file so make sure you get your stats right after playing a game or it'll be lost when you play your next game.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Postby Mike Lowe » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Planning to give these a try...do these sets (or any sets) actually produce penalties and injuries that align with the simulated games?

Always a tough task in Madden, no matter the year it seems.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:Planning to give these a try...do these sets (or any sets) actually produce penalties and injuries that align with the simulated games?

Always a tough task in Madden, no matter the year it seems.

They don't, sadly. The Sim Engine produces too many penalties compared to the Game Engine. As for injuries ... bad, too. Too few OL/DL injuries and too many QB injuries, for example. And if you mess too much with the penalty sliders, gameplay starts getting a bit iffy.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Mike Lowe
Veteran

Postby Mike Lowe » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:34 pm

This is not a knock on the sliders here, but more a cry for help. I am getting *really* bad results in played CPU/CPU games using the CPU set in the first post (with RogerJinx's franchise/roster) and even simmed games haven't looked great (which I do not believe are tied to sliders).

I have used the NZA Madden Editor to set the coach tendencies/ratios at the start of Week 1, and the simmed games definitely improved (although still some some weird things like Brady throwing 4 INTs, Burrow throwing 5). My played CPU/CPU game tests have seen Goff throw anywhere from 5-7 INTs every time. I know Goff isn't a HoF QB, but he just set the Lions single-season record for lowest INT rate (1.6%) in 2021 and had a total of just 8 all season long. Also there have been a ton ton TON of missed extra points and big plays on both offense and defense (long scores, long returns).

So anyway, this community is too big to be playing this game with such bad results, so what am I missing?

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”