Player Models...

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
aidub
Rookie

Re: Player Models...

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 6:34 pm

mee wrote:
aidub wrote:Quick question... Are TMdl files by chance similar or related to TMD files?

BTW, found this program called Hex2Obj. Not sure if it's of any use here as I don't know enough about this stuff to know but below is a link to download it if you want to give it a shot:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894

Well I can't download it without being sent to random websites.
TMD? Well ya never know

Here is a directlink to the download: https://mega.co.nz/#!ioQUSbBQ!qeGpqv0Mm ... R7lA3ArzTI

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 pm

well it couldn't open it.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Fri May 08, 2015 11:02 am

mee wrote:well it couldn't open it.

Well crap... I'll try to see if I can find a way to open these files today in a 3D program.

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Fri May 08, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm still not getting anywhere unfortunately... On the plus side, I'm getting further on the model ;) Hopefully we'll have a chance to actually see it in the game.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat May 09, 2015 9:31 pm

aidub wrote:I'm still not getting anywhere unfortunately... On the plus side, I'm getting further on the model ;) Hopefully we'll have a chance to actually see it in the game.

Just a note.... Did you start with a flat torso that goes into the uni files?
Also read viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16771
So the Giants traded Beckham....

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 pm

mee wrote:
aidub wrote:I'm still not getting anywhere unfortunately... On the plus side, I'm getting further on the model ;) Hopefully we'll have a chance to actually see it in the game.

Just a note.... Did you start with a flat torso that goes into the uni files?
Also read viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16771

With a new player model, we might have to use a completely new texture template, because the mapping might not be the same. In fact, the mapping SHOULDN'T be the same.

This would be a good way to fix some warping at the same time as making new models, if anybody knows what they're doing with regards to texture mapping.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

cbsoldier24
Rookie

Postby cbsoldier24 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:02 pm

Bumping. Has anyone gone any further with this?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:48 pm

cbsoldier24 wrote:Bumping. Has anyone gone any further with this?

We figured out that the PLADATA.dat was where the player models were stored, that's how far we got. I'd love to incorporate this into the FFXVI Mod, but we can't find a program that will change the models.

cbsoldier24
Rookie

Postby cbsoldier24 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:25 am

Hmm, I see. I will do research on my own as well. This would be nothing short of amazing we could pull this off.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 am

so ive been working on modding a different game im still very new to any type of mods. But i did come upon this site which they have taken the game models from ps2 and xbox 360 wrestling games. Im sure some of the tutorials or resources they have could be used to figure this out ? idk anyways heres the link http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reun ... m/3351410/ also this is a large collection of models from other games that have been ripped from systems and pc games. but there seems like it could also be used as another sort of information to work with. hope this all helps even alittle bit.

"I Bleed Blue"

Return to “Development”