Player Models...

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
aidub
Rookie

Re: Player Models...

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 pm

mee wrote:Ok. The model will probably have 7 parts.
Shoe, Jersey, Shoulder, Hip, Thigh, Helmet.
I am going to poke through PLADATA.dat now and report back.
UPDATE: Files 49-52 (cold 3d Ref) 45-48 (warm 3d Ref) 56 (cold officials clothes) 55 (warm officials clothes)-hsfpc
OK file I tried 57 was an MMAP with the numbers 82 then 58 then 32 then 57 then 36
DEX called it a refnum1 refnum2 refnum3 refnum4 refnum5
If you want to download 57 https://mega.co.nz/#!ScZwDQ4S!mXS9xPuzA ... fAsbOaeqJc

FILE 58
Same as 57 but the numbers were 74 57 58 23 43
FILE 42
Really Strange file so downloadto understand.
FILE 2
Definitely part of the model of someone. https://mega.co.nz/#!LEJRSb5Q!2BCaxmkeV ... xR8hSiHzKc CHECK IT OUT!!!
FILE 3
Same as File 2 https://mega.co.nz/#!LFZA3QbR!cadhv8FY6 ... hsXJUF3LBQ
File 67

And two of this the second one says $teams$2 instead of $teams$

Perfect start! So what format are the 3D parts in? Any way to extract them so we can potentially open in a 3D program?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 4:39 pm

aidub wrote:Perfect start! So what format are the 3D parts in? Any way to extract them so we can potentially open in a 3D program?

TMdl. The answer as of now is no You can try 3Ds max tho.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm

mee wrote:
aidub wrote:Perfect start! So what format are the 3D parts in? Any way to extract them so we can potentially open in a 3D program?

TMdl. The answer as of now is no You can try 3Ds max tho.

So as of now, if I gave you a model of let's say a shoe, could you get it in there?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 5:02 pm

aidub wrote:So as of now, if I gave you a model of let's say a shoe, could you get it in there?

No. Do you have 3ds Max? Sly(b4 he got banned and he isn't creditable) said an ea tech told him they used 3Ds max, Maya and XSI. And of course Photoshop. I APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING HIS NAME AND I CANT FIND POST
Maybe 3Ds max can open file 2 or 3 I posted above.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 07, 2015 5:07 pm

mee wrote:
aidub wrote:So as of now, if I gave you a model of let's say a shoe, could you get it in there?

No. Do you have 3ds Max? Sly(b4 he got banned and he isn't creditable) said an ea tech told him they used 3Ds max, Maya and XSI. And of course Photoshop.
Maybe 3Ds max can open file 2 or 3 I posted above.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anything he says, but I guess there's no hurt in trying 3ds Max.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 5:28 pm

I don't have 3DMax however after checking what formats it can open or import, .uni files is not one of them unfortunately. Furthermore, there's not much information on the web about these files. The only program that can apparently open .uni files that I've found is called MikMod. I'm trying that currently. Maybe I can export from there.

EDIT: Upon further investigation into MikMod, it appears to be just a sound program and likely has nothing to do with the file you posted.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 5:31 pm

aidub wrote:I don't have 3DMax however after checking what formats it can open or import, .uni files is not one of them unfortunately. Furthermore, there's not much information on the web about these files. The only program that can apparently open .uni files that I've found is called MikMod. I'm trying that currently. Maybe I can export from there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Its named 3un.uni but its a TMdl FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 5:35 pm

mee wrote:
aidub wrote:I don't have 3DMax however after checking what formats it can open or import, .uni files is not one of them unfortunately. Furthermore, there's not much information on the web about these files. The only program that can apparently open .uni files that I've found is called MikMod. I'm trying that currently. Maybe I can export from there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Its named 3un.uni but its a TMdl FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha, can you tell I'm a newb at this? That's why I stick to modeling and graphic design ;)... I'll give it another go with TMdl.

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Quick question... Are TMdl files by chance similar or related to TMD files?

BTW, found this program called Hex2Obj. Not sure if it's of any use here as I don't know enough about this stuff to know but below is a link to download it if you want to give it a shot:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 6:27 pm

aidub wrote:Quick question... Are TMdl files by chance similar or related to TMD files?

BTW, found this program called Hex2Obj. Not sure if it's of any use here as I don't know enough about this stuff to know but below is a link to download it if you want to give it a shot:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894

Well I can't download it without being sent to random websites.
TMD? Well ya never know

Return to “Development”