CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
User avatar
rambolz
All-Pro
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:59 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby rambolz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I wonder, how QB decision making looks on your end? Do they ignore short passes, uncovered passes for deep, multiple covered passes downfield? Do they drop back and instantly start to run when they are scramblers? I've been having troubles with those, and it is really killing completion percentages, as well as making QBs fumble a fair bit and get injured (Although they would be injured a lot anyway, not sure if there's any way to fix this)

I can't really say for the passing part, but as far as the scrambling goes, very rarely do I see a drop back followed by immediate scramble. I usually get around 3-5 carries by a scrambling QB per game, and most of those are after one or two seconds in the pocket.

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 am

rambolz wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:I wonder, how QB decision making looks on your end? Do they ignore short passes, uncovered passes for deep, multiple covered passes downfield? Do they drop back and instantly start to run when they are scramblers? I've been having troubles with those, and it is really killing completion percentages, as well as making QBs fumble a fair bit and get injured (Although they would be injured a lot anyway, not sure if there's any way to fix this)

I can't really say for the passing part, but as far as the scrambling goes, very rarely do I see a drop back followed by immediate scramble. I usually get around 3-5 carries by a scrambling QB per game, and most of those are after one or two seconds in the pocket.


I kept an eye on this last night during a game and the QBs are good at going through progressions and taking short routes if they're open and not just slinging it way down field. Frankly, most of the long completions that I'm seeing with these settings are shorter routes where the DBs just miss the tackle and the WR is off to the races.

superboss555
Rookie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby superboss555 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
rambolz wrote:Hi KIT,

Coming back after quite a while away from Madden. I'm looking for a set of sliders, coach aggression/philosophy settings, game settings and all that. Can you post your most recent sliders you're using and the coach settings and game settings you're using? Also any other adjustments you've made? I saw a post earlier talking about the global adjustment to catch rating for defenders, are you using that? I assume you're using Calhoupe's scripts as well? :P

Sorry if this a bit much to ask, I just don't have any of my old settings saved anywhere. I'll probably start playing again when the updated rosters are out and I manage to get all the mods installed.


Hey man,

Here are my current settings:

Code: Select all

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                     10    10
Receiver Catching                 48    48
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       30    30
Defensive Awareness               47    47
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                     32    32
Defensive Break Blocks            12    12
Tackling                          42    42
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    99
Punt Length                       30    30
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    48    48

Coach Settings: change Run/Pass % to 25% Pass / 75% Run and Offensive Aggression at 30/70 for played games (ie, watched games).   

Simmed games Run/Pass % at 70% pass / 30% Run and Offensive Aggression at 30/70.


Also, review this post for additional settings related to defender's catch settings to improve the realism of the rest of the league's stats: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... 10#p114378

Lastly, here are the rest of my current settings:
Image
Image
Image


KiT, thanks so much for your work on this. I'm finding, however, my games to be very low-scoring, defense heavy battles--game in, game out. Even great QBs like Brady almost never get more than 200 yards and I think not a single team I've seen in the 10 or so games I've gone through has scored >30 points. Are there any scripts I should be running that I'm not? Thanks very much.

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:11 pm

superboss555 wrote: KiT, thanks so much for your work on this. I'm finding, however, my games to be very low-scoring, defense heavy battles--game in, game out. Even great QBs like Brady almost never get more than 200 yards and I think not a single team I've seen in the 10 or so games I've gone through has scored >30 points. Are there any scripts I should be running that I'm not? Thanks very much.


You're welcome. That is very odd that you're having defensive, low scoring games with low passing yards as I have been seeing the opposite and am actually in the middle of testing some tweaks to these settings to pull back on all the scoring and passing yards. So, you must have some setting that is different. Perhaps the penalty settings? Or, maybe it is the script settings. Here are my current script settings:

Image

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Current slider settings:

Code: Select all

Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 14 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                      8     8
Receiver Catching                 46    46
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       30    30
Defensive Awareness               45    45
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                     20    20
Defensive Break Blocks            10    10
Tackling                          40    40
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    99
Punt Length                       30    30
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    48    48


As an update, I just ran 16 games in franchise mode (one week's worth of games, so all teams were included), and here are the updated stats:

Rushing:
30.4 carries per game, the NFL average is 26. Per team/per game rushing average of 106 yds, the NFL average is 108 yds. Per carry average of 3.5, the NFL average is 4.1.

