How to add custom playbook as stock playbook

Mr.FourthQuarter
Rookie

Re: How to add custom playbook as stock playbook

Postby Mr.FourthQuarter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Administrator wrote:Change names of stock playbook plays (courtesy of various posted contributions)

1. Open DB_TEMPLATES.dat with the Dat File Replacer Tool.
2. Extract file #12 (DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00012.copy001).
3. Open the extracted file with the DB Editor Tool.
4. Click "PLAB-Playbooks" located in the first column.
5. Find the playbook in question, right-click it, select "edit value in selected row".
6. For "Column to edit" select BNAM. The existing value should display.
7. Enter the new playbook name desired. Repeat as needed for each PB you want to rename; note that if you choose another record, you will have to do the pulldown and select BNAM even though it's already displayed in the window.
8. Open DB_TEMPLATES.dat with the Dat File Replacer Tool, Click on File #12.
9. Click "Select Replacement File", navigate to your updated DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00012.copy001.
10. Click "REPLACE SELECTED" file With the Replacement File. Save the DB_Templates.dat. It should be placed in your documents under Madden NFL 08.

help i can't save the gamedata it frezzes but before that there is an error and i click continue then it freezes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Are you saving it as a new dat file in the Madden documents folder? If you try to save the original (in the Programs folder), it'll fail.

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Arent playbooks custom already attached to a profile during franchise play anyway?

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Do I need to compress the saved playbook before I insert it in the .dat file? Because all the other playbooks in the file are compressed.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:31 pm

No. As long as you make sure to check that the "Is file compressed" check box is marked correctly (I cant remember if it's checked or file compression or checked for non-file compression).

JD

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi guys,
I am able to play with my custom playbook with this method, but I have a pause menu problem when I edit my GAMEDATA

I'm having this issue with my ps2 controller and usb keyboard posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15517&p=47888#p47888

after adding the custom playbook. I've tried different versions of the datfilereplacer and no luck. I've also tried ps2 different controllers. The controller and keyboard works for about the first few minutes of the game, then the pause button stops working. So I cant go to the pause menu at all with either the ps2 controller or the keyboard. If I save the game at that time, and reenter the save game the problem still shows. But if I change the GAMEDATA file to the vanilla file, which I put in the documents folder of madden, the issue leaves permanently.

Anyone else having this issue?
If the only changing variable in what works and what doesn't is the modified GAMEDATA file with my custom playbook, then it must be the addition of the custom playbook in the GAMEDATA file that is what is causing this. Because without the custom playbook modification everything works just fine without any issues with the ps2 controller or the keyboard, or the pause menu.

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:25 pm

So if I had to sum up what my problem is with this method of adding custom playbooks is, is that the pause menu gets disabled after 5 minutes of gameplay.

My other keyboard that is connected via a ps2 connection (not playstation2), also cannot access the pause menu via ESC.

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 pm

OK so heres the latest.

If I edit my GAMEDATA I get the not be able to pause issue ONLY if I am currently using my custom playbook I added. If I use any other playbook with my edited GAMEDATA, the game works fine. Anyone else?

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 pm

I even tried switching the playbook my custom playbook replaces, and when I use the modiefied GAMEDATA file and play with my custom playbook, I still get the no pause menu issue.

pditty8811
Rookie

Postby pditty8811 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 pm

OK, so I've narrowed it down further. It is actually my custom playbook that is the problem. Because I tried another custom playbook and it worked fine. So the game doesn't like when I use that custom playbook for some reason, only when it is placed in a GAMEDATA file

Return to “Plays and playbooks”