How to add custom playbook as stock playbook

Jack Dawson
Rookie

Re: How to add custom playbook as stock playbook

Postby Jack Dawson » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:28 am

Administrator wrote:Instructions to swap a custom playbook in. Courtesy of member Littleware:

1. Navigate to your Madden08\data0 folder and make a copy of gamedata.dat. That way, if you mess up your very crucial gamedata.dat file or want to come back to a clean gamedata.dat, you're safe.

2. Open the Madden datfile replacer program.

3. Select gamedata.dat (in Madden08\data0) as the dat file you want to edit.

4. Select the custom playbook file you want to insert.

5. Select a default playbook you want to replace. Those playbooks are 1-38 for defense PB (alphabetically by team name not city) or file 41-79 for offense PB (alphabetically by team name not city). Let's say you replace the "Trick Plays" PB with your custom PB - that would be file 79.

6. Click the "replace selected files with the following file" button.

7. In the File menu, click "save playbook." Your playbook is safely inserted.

8. Always place edited dat files in the "My Documents\Madden NFL 08" folder. (this tip courtesy of dawg317)

9. (if playing an online game) Now - and here's the important step - email that same gamedata.dat file to the person you're going to play with. They need to use the exact same one, or the game will crash.

10. Start your IP-IP spawn game, and select "Trick Plays" for your playbook.

Hi
I need a favor
Where I can download this software(Madden datfile replacer program)?
Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

PanthersFTW
Rookie

Postby PanthersFTW » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Can Somebody show me how to do it on a mac computer and also I need help installing updates.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Jack Dawson, go to the Wiki page (bottom of Main Index Page) to download the DFR app and any others you may want to explore using.

To play custom playbook vs. custom playbook in exhibition or franchise you must import the custom playbook(s) into the gamedata, then go into NZA app, load the roster, and assign the imported playbooks to any team(s) and the coaches you wish. Now in Madden no need to select the custom books (except if you imported a book into one of the generic book spots!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 am

Thanks for the OP, Littleware, been wanting to find out how to get every team to use custom playbooks throughout the season.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:48 am

Just wanted to mention a few things to help others with this.

I can confirm this all worked, all pbos uncompressed. And even though the NAME of the playbook is still the same, i.e. "CAR - R. Rivera", the custom pbo is what does indeed show up in-game.

Also, very important detail if you're using this, the offensive playbooks are not entirely alphabetical by team name. They are in the order in which they appear in NZA Editor; the Vikings are second to last, and the Texans are last:

Offensive Playbook File # (GAMEDATA.dat)

Code: Select all

41  CHI      57  JAX
42  CIN      58  NYJ
43  BUF      59  DET
44  DEN      60  GB
45  CLE      61  CAR
46  TB       62  NE
47  AZ       63  OAK
48  SD       64  LA/STL
49  KC       65  BAL
50  IND      66  WAS
51  DAL      67  NO
52  MIA      68  SEA
53  PHI      69  PIT
54  ATL      70  TEN
55  SF       71  MIN
56  NYG      72  HOU

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:28 pm

One other note: Before you import any custom playbook, please test every play prior to importing. The game will crash or you may have a CPU team run dead plays.

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:28 am

I figured this is the right place to ask my question.

Q: Is it possible to add another playbook to the default playbook list? Ex. Could you add another offensive playbook after 79 (Trick Plays)? So the new playbook would be at 80. Is there a file that it would overwrite and create problems? I have no idea what's in the 121 slot in the Gamedata.

I don't want to replace any of the existing ones but I would like to add one so I can give it to a team as their go-to playbook.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Littleware wrote:
yonly1me wrote:Hey guys,

I need a little bit of help. I was trying to follow your tutorial on adding custom playbooks into Madden using DFR. Every time I swap one playbook, then go to practice with that one team, my game crashes.

Do you have any idea in my case why the game would crash?

Are you're trying to replaced a team's specific playbook?

If you are trying to replace a team's specific book and it's crashing, (plan b) Just import the custom book in a generic slot of the gamedat file and then assign it to your team using NZA editor.

Using the Teams List from above, I've replaced generic defensive books 33-38 and offensive books 73-79 with custom playbooks. I tried to replace specific books once, the game kept crashing so I went to plan B!

I have the same problem. Swapped the BearsTampa2 defensive playbook found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15110&p=42537&hilit=ai+playbooks+bears+jets+playbook#p42537 with the default Cover 2 (book 36?) generic book. Every time I go to practice with the book it freezes. When in exhibition game it freezes when the play selection screen for defense should pop up. Any ideas?

Gregatron
Veteran

Postby Gregatron » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Is there a way to export a stock playbook so I can open it in the alpha editor? I can't find any export option in game.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Gregatron wrote:Is there a way to export a stock playbook so I can open it in the alpha editor? I can't find any export option in game.

You should start to use the search feature!!!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14420&start=50#p89013

Return to “Plays and playbooks”