Heres how to use a PS3 controller on Madden 08 PC

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm

updated as of 8-31-12

* Generic PS controller (only) setup & button image pack link
* Offline patch for the regular PS3 controller (to use MotionInJoy while disconnected from internet). Install the .0.6.0005 program below first.

for the initial set-up of a regular ps3 controller,

1. download Version 0.6.0005 (make sure by looking at file save name).
* "How can I tell if my computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?"
- if you dont have winrar, download it from here and install.
- double-click the motionjoy download, continue thru, JUST click on "extract to", continue thru, and it should eventually extract it to where ever you downloaded the original download file to. then click on the new install file.
2. plug in your ps3 controller with its usb cord. download any software needed automatically.
3. run the new motionjoy/ds3 tool program.
4. click on "driver manager" tab.
5. check the box next to "playstation controller", and then "load driver".
6. be patient and let it all install properly. then click on "install all". be patient again.
7. click on "profiles" tab at very top.
8. select "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" under "Select one mode:",
9. and then, right next to that, click on "options".
10. where you see dualshock 3 controller highlighted in dark pink, change that to xbox 360 controller.
11. hit save changes on that same screen.
12. go back to "profiles" (tab).
13 click "enable".
14. next, and also whenever you want to use your ps3 controller for madden in the future, if you havent unplugged your controller, make sure "xbox controller" is selected under "Select one mode:", and "enable", and then make sure that orange loading bar is finished loading @ "%100".
15. leave motioninjoy running, begin madden.
16. in the controller section in madden just switch "keyboard" to "xbox 360 controller" and you should be all set. reminder; always start the ds3 tool, properly, BEFORE starting madden, otherwise the controller will not show up.

* if you unplug your controller and want to use it again, plug in controller, "load driver", "install all", go back to "profiles" tab & "enable".

- TIP: if you click on the "options" tab and check the box next to "Placing it in system tray when click close button", itll help your game run smoother by safetly minimizing the ds3 tool program window.

as for madden controller configuration, you shouldnt have to change anything but i would make sure your resolution is at least 1080x720 (via madden system options) to help the controller deadzone act perfectly. if your right analog is off, go into xbox360 controller options and toggle the right stick x & y reverse option.

*if im missing anything on how to install motionjoy, ps3 controller driver, or winrar, ask your question in google search. there's a lot of instructions thru there. or you can see if i can help.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: Heres how to use a PS3 controller on Madden 08 PC

Postby ycleped » Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 pm

How do you use an Xbox 360 controller with Madden 08?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Fri May 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Simply plug it into your PC- the controller must be wired or have an adapter. Madden 08 recognizes 360 controllers.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 am

What if it is a mad catz gamepad? It tries to get me to install new hardware.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 am

Logitech make a controller(310) that looks just like the playstation controller ..it goes for around $30 or $40 ..Dual shock ..plug in and play everytime you open Madden it is there
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 pm

The F310 is twenty bucks at my local Best Buy. (Great gamepad if you play old PC games as well as new-gen ones.)
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:54 am

CaptainJ wrote:What if it is a mad catz gamepad? It tries to get me to install new hardware.

as for installing new hardware, i would go though with it. i think you should also download motioninjoy though. i would also connect that through the 360 controller option.

other than that, you could try looking on the net.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

quade1337
Rookie

Postby quade1337 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:17 pm

I am trying to remap the buttons because you need to remap the buttons to get the menus to work correctly.

I have having trouble getting the right stick left and right stick right to work. and L3 R3 buttons.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 pm

i dont have to remap the buttons. i think you are doing something wrong.

id say, plug in controller before running the ds3 tool. run ds3 & goto driver manager. "load driver". if u can click on game controller panel, click on properties, then move your left & right stick. if there is activity you should be ok. then go to profile tab, click on xbox controller, then options, then make sure "xbox controller" is selected. then go back to profile and click on enable.

if that doesnt work, go to driver manager, "install all", then "load driver", and then do everything above.

as for L3 & R3, i dont think that'll be possible.

quade1337
Rookie

Postby quade1337 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 am

R3 does fake snap. You should be able to program r3 and l3 buttons.

you have to remap buttons. by default button 1 on the Logitech dual action is the square button. with the default Xbox controller setup in motioninjoy button 1 is not square it is X. so the controllers have to be remapped. my right analog stick does not work left or right. only up and down.

Return to “Development”