Definition File Update

Technical discussion of development of third-party apps.
StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Definition File Update

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 am

yes, it does work, but takes forever to load some sections. I just left it load while I watched the games yesterday and came back to it later.
I might have to do as you suggested and install a small xp partition for my system to use some of this stuff.

Sponsor

Sponsor

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm

StingRay68 wrote:yes, it does work, but takes forever to load some sections. I just left it load while I watched the games yesterday and came back to it later.
I might have to do as you suggested and install a small xp partition for my system to use some of this stuff.

Don't know if this is any help but I have a laptop which runs windows 7 starter, and is capable of running all apps without a hitch, but the same is not true for my PC which runs windows 7 home premiun.
Green Bay Packers, Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... =2&t=14773
Heisman 14 Add-on Team
AGL MOD: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15644

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:33 am

You can try running in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3 and always run as administrator...i do those two thing and it seems to run flawlessly for me

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:06 am

DB FIELD ART (with created stadiums defaults)

In STAD tables...these columns...

SFTY Field type
0= Natural Grass (default)
1= Artificial Turf
2= Deceivers
3= Atlantis
4= Dummy
5= Glacier
6= Grassy Turf

SP 24 Endzone Background
0=Black (default)
1=Primary Color
2=Secondary Color
3=None

The Midfield Logo and Endzone Art in Created Teams is found in the DAT files in the Madden documents folder in the "CustomArt" folder. There are no "SP 22" or any other columns in the STAD tables to change this. If you can't edit these in the game , you have to manually edit the DAT files in a Hex Editor.

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 am

Does anyone know what the following fields are?
Roster
TEAM table

TCTX
TUAW
TVQS
TGRP
TCRP
TFTL
TPSL

Thanks
Green Bay Packers, Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... =2&t=14773
Heisman 14 Add-on Team
AGL MOD: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15644

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

If you guys go to the Madden Amp source code. http://maddenamp.sourceforge.net/#Source

and look at the source code, https://svn.code.sf.net/p/maddenamp/code/trunk/, you will find alot of definitions of the fields.

Records: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/maddenamp/code/trunk/MaddenEditor/Core/Record/

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Does anyone know where the injury names and types are?

I've searched high and low in every file and have never found them.

I remember finding a page on FF where JD found and edited them, but no explication was given as to how.. And they're in the editor for users to edit. Obviously the info is *somewhere*!!

SBranch90
Rookie

Postby SBranch90 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 am

so I found a value for players but don't have a clue what it REALLY does.

PLPL in the .FRA, and SPG/SPR files is a value that changes every game week.

It appears to start at 0 week 1 for all players in a FRA then after week 1 it will fluctuate between 0-99 and every week changing.

Now the changes appear to be somewhat performance based, or should say stat based as players with higher stat totals seem to get a higher "PLPL" rating.

I tested to see if it was just a rating to determine player progression and that is not the case.

I tested in game to see if it altered player performance, sort of like a player catching on fire in Blitz, which would be annoying to have happen in leagues as the players I noticed that had the highest ratings in this category were not always playing the stiffest competition which would give them an edge which they only earned by having a game with good stats against a weaker opponent.

The performance is hard to tell as I could not really get a beat on since plays can happen anytime and you just never know if its just a coincidence or an effect of altering a rating.

This isn't like speed or anything so its probably not as measurable on the field until you look at the stat box.

I do know that in my league I have a rookie RB that is pretty average and I had a couple good games with him and he is 99 "PLPL" and it seems like he has a little beast mode.

I will do more testing to see if it affects contract demands or trade value.

Am curious if anyone else has noticed this and tested it.

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:47 am

Some of you may already know this...however I could not find this one yet in a search of the forums...just found it...UHFI

Uniform Definitions (DB Editor #12) under UNIF..

."UHFI" (Uniform Hip Front Insignia)( Reebok Insignia)( Players right front)
"0" = no decal
"1" = decal

logo_rbk.png
logo_rbk.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 8696 times

[ EDIT : That was wrong...turns out Decal2 has that Reebok logo painted in...]

Decal2.png
Decal2.png (2.27 KiB) Viewed 8667 times

For a complete list of acronyms for DB#12 UNIF...go here...
(link removed)

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm

One of those settings also will put a decal on the side of the helmet ..... may have to try a different number setting like maybe 3 or something ....... when I found those settings years ago I was trying to see if there was a setting to put player numbers on the side of the helmet like some old teams from the 60's and like what EA had incorporated into the NCAA game of the same time period ...... ran out of patience. I still think there is a secret setting in there for that .... it may be a certain entry into one category or it could be a couple of settings in the right combination of categories, but I never did find it. I did find the setting to put a decal on the helmet though .... tried it out to see if there was warping with a helmet decal like there is with applying the logo directly to the helmet. The area of the decal was way to small for any given pro decal.
JOHN 3:16

Return to “Development”