Passing:
An average of 18.8 completions per game (NFL average is 22), 31.1 attempts per game (NFL average is 36), a completion % of 60.4 (NFL average is 63%), 265.6 yds per game (NFL average is 241), 1.73 TDs per game/per team (NFL average is 1.8), 0.53 ints per game/per team (NFL average is 0.8) and 2.2 sacks per team/per game (NFL average is 2.3).

IMPORTANT: Head coach settings are 37% Pass / 63% Run and Aggressive 70 / Conservative 30... but should be 68 Pass / 32 Run and Aggressive 30 / Conservative 70 for fast-simmed non-watched games (and see penalty and script settings above in this thread)... also see here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20623&start=10#p114378

I'm satisfied with those numbers and am not going to make any additional tweaks at this time in my franchise file. The settings do cause team's to run slightly more than the NFL average (and at a YPC slightly below), but that seemed to cause closer more competitive games, which I was happy to see. Because I think it is nearly impossible to get the Yards Per Attempt stat down in the game to the NFL average of 6.7, I think the only way to have realistic Passing Yards Per Game is to set the coaching Pass/Run percentage so that in the game each team does not through the ball quite as much as a real NFL game. So, like I said, I am going to continue on with these settings.

User avatar
rambolz
All-Pro
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:59 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby rambolz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:09 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:Current slider settings:

Code: Select all

Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 14 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                      8     8
Receiver Catching                 46    46
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       30    30
Defensive Awareness               45    45
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                     20    20
Defensive Break Blocks            10    10
Tackling                          40    40
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    99
Punt Length                       30    30
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    48    48


As an update, I just ran 16 games in franchise mode (one week's worth of games, so all teams were included), and here are the updated stats:

Rushing:
30.4 carries per game, the NFL average is 26. Per team/per game rushing average of 106 yds, the NFL average is 108 yds. Per carry average of 3.5, the NFL average is 4.1.

Passing:
An average of 18.8 completions per game (NFL average is 22), 31.1 attempts per game (NFL average is 36), a completion % of 60.4 (NFL average is 63%), 265.6 yds per game (NFL average is 241), 1.73 TDs per game/per team (NFL average is 1.8), 0.53 ints per game/per team (NFL average is 0.8) and 2.2 sacks per team/per game (NFL average is 2.3).

IMPORTANT: Head coach settings are 37% Pass / 63% Run and Aggressive 70 / Conservative 30... but should be 68 Pass / 32 Run and Aggressive 30 / Conservative 70 for fast-simmed non-watched games (and see penalty and script settings above in this thread)... also see here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... 10#p114378

I'm satisfied with those numbers and am not going to make any additional tweaks at this time in my franchise file. The settings do cause team's to run slightly more than the NFL average (and at a YPC slightly below), but that seemed to cause closer more competitive games, which I was happy to see. Because I think it is nearly impossible to get the Yards Per Attempt stat down in the game to the NFL average of 6.7, I think the only way to have realistic Passing Yards Per Game is to set the coaching Pass/Run percentage so that in the game each team does not through the ball quite as much as a real NFL game. So, like I said, I am going to continue on with these settings.

Thank you for the update, looking forward to trying it!

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:14 am

rambolz wrote: Thank you for the update, looking forward to trying it!


I ran another week's worth of games and have decided to make a couple tweaks... bump up Offensive Line Run Blocking to 34 and change Head Coach settings to 37% Pass / 63% Run (I had that at 35/65). That should bump up the YPC slightly and cause teams to pass a bit more than run.

