Changing Player Regression

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm

OK fellow modders I have made a breakthrough into how and when players regress due to age...Took me a bit to remember where I had seen this before but I found it and remembered what to do so Here is the video I made to explain this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrkqnj8 ... e=youtu.be ...Please excuse the quality as I'm no professional at making tutorial videos and I didn't realize my mic was right next to my desk fan making some background noise :lol: Any questions please feel free to ask

EDIT: Also I am going to do a written guide when I get time...I will also be updating the definition file for the DB Editor soon with all the new fields and files that I have been learning...Thanks for the patience

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Changing Player Regression

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:06 am

This is huge.
Great work. Thank you for sharing your discoveries

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:17 am

valvegas1 wrote:EDIT: Also I am going to do a written guide when I get time...I will also be updating the definition file for the DB Editor soon with all the new fields and files that I have been learning...Thanks for the patience

Thanks, that would be great.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 am

valvegas1 wrote:EDIT: Also I am going to do a written guide when I get time...I will also be updating the definition file for the DB Editor soon with all the new fields and files that I have been learning...Thanks for the patience

Would you mind including just the new fields you've learned, alongside your definition file? I have my own version of the definition file, and I will update it with your entries, then possibly upload it to the forum.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:30 am

RevanFan wrote:

Would you mind including just the new fields you've learned, alongside your definition file? I have my own version of the definition file, and I will update it with your entries, then possibly upload it to the forum.

Certainly can...Here are the ones i've added so far...these all pertain to the files for progression and regression

Code: Select all

"PYRA","Player Regression"
"PWRA","Player Progression"
"PGAC","Acceleration"
"PGAG","Agility"
"PGSM","Stamina"
"PGIN","Injury"
"PGKP","Kick Power"
"PDRP","Position at Draft (0=QB,1=HB,2=FB,3=WR,4=TE,5=T,6=G,7=C,8=DE,9=DT,10=OLB,11=MLB,12=CB,13=FS,14=SS,15=K,16=P)"
"PYRP","Years Played"
"PGSP","Speed"
"PGTP","Throwing Power"
"PRGR","Rating Group (0=<50,1=50-59,2=60-69,3=70-79,4=80-89,5=90+)"
"PGST","Strength"
"PGJU","Jumping"
"ggmP","Games Played"
"ggmS","Games Started"
"ggdp","Points gained (For calculating progression)"
"PSTP","points gained for stats(for calculating progression)"
"PSTT","Stat Type"
"PGCA","Carry"
"PGKA","Kick Accuracy"
"PGSA","Stamina"
"PGTA","Throw Accuracy"
"PGPB","Pass Blocking"
"PGRB","Run Blocking"
"PPRD","Progression Round"
"PGTK","Tackling"
"PGKR","Kick Returning"
"PGBT","Break Tackle"
"PGCT","Catch"
"PGAW","Awareness"

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:30 am

Could you perhaps post your modified PYRA CSV? I'd love to try out your new regression in my franchise.

By the way, do you know anything about where progression can be found?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:28 am

RevanFan wrote:Could you perhaps post your modified PYRA CSV? I'd love to try out your new regression in my franchise.

I haven't actually went through and modded the whole thing yet...Once I figured out how to do it I decided to make the video...Now i'm just going through and doing one position at a time...So far I only have optimized the QB's

RevanFan wrote:By the way, do you know anything about where progression can be found?

Me and Stingray68 are working on that as we speak...It's a lot more complicated than regression so it might take some time to figure it all out...We are getting close though, we have a good idea of all the files and what the fields mean, we just have to figure out how it all relates and how it's calculated

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:09 pm

I was right about what the PRGR field does but I was wrong about how it groups players...I did some further research and now I know exactly what the groups are...0 = anyone over 90 overall...1= 89-82, 2 = 81-76, 3= 76-70, 4 = 69-60, 5 = Anyone under 59....i removed all regression from the game and one at a time I would set each group to take away 50% of a rating for every player regardless of yrs pro...then ran several years of franchises to figure out which players would regress...with a minimum sample of 100 players per group this is the ranges that I came up with...I was correct that it sorted by overall just had the grouping wrong initially but by doing a more thorough test I was able to pinpoint the groups...hope this helps

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:51 pm

Wow, this is groundbreaking! Nice work, guys!
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 am

RevanFan wrote:

Here is the replacement code for the PRGR field in defintions

Code: Select all

"PRGR","Player Rating Group (0 = 90+, 1 = 82-89, 2 = 76-81, 3 = 70-75, 4 = 69-60, 5 = 59 or lower)"

Return to “Development”