Madden 08 MasterEffect + ReShade

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi to all. As always, I'm here constantly, watching what happenings.. but don't have much time for anything more. Recently, I found this little addon for games. Must say that this is great, colors are amazing, sharpness.. everything is much better then original!
For more info, here is the explanation.
Spoiler:
What is MasterEffect:
The MasterEffect shadersuite is a huge shader library for ReShade, containing everything from simple image adjustments like color saturation, contrast and brightness to complex post processing effects which let today's triple A video game titles look they way they do, such as Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, Global Illumination, Bloom, Lens Flares and many more. No matter if you want to compensate monitor specific color differences or spice up old titles to a point where they put 5 years newer titles to shame, MasterEffect contains everything you can imagine and more.
Originally a small shader collection for the popular ENBSeries mod in an attempt to unify all different shader plugins available, MasterEffect quickly grew to the huge shader library it is today. Powered by ReShade, giving your game a graphical rejuvenating has never been so easy.

Unlike previous versions of sweetfx, MasterEffect is more optimized and it should work on the older pcs too.
How to use:
1. Download .zip file EFFECT
2. Extract it to the game .exe location(default: C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08)
3. When in the game you should be able to see text in the top left corner.. to enable/disable effects press Scroll Lock button.

Some examples:
Spoiler:
example00.png
example00.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 11389 times

example01.png
example01.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 11389 times

example02.png
example02.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 11389 times

Here is the link to the original site https://reshade.me/
They provide even newer(better) version. In the latest version you can tweak everything in the game by loading little window with shift+F2 but somehow it won't load in madden. Tested it on the other games and it works just fine.

btw. I would like to thanks everyone included in the FF/FI XVI mod on outstanding work, keep up great work guys! Thank you. Also, amazing work on the rookie portraits, RogerJinx.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 MasterEffect + ReShade

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Wow! this stuff is great. About the portraits, I just followed your tutorial with slight modifications.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:27 am

DarKommi wrote:...it won't load in madden. Tested it on the other games and it works just fine.

If it doesn't work, then how did you get those screenshots? I'd like to use this, but if it doesn't work... :(

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:46 am

JSamuel wrote:
DarKommi wrote:...it won't load in madden. Tested it on the other games and it works just fine.

If it doesn't work, then how did you get those screenshots? I'd like to use this, but if it doesn't work... :(

The one he linked to before the screens is the one that works, he simply gave a link to their website and pointed out that they have a newer version than what he linked, but it doesn't work.

On a sidenote, I tried it, it's a little strong for my tastes, and kind of distorts the colors and logos. I think this is great for like action/shooter games where there's not a lot of absolutes (specific colors, logos, etc.), but no so much here IMO

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Wow....Thanks for this!

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

i need more instructions :roll:

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Moved to Graphics and stickied!
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Sorry guys for not replying to this topic, I forgot about it totally.

IceyJFish wrote:i need more instructions :roll:

More instructions for what? It's simple tut with 3 steps:

DarKommi wrote:How to use:
2. Extract it to the game .exe location(default: C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08)
3. When in the game you should be able to see text in the top left corner.. to enable/disable effects press Scroll Lock button.

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Fri May 26, 2017 11:36 pm

DarKommi wrote:Sorry guys for not replying to this topic, I forgot about it totally.

IceyJFish wrote:i need more instructions :roll:

More instructions for what? It's simple tut with 3 steps:

DarKommi wrote:How to use:

i don't see a text on top left corner

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:12 am

I see the text, but player models and just models in general are not showing up.

Return to “Graphics”