How to change when players retire

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
Raston
MVP

Re: How to change when players retire

Postby Raston » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Something I've noticed when playing around with the figures is sometimes in simulations you might see 2 or 3 players with career ending injuries. That came as a surprise since I rarely see that type of injury in a season. Thanks Valvegas that article was helpful. So, in fact the original figures in the PLRP aren't too far off going by what it says.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 pm

This is an interesting find. I'm interested in when players retire earlier than they normally do. For example, a 72 OVR linebacker will retire at around 32/33 years old. Players who are in the 60s OVR are almost guaranteed to retire earlier, at least as far as I've seen. I wonder how this is quantified into the coding.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:47 am

Danchat wrote:This is an interesting find. I'm interested in when players retire earlier than they normally do. For example, a 72 OVR linebacker will retire at around 32/33 years old. Players who are in the 60s OVR are almost guaranteed to retire earlier, at least as far as I've seen. I wonder how this is quantified into the coding.

i dont see anything yet that has anything to do with early retirement as you are thinking...however, i see guys of lower rating being automatically put in the retirement field due to madden "cleaning out" the free agent pool when it gets too large

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon May 18, 2015 12:53 pm

valvegas1 wrote:
Danchat wrote:This is an interesting find. I'm interested in when players retire earlier than they normally do. For example, a 72 OVR linebacker will retire at around 32/33 years old. Players who are in the 60s OVR are almost guaranteed to retire earlier, at least as far as I've seen. I wonder how this is quantified into the coding.

i dont see anything yet that has anything to do with early retirement as you are thinking...however, i see guys of lower rating being automatically put in the retirement field due to madden "cleaning out" the free agent pool when it gets too large

Yeah, that happens too. But I'm also sure of less talented players retiring early. I can show you screenshots if you want.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 pm

Danchat wrote:
valvegas1 wrote:

Yeah, that happens too. But I'm also sure of less talented players retiring early. I can show you screenshots if you want.

I've noticed something with two offensive lineman who share everything about them except for ratings. The guy in the 60 OVR range retired around 32-33, and the guy who was a 99 retired at 38. Ratings do make a difference in retirement age.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Do I need to start new franchise after changing those values or I can continue playing previous one?

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 pm

DarKommi_11 wrote:Do I need to start new franchise after changing those values or I can continue playing previous one?

Thankfully it's not necessary to start a new franchise. Any changes will take affect beginning with the next offseason.
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:12 pm

jedi4hire wrote:
DarKommi_11 wrote:Do I need to start new franchise after changing those values or I can continue playing previous one?

Thankfully it's not necessary to start a new franchise. Any changes will take affect beginning with the next offseason.

Great! Thanks for quick answer..

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 pm

So I'm working on my high school football mod. If I made it so all players retire at 26 or 27, could your forsee any issues with not having enough players to fill out rosters? I worry that my team rosters would be depleted rapidly and there wouldnt be enough players in the draft to fill all the openings.

I also played around with another editor that made it so there wasnt a minimum number of players required for each position, but that caused some kind of problem as well... it would be a fun way to play a high school dynasty with these two features working in tandem. any thoughts?
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 pm

Well....The draft class will bring in 224 or so players.... So if there are more then 224 seniors then yes there can be an issue....
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Development”