Model / TMdl Editing

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Model / TMdl Editing

Postby mee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Could it be... the replay screen?!?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:28 pm

mee wrote:Could it be... the replay screen?!?

I think it's the small screen in the upper left corner next to the upper deck seats ;)
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:04 pm

arden05 wrote:
mee wrote:Could it be... the replay screen?!?

I think it's the small screen in the upper left corner next to the upper deck seats ;)

Yep.

Very interesting.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:12 pm

That is correct. There were 4 jumbotrons added to corners of the stadium. Although these replaced existing models, Im sure we will be able to add new model geometry to the stadiums.

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

StingRay68 wrote:That is correct. There were 4 jumbotrons added to corners of the stadium. Although these replaced existing models, Im sure we will be able to add new model geometry to the stadiums.

Wow :o Great work ;)
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

StingRay68 wrote:That is correct. There were 4 jumbotrons added to corners of the stadium. Although these replaced existing models, Im sure we will be able to add new model geometry to the stadiums.

How did you do this? It's awesome! MetLife Stadium has 2 jumbotrons in addition to the huge one.. :)
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

Great work!

My biggest question is whether or not you were able to add new data information to the tmdl, or were you limited to replacing existing data 1:1?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 am

The progress made in this thread is phenomenal. When it's all said and done I'll be making tons of stadiums with updated video boards and ribbon boards, if possible.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:53 am

I changed the material texture used (at the corners of the stadium) to jumbotron, also had to change the texture used with the models to jumbotron, and the newer area of the tmdl called 'Swap' which has something to do with software processing. Had to add those models to the same process that the other 2 jumbotrons were using. Some of this I added into the editor already, a couple things I did by hand with a hex editor.
I will update the editor code to handle all that, I just wanted to make sure it was going to work before I spent the time fixing the code.

I did not add new models to the stadium. I believe that can be done, but that is a lot more work to do for the model editor and a better mmap editor is going to be needed too.

As an example, if someone wanted to make neyland stadium, and wanted the seating sections in the stadium to have the white and orange checkerboard pattens. The model would have to be changed so that the sections that were to be white would have to be separated from the orange sections and each would have its own model. The mmap section would also have to be changed so that there were 2 crowd textures, people wearing mostly white colors and people wearing mostly orange. I'm not sure that is possible with the currently available mmap editors?

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 pm

StingRay68 wrote:I changed the material texture used (at the corners of the stadium) to jumbotron, also had to change the texture used with the models to jumbotron, and the newer area of the tmdl called 'Swap' which has something to do with software processing. Had to add those models to the same process that the other 2 jumbotrons were using. Some of this I added into the editor already, a couple things I did by hand with a hex editor.
I will update the editor code to handle all that, I just wanted to make sure it was going to work before I spent the time fixing the code.

I did not add new models to the stadium. I believe that can be done, but that is a lot more work to do for the model editor and a better mmap editor is going to be needed too.

As an example, if someone wanted to make neyland stadium, and wanted the seating sections in the stadium to have the white and orange checkerboard pattens. The model would have to be changed so that the sections that were to be white would have to be separated from the orange sections and each would have its own model. The mmap section would also have to be changed so that there were 2 crowd textures, people wearing mostly white colors and people wearing mostly orange. I'm not sure that is possible with the currently available mmap editors?

Wow :o This sounds like a HUGE breakthrough is on the horizon. What would this potentially mean for player models? Can some of the same methods used in stadium editing apply? Or is that a whole other issue/project? Thanks for everything you've done so far Sting ;)

Return to “Development”