Need help with Playbook Editor please

Tyco94
Rookie

Postby Tyco94 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:52 am

I've been researching this for hours. I have so much fun with the default create-a-play feature in '08, and I really wish they kept that feature for all the newer Maddens, even if it was just for offline use only because I can see how it could be too much trouble to moderate what people create and use online.

I digress. So I've been searching these forums for a few days now setting up my Franchise, rosters, playbooks etc to get ready for my first modded Madden 08 playthrough. You guys have made some incredibly useful tools over the years here. I have the Offense and Defense Playbook editors, but I can't figure out how to use them. I can see some of the things it can do, like fix the issues with running plays not being handed off correctly, added Play Action, WR option routes, and adding motion to plays.

So is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use the playbook editor? I've looked, for quite a while honestly, and I've found bits and pieces of people explaining parts of it but nothing definitive like 'this is what you need to do to make X happen'. Any advice on where to look for this info or could anyone help me out?

I'm also still not sure if adding read option plays is possible? I see it appears to be in some of the playbooks so I assume it is, and the option to lateral the ball backwards mid-play is present so I assume it can be made to work somehow, but again I have no idea what I'm doing.Any help with any of this would be really appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Plays and playbooks”