Changing Player Progression

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Starting a new thread for this as it is a lot more complicated than the regression table.
Valvegas, here are some of the related tables/fields.
Most of this info covers Madden 05-08, 04 is different in that it doesnt have all of these tables.

Franchise :
Table "SCWE" - Progression schedule.
PPRD - Progression Period (limit 0 to 7)
SEWN - Week
PRAR - Progression Active (0 off, 1 on)
SEST - Week type (0 Regular, 9 Pre)

Table "PLAY" - Players
PCPH - Player Career Phase (0 young, 1 prime, 2 older)
PPGA - Current Progression Period Games Played (0-7)
PPSP - Progression Period Scoring
PLPL - Player performance level (I think this is based on other players of same position and career phase)

Both PPGA/PPSP are reset when a new progression period begins
Since PPGA is limited to 8, active progression periods shouldnt include more than 8 games.

Streameddata.db (in DATA0 of install dir) :
Table "PWRA" - Progression
PDRP - Player Drafted Position
PRGR - Rating Group
PLEV - Evaluation or Level?
The rest are player ratings adjustments

Tables beginning with "PT" - Progression scoring for all of the drafted position types
PSTP - Scoring total
PSTT - stat type
PRGR - Rating group (Madden 07-08)
PSIT - ??? (Madden 05-06)
PPRD - Progression Period (Madden 05-06)

Each drafted position type has its own PT table, with the exception of Table "PTKP" which is either some sort of combination of Kicker/Punter scoring or (doubtful) kick returner. These tables also do not include PRGR value of 4, so it may be a case of it using values listed for PRGR 3 or 5.
There are a few fields that are version specific, which is going to make it difficult to edit progression consistently across all versions.

Other possible related tables
DB Templates:
Table "TEPE"
PDRP - Drafted position
ggmp - games played
PRGR - Rating group
ggms - games started
ggdp - downs played

Table "TEMM"
PCPH - Player Career Phase
TRPM
TRTM
TETP
PRGR - Rating group

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Changing Player Progression

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:29 pm

player.jpg
player.jpg (220.14 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

I simmed week1 using madden08, pulling up QB Jason Campbells stats.
He is 82 OVR, had 144 yds passing and 1 TD, he also was a starter for this game.
The Progression xp or scoring is 18 points and that score was in the 99th percentile for QBs of career phase young.
Pos Rank is field "PLPL" in PLAY table

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:46 pm

prog.jpg
prog.jpg (198.32 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

Here I have started adding some of the tables to madden amp, in the bottom right under evaluation scoring is the PTQB table from streameddata
I have limited it to QB and the grouping of OVR 82-89

So we have 18 points that he got for the week. The actual scoring is going to be difficult to figure out as I cant find any reference as to what the stat types are. He only has a few stats to actually check for scoring.
A passing td could be 6 points, and that would be stat 0.
I'm assuming passing yards gives points, and if it is something like 20 yards = 1pt then he has 7 points for 144 yards
There are several options for 1 point in the table.
So he has a total of 13 from guessing what the progression might give.
There are also a couple of options to get the remaining 5 points, which would get us to the 18 total given in the player table.
It might be 5 points for a game started? Might also be scoring points for attempts/completions or something.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:56 pm

StingRay68 wrote:So we have 18 points that he got for the week. The actual scoring is going to be difficult to figure out as I cant find any reference as to what the stat types are. He only has a few stats to actually check for scoring.
A passing td could be 6 points, and that would be stat 0.
I'm assuming passing yards gives points, and if it is something like 20 yards = 1pt then he has 7 points for 144 yards
There are several options for 1 point in the table.
So he has a total of 13 from guessing what the progression might give.
There are also a couple of options to get the remaining 5 points, which would get us to the 18 total given in the player table.
It might be 5 points for a game started? Might also be scoring points for attempts/completions or something.
This is the only thing that is left to figure out...what these stat types are that are being calculated...once we know the stat types then it will all make sense...i will be back to working on it a little this week and through the weekend as well...been swamped at work with getting a new promotion and having an increased workload...I was actually considering making a post like this but though i should wait till i got all the info figured out...anyway hopefully we can get some more eyes on this now...thanks StingRay68

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:07 pm

This has been a hassle so far.
For one thing, madden does not delete preseason stats from the franchise file consistently.
I have verified this several times. After messing with this for quite some time this morning and thinking there was a bug somewhere in the madden amp code, I narrowed this down to the franchise file having duplicate entries in the season stats. This shouldn't be happening, and is probably something Im going to have to throw into some sort of weekly maintenance fix right after preseason is over.
It looks like the later entries for a given player would override any duplicates that exist earlier in the table, but I haven't tested that theory.

Anyway, I started looking at isolating the stat types for the progression totals. What I did was to zero out ALL the point totals (which again is the field PSTP in the PT tables in the steameddata.db)

Then edited the entries that are for Stat type I want to test for (PSTT) and set the following fields
PRGR 0 PSTP to 1
PRGR 1 PSTP to 2
PRGR 2 PSTP to 3
PRGR 3 PSTP to 4
PRGR 5 PSTP to 6
(again, there is no PRGR value of 4 so I skipped one so if there is a player that is in that range we can figure out which range it duplicates, I didnt see it in the QBs so far)

QB
Stat 0 = x Passing TDs
Stat 1 = per 20 rushing yds (anything over .50 rounds up)

HB
Stat 0 = x Rushing TDs

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:02 pm

If there are others that understand what we are posting about and want to help figure out what the stats are, let me know.
This is going to take some work to get all figured out as some of the stats aren't easily identified
(for instance, stat0 for Offensive line is team rushing TDs)

Return to “Development”