User avatar
rambolz
All-Pro
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:59 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby rambolz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:43 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
rambolz wrote: Thank you for the update, looking forward to trying it!


I ran another week's worth of games and have decided to make a couple tweaks... bump up Offensive Line Run Blocking to 34 and change Head Coach settings to 37% Pass / 63% Run (I had that at 35/65). That should bump up the YPC slightly and cause teams to pass a bit more than run.

Sounds good :P

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1191
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Here's a recent game log where the Texans defense dominated for 3 quarters then the Jags came storming back in the 4th quarter. I'm seeing good/realistic stats all around right now with the exception of the passing yards still being a touch too high.

Code: Select all

Madden NFL 08 PC v0.0 Game Log - Jaguars at Texans
Game Time: Wed Nov 28 10:33:28 2018
Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 14 minute(s)

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                      8     8
Receiver Catching                 46    46
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       34    34
Defensive Awareness               45    45
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                     20    20
Defensive Break Blocks            10    10
Tackling                          40    40
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                99    99
Punt Length                       30    30
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    48    48

Weather
Forecast: Fair
Wind: 0 mph
Temp: 78 degrees

Team               Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT      FINAL
Jaguars             0    0    0   21    0         21
Texans              7    3    7    0    0         17

Game Statistics:                  Jaguars     Texans
First Downs                            15         17
Third Down Conversions                  4          8
Third Downs                            13         15
Third Down Percentage               30.8%      53.3%
Fourth Down Conversions                 2          0
Fourth Downs                            2          0
Fourth Down Percentage             100.0%       0.0%
Two Pt Conversions Made                 0          0
Two Pt Conversions Attempted            0          0
Two Pt Conversion Percentage         0.0%       0.0%
Offense Redzone Num                     2          0
Offense Redzone TDs                     2          0
Offense Redzone FGs                     0          0
Offense Redzone Percentage         100.0%       0.0%
Rushing Attempts                       21         35
Rushing Yards                          58        151
Rushing Average                       2.8        4.3
Rushing TDs                             0          1
Passing Yards                         246        237
Passing Completions                    21         18
Passing Attempts                       39         29
Completion Percentage               53.8%      62.1%
Passing Average                       6.3        8.2
Passing TDs                             3          1
Offensive Pass Interceptions            0          1
TOTAL OFFENSE                         304        388
Defensive Pass Interceptions            1          0
Punt Return Yards                       7          2
Kick Return Yards                      37         50
Punts                                   7          5
Punt Avg                             41.9       41.6
Fumbles                                 0          0
Fumbles Lost                            0          0
Penalties                               0          2
Penalty Yds                             0         10
Turnovers                               0          1
TIME OF POSSESSION                  26:41      29:10

Individual Stats: Texans
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Deshaun Watson                  18   29  240   62   8.2    1    1    1   43   85.4

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
D'onta Foreman                  18   77   4.2   14    0    0
T. J. Yeldon                    11   47   4.2   24    1    0
Deshaun Watson                   3   20   6.6   13    0    0
Tommy Bohanon                    3    7   2.3    4    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
DeAndre Hopkins                  3   93  31.0   43    0    0   21
NaDerris Holcombe                2   46  23.0   40    1    0    8
C. J. Fiedorowicz                4   38   9.5   13    0    0    9
Tommy Bohanon                    3   30  10.0   14    0    0   20
Kendall Wright                   4   20   5.0   12    0    0    5
Ernie Cumberland                 1    7   7.0    7    0    0    0
D'onta Foreman                   1    6   6.0    6    0    0    0

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Randy Bullock                    1    1  100          0    2    2  100          0        0          0
Matt Haack                       0    0    0          0    0    0    0          0        3          1

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Matt Haack                       5  208  41.5   44      0    1          1

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Darius Slay                      3   50  16.6    0   17
DeAndre Hopkins                  0    0   0.0    0    0

