Updated Madden Playbooks! 2023-

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Updated Madden Playbooks! 2023-

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:44 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:Now that the drama has cleared, does anyone want to collaborate with me on this project? I've built the entirety of the 2023 offensive playbooks, they're generalized but rock solid in terms of gameplay and modern play concepts.

We'll need new defensive playbooks, I'm open to all suggestions but don't feel like making them all myself. The 2011 defenses aren't terrible against the 2023 playbooks by any means, but defense has changed since then.

Let me show you something:
playbooks.png
Playbook Editor.png
excel sheet.png

I haven't messed with NCAA 14 modding yet, but I just tested Madden Xtreme with Madden 20 playbooks and it loaded them. What specifically are you wanting to show me with these pics?

You can convert those playbooks to Madden 08. The PSAL codes are the same, they are just re-ordered.

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:55 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:Let me show you something:
playbooks.png
Playbook Editor.png
excel sheet.png

I haven't messed with NCAA 14 modding yet, but I just tested Madden Xtreme with Madden 20 playbooks and it loaded them. What specifically are you wanting to show me with these pics?

You can convert those playbooks to Madden 08. The PSAL codes are the same, they are just re-ordered.

Can you create a guide for converting them? I think that deserves it own thread really. I'll see if I can rip some of the legend coaches playbooks from Madden 25 and browse the community playbooks for College Football Revamped. Wonder if PS4 Madden can be converted then?

EDIT: After opening a NCAA .db file I saw that they have some of the same tables as Madden 20 playbook .db's, I bet it's possible to fully convert Madden 23 playbooks in M08. If so I'll post my books in the custom playbook thread and import the actual M23 ones into this project, but I'll need to know how you converted them.

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:43 am

Again, thanks for taking the time. Love the Chiefs book!

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:12 pm

Kyote wrote:Again, thanks for taking the time. Love the Chiefs book!

Thanks! I think they play best with cmp66's coaches slider adjustment in NZA's editor.

I've been contacting some program coders about creating a tool that can export every playbook EA has ever made into compatible files for every Madden/NCAA game using the method AustinMario13 showed me above, hopefully the major custom made playbook projects will become obsolete and we can use the exact copies of EA's playbooks from 23 into 08.

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:47 pm

That would be great, keep up the excellent work :D

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:10 pm

I'm gassed guys, I'm done coding playbooks. I found a better easy and better way to update playbook than making them from scratch and a way to make compressed playbooks editable, see here.

I've uploaded every completed book and all the rest of them that don't have play calling AI in the OP for anyone that wants to build it's PBAI themselves. Remember not to add the 2 plays listed on the 1st page into the cpu's play calling pool.

This project is now open sourced for everyone to edit, merge or do whatever you want with. I'm extremely proud of some of the gameplay aspects I found with this project, specifically CPU HB screen plays and Jet Fk Zone/Zone Fk Jet double handoff plays. If you code the PBAI of the rest of the books upload them here for everyone else to use. Here's the latest finding for PBAI, just replace this file in the PBAI folder of PBE 2.5:
Attachments
OffDefinitions.csv
(768 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:27 am

I was going through the Chiefs playbook. In the single deuce close - pa corner stops.
The QB drops straight back, is that the play design? Or should there be a play action fake.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:52 am

Kyote wrote:I was going through the Chiefs playbook. In the single deuce close - pa corner stops.
The QB drops straight back, is that the play design? Or should there be a play action fake.

Must've missed that one. Feel free to correct it and re-upload the file.

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Chiefs Playbook, play action works now.
Attachments
2023Chiefs.pbo
(179.06 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 am

Same issue in Bengals book, single deuce close.
Fixed it.
Attachments
2023Bengals.pbo
(175.17 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Return to “Plays and playbooks”