Player Models...

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
aidub
Rookie

Re: Player Models...

Postby aidub » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:32 am

mee wrote:O so you didn't import the body model(which is going to me a file in PLADATA.dat) you imported the whole PLADAT.dat.
There are 385 files in PLADATA and taking an entire PLADATA from an old game isn't the greatest way. What we should do is figure out which ones are which and import the elbow pad or the body model.

Well let's get crackin! :D... I'd like to know what the current player models poly counts are.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:02 am

Oh and by the way, when you change the PLADATA.dat to the name UNIFORMS.dat, you get all the uniforms. That's because elguapo discovered that is where the uniforms are stored. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17363

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many parts are there for the entire model? i.e. arms, legs, head, helmet, etc.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:31 pm

aidub wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many parts are there for the entire model? i.e. arms, legs, head, helmet, etc.

Well the only way to find out is to find them all....
So the Giants traded Beckham....

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Oh and by the way, when you change the PLADATA.dat to the name UNIFORMS.dat, you get all the uniforms. That's because elguapo discovered that is where the uniforms are stored. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17363

Wish I could take credit of where the uniforms were in Madden 2004 but someone in here mentioned in which DAT file the uniforms were. (They just never mentioned exactly where they were.).

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Wed May 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Well I've been working on modeling a new player model. I'm still hoping someone will give it a shot to try to figure out how we can import new models for the players. Hopefully this render will motivate someone. Right now I've just got the jersey far enough to do texturing which is also still a work in progress (need to finish the sleeves and back of the Jersey.)

What say everyone? The model will be ready for sure. Just need someone to get it in the game :)

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 pm

aidub wrote:Well I've been working on modeling a new player model. I'm still hoping someone will give it a shot to try to figure out how we can import new models for the players. Hopefully this render will motivate someone. Right now I've just got the jersey far enough to do texturing which is also still a work in progress (need to finish the sleeves and back of the Jersey.)

What say everyone? The model will be ready for sure. Just need someone to get it in the game :)

I am not sure what format the file will be in. Its properly going to be TMdl so I am not sure if you file will be work.

deathcrow89
All-Pro

Postby deathcrow89 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:29 pm

aidub wrote:Well I've been working on modeling a new player model. I'm still hoping someone will give it a shot to try to figure out how we can import new models for the players. Hopefully this render will motivate someone. Right now I've just got the jersey far enough to do texturing which is also still a work in progress (need to finish the sleeves and back of the Jersey.)

kind of reminds me of ESPN 2k5 models

"I Bleed Blue"

aidub
Rookie

Postby aidub » Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 am

mee wrote:

I am not sure what format the file will be in. Its properly going to be TMdl so I am not sure if you file will be work.

I'm modeling this in Blender however I'm sure, once finished, it can be converted to TMdl format. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though ;)

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu May 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Ok. The model will probably have 7 parts.
Shoe, Jersey, Shoulder, Hip, Thigh, Helmet.
I am going to poke through PLADATA.dat now and report back.
UPDATE: Files 49-52 (cold 3d Ref) 45-48 (warm 3d Ref) 56 (cold officials clothes) 55 (warm officials clothes)-hsfpc
OK file I tried 57 was an MMAP with the numbers 82 then 58 then 32 then 57 then 36
DEX called it a refnum1 refnum2 refnum3 refnum4 refnum5
If you want to download 57 https://mega.co.nz/#!ScZwDQ4S!mXS9xPuzA ... fAsbOaeqJc

FILE 58
Same as 57 but the numbers were 74 57 58 23 43
FILE 42
Really Strange file so downloadto understand.
FILE 2
Definitely part of the model of someone. https://mega.co.nz/#!LEJRSb5Q!2BCaxmkeV ... xR8hSiHzKc CHECK IT OUT!!!
FILE 3
Same as File 2 https://mega.co.nz/#!LFZA3QbR!cadhv8FY6 ... hsXJUF3LBQ
File 67

And two of this the second one says $teams$2 instead of $teams$

Return to “Development”