Converting Xbox TMdl

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Converting Xbox TMdl

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:28 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:Do the tmdl's look editable? I looked at how the people who mod FIFA do it since they've got arguably the largest sports on PC modding community. It looks like their containers are .rx3's and require blender plus a specially developed plug-in for import and export. Not sure their plugin will work with Madden but worth a shot.

The xbox tmdl's look essentially the same as the pc version. Of course they are editable, but my initial response on the first page of this thread still applies for other platforms as well.
The dat structures appear to be the same, at least for xbox (and possibly ps2). If I knew how to "unscramble" or display those bitmaps for the xbox, then
that would open up modding for that platform as well. The pc tools could be modified slightly to work with xbox.

If there was a way to gather all the active modders for other madden platforms and have them all work together towards a common goal it would probably help a lot. I'm not sure how realistic that scenario is though.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 am

StingRay68 wrote:If there was a way to gather all the active modders for other madden platforms and have them all work together towards a common goal it would probably help a lot. I'm not sure how realistic that scenario is though.

Do modding communities exist for xbox and ps2 Maddens?
For ages, I searched for roster updates for '05 and '09 original xbox and came up empty handed. I used several 2k5 rosters from operation sports and 2k5rosters.com, but I never found a single update for the maddens of that generation. I am good now with '08pc, but for curiousity's sake, do you know of any sites I could checkout?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:51 pm

StingRay68 wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:Do the tmdl's look editable? I looked at how the people who mod FIFA do it since they've got arguably the largest sports on PC modding community. It looks like their containers are .rx3's and require blender plus a specially developed plug-in for import and export. Not sure their plugin will work with Madden but worth a shot.

The xbox tmdl's look essentially the same as the pc version. Of course they are editable, but my initial response on the first page of this thread still applies for other platforms as well.
The dat structures appear to be the same, at least for xbox (and possibly ps2). If I knew how to "unscramble" or display those bitmaps for the xbox, then
that would open up modding for that platform as well. The pc tools could be modified slightly to work with xbox.

If there was a way to gather all the active modders for other madden platforms and have them all work together towards a common goal it would probably help a lot. I'm not sure how realistic that scenario is though.

Gotcha. From what I've gathered over the years, the sports games that EA Canada develops (FIFA, NHL, NBA Live pre-2011) seem to be more edit friendly. It could be because those are more "global" sports and thus attract more people who want to mod them.

I tried JD's playbook ripper and got the same results. I wonder if he would be willing to take a look at these files when the school year is over.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 am

1312qohelet wrote:Do modding communities exist for xbox and ps2 Maddens?

Im not sure about madden, but there are people on these forums discussing ncaa modding, and the dat structure is similar to madden.
I looked at ps2 ncaa awhile back, and a couple years ago I think someone asked me about psp madden as well.
Don't know of any modding sites for xbox/ps2 madden, but I haven't seriously searched for them either.

BelieverInTeal wrote:I tried JD's playbook ripper and got the same results. I wonder if he would be willing to take a look at these files when the school year is over.

It's not a problem with the compression so much as it is the way the bitmaps are being stored. Doesn't hurt to ask him.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:59 am

StingRay68 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Do modding communities exist for xbox and ps2 Maddens?

Im not sure about madden, but there are people on these forums discussing ncaa modding, and the dat structure is similar to madden.
I looked at ps2 ncaa awhile back, and a couple years ago I think someone asked me about psp madden as well.
Don't know of any modding sites for xbox/ps2 madden, but I haven't seriously searched for them either.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, there's a few guys here with a thread for modding ps2 and psp NCAA's. I have read through a little bit. I don't have any idea what they plan to accomplish, but some of what they post about seems pretty cool.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:08 pm

The same problems we have with xbox Madden stadiums also apply to xbox NCAA stadiums unfortunately. I could post one of those you guys to look at if interested.

I've checked the EA Graphics editor that's available on NLSC (NBA modding community). It doesn't seem to be useful for what we're trying to do.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:13 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:The same problems we have with xbox Madden stadiums also apply to xbox NCAA stadiums unfortunately. I could post one of those you guys to look at if interested.

I've checked the EA Graphics editor that's available on NLSC (NBA modding community). It doesn't seem to be useful for what we're trying to do.

It can open viv and big.
Where do we see any of these files?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 pm

mee wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:The same problems we have with xbox Madden stadiums also apply to xbox NCAA stadiums unfortunately. I could post one of those you guys to look at if interested.

It can open viv and big.
Where do we see any of these files?

Based on what the people on the ps2 ncaa thread are saying, viv and big are EA Canada files.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:Based on what the people on the ps2 ncaa thread are saying, viv and big are EA Canada files.

Yup. The EA Canada equivalent of a dat file.
fsh is the equivalent of a MMAP.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:38 pm

mee wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:Based on what the people on the ps2 ncaa thread are saying, viv and big are EA Canada files.

Yup. The EA Canada equivalent of a dat file.
fsh is the equivalent of a MMAP.

Right. Still though, I wonder if there are any similarities between that and what we're doing.

Return to “Development”