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
DeAndre Hopkins                  1    2   2.0    2    0
Darius Slay                      0    0   0.0    0    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Lavonte David                    7    2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           4        0         1        0
Darius Slay                      7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           2        0         4        0
Aaron Colvin                     7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           6        0         4        0
Ryan Shazier                     6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jerry Hughes                     5    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
J. J. Watt                       3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Damon Harrison                   2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
T. Y. McGill                     1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
NaDerris Holcombe                1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Allan Richards                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         3        0
Kam Chancellor                   1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Tyrone Crawford                  1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Jadeveon Clowney                 1    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Ryan Ramczyk                         4             0
Charles Clay                         3             0
Garett Bolles                        3             0
Tommy Bohanon                        2             0
Andy Levitre                         2             0
Hroniss Grasu                        2             1
D'onta Foreman                       1             0
C. J. Fiedorowicz                    1             0
DeAndre Hopkins                      1             0
Matt Brown                           1             0


Individual Stats: Jaguars
PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Brodie Butler                   21   39  250   53   6.4    1    3    0   81   99.3

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
DeShaun Taylor                  18   56   3.1   11    0    0
Lonnie Agnew                     1    1   1.0    1    0    0
Maxx Williams                    2    1   0.5    1    0    0

RECEIVING                      REC  YDS   AVG LONG   TD DROP  YAC
Dede Westbrook                   6  114  19.0   81    1    2   26
Sheldon Jenkins                  4   49  12.2   30    0    0    8
D.J. Chark Jr.                   4   35   8.7   15    0    0    4
Keelan Cole                      3   18   6.0    9    2    0    1
DeShaun Taylor                   1   10  10.0   10    0    1    3
Austin Sefran-Jenkin             1    9   9.0    9    0    0    3
Jacob Justice                    1    8   8.0    8    0    0    1
Maxx Williams                    1    7   7.0    7    0    0    2

KICKING                        FGM  FGA  PCT FGSBLOCKED  XPA  XPM  PCT XPSBLOCKED KICKOFFS TOUCHBACKS
Josh Lambo                       0    0    0          0    3    3  100          0        4          1

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Logan Cooke                      7  293  41.8   50      0    3          1

KICK RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG   TD LONG
Dede Westbrook                   2   37  18.5    0   20

PUNT RETURNS                   ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD
Dede Westbrook                   1    7   7.0    7    0

DEFENSE                        TOT LOSS SACK   FF FREC  YDS   TD  INT  RET   AVG DEFLECTIONS SAFETIES CTH ALLOW BIG HITS
Kwon Alexander                  10    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Telvin Smith                     7    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0
Myles Jack                       7    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         2        0
Steve Mayes                      6    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           3        0         2        0
Taven Bryan                      5    0    1    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Ronnie Harrison                  5    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         1        0
Jalen Ramsey                     3    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         3        0
Yannick Ngakoue                  3    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Keelan Cole                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Calais Campbell                  2    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
A. J. Bouye                      2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           1        0         0        0
Robert Fitzgerald                1    0    0    0    0    0    0    1   11  11.0           1        0         0        0
Trevor Riddle                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Malik Jackson                    1    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         0        0
Barry Gaither                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0   0.0           0        0         1        0

BLOCKING                      PANCAKES SACKS ALLOWED
Cam Robinson                         2             0
Brandon Linder                       2             0
Austin Sefran-Jenkin                 2             0
Orlando Brown                        1             0
Maxx Williams                        1             0
Braden Smith                         1             0
Danny Pittman                        1             0
Hunter Henry                         1             0


Game Log Ends
------------------------------------------------------------

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Passing stats look correct to me. The average Yards per Attempt (This is Passing Yards/Pass Attempts) so far in 2018 is 7.6 Y/A. Net Passing Yards (Passing Yards - Sack Yards/Passing Attempts + Sacks) is at 6.6 NY/A. Yards per Completion are at 11.6 Y/C. Passing Yards per game is at 247.8 Y/G.


Return to “Sliders and adjustments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest