Assignments messing up against trey RB strong formation

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Postby PatriotFan90 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Using PackFan editor, I created a 3-2 dime package, and created a Cover 1 Robber coverage designed specifically for trips sets, with the CB, dime, and nickel are assigned to cover receivers 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The ILB in the box NOT pass rushing is assigned to cover receiver 4. One of the two high safeties is playing deep MOF, other is robbing in a hook zone. Single side CB is covering receiver 5.

When i run a custom trey (2 WRs and 1 TE to one side, 1 WR to other side) set with the RB to the trey instead of away from the trey, the man assignments between the nickel and ILB are crossed. Nickel should be covering receiver 3, and ILB should be covering receiver 4 (the RB). But, the nickel tries to cover the RB, and the ