Definition File Update

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Re: Definition File Update

Postby slydways » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Is this what you mean NICK?

"UCHL","Uni Custom Helmet Logo" controls decal 0

"UCHL" "Uniform Custom Helmet Logo"
0= no logo
1= EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,EA (for names)
2= EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,A3 (for symbols)

Read more: (link removed)uEx

Sponsor

Sponsor

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:38 pm

NICK wrote:One of those settings also will put a decal on the side of the helmet ..... may have to try a different number setting like maybe 3 or something ....... when I found those settings years ago I was trying to see if there was a setting to put player numbers on the side of the helmet like some old teams from the 60's and like what EA had incorporated into the NCAA game of the same time period ...... ran out of patience. I still think there is a secret setting in there for that .... it may be a certain entry into one category or it could be a couple of settings in the right combination of categories, but I never did find it. I did find the setting to put a decal on the helmet though .... tried it out to see if there was warping with a helmet decal like there is with applying the logo directly to the helmet. The area of the decal was way to small for any given pro decal.

Maybe you could move the back or front helmet numbers to the side....and make them larger...like Alabama has. Maybe a hex edit of the DB TEMPLATES 12 file? Then the numbers would automatically change on the side of the helmet...just like the jersey numbers do.

This is the only acronym from DB12 that I have not figured out...
UFAD (Uniform Front Additional Decal?)...shows all "0" for all teams ( just guessing)

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm

slydways wrote:Is this what you mean NICK?

"UCHL","Uni Custom Helmet Logo" controls decal 0

"UCHL" "Uniform Custom Helmet Logo"
0= no logo
1= EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,EA (for names)
2= EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,A3 (for symbols)

Read more: (link removed)

That is probably it, once that is turned on, you can put a custom logo in its place ...... works off of the decal0 or decal1 slot in the uniform.
JOHN 3:16

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:49 pm

slydways wrote:
NICK wrote:One of those settings also will put a decal on the side of the helmet ..... may have to try a different number setting like maybe 3 or something ....... when I found those settings years ago I was trying to see if there was a setting to put player numbers on the side of the helmet like some old teams from the 60's and like what EA had incorporated into the NCAA game of the same time period ...... ran out of patience. I still think there is a secret setting in there for that .... it may be a certain entry into one category or it could be a couple of settings in the right combination of categories, but I never did find it. I did find the setting to put a decal on the helmet though .... tried it out to see if there was warping with a helmet decal like there is with applying the logo directly to the helmet. The area of the decal was way to small for any given pro decal.

Maybe you could move the back or front helmet numbers to the side....and make them larger...like Alabama has. Maybe a hex edit of the DB TEMPLATES 12 file? Then the numbers would automatically change on the side of the helmet...just like the jersey numbers do.

I'm sure somewhere there is a file maybe like a tmdl file with mathematical values that position the decal box in various places. What you see in those tables is set in stone though as far as placement. I always thought that there was a data setting somewhere that put the helmet number on the side or a combination of settings ..... like maybe a 3 in the rear helmet number setting and a 1 in the front helmet number setting and then something in the helmet decal setting .... something like that. I can't imagine them having different settings for front and back and not having settings for the side such as the NCAA game has. Course they overlooked putting a decal on the shoulder so then again maybe they just overlooked it.
JOHN 3:16

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Corrected my "Reebok logo"...turns out it is NOT UHFI.....but Decal 2..
(link removed)

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Here is the explanation for UHFI...(Uniform Helmet Filter)

(link removed)

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 am

slydways wrote:

That's what I've thought, too. I just don't have the patience to sit here and spend hours trying to find the bits that control this.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:58 pm

More definitions tested...(default roster)

Roster...Teams...
TSID
TGID
TOID
TORD
TDRL

Tested to see if any... or which ones control either the...

Roster Management Screen
Team Select Screen ( Exhibition Games)

Switched values between Chicago (1) and Cincinnati (2)...one at a time...to see what changes.
TSID - Team Select ID -changed order in the "Team Selection" screen
TGID - changed order in the "Team Selection" screen ( but should not be used for this).
TOID - nothing changed in either screen ( Team Original ID)
TORD - Team Order - changed order in the "Roster Management Screen" from Chicago first to Cincinnati first. So this controls the order here.
TDRI - nothing changed in either screen

Not sure what TOID or TDRI controls...but they seem to have no effect on these two screens.

BTW...in TGID or TSID..."1" is the first away team..."10" is the first home team.

[WARNING - IF YOU CHANGE TGID in THIS SECTION...YOU MUST ALSO CHANGE THOSE VALUES IN EVERY OTHER PLACE THAT TGID OCCURS...OR YOUR UNIFORMS AND PLAYERS MAY NOT BE LINKED...AND OTHER VALUES OF OTHER COLUMNS THAT MAY BE LINKED TO TGID MAY ALSO BE AFFECTED.]

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

My notes show TDRI=Team Division Rival, which only effects the schedule screen (a logo for a rivalry game), possibly the team newspaper article(s), and at one point I recall a record being kept regarding wins in rivalry games, but that doesn't seem present in '08, IRRC

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:24 am

Anyone know what the PICO table in db_templates is used for? It has a bunch of retired players which are probably from the original Madden 08.

Return to “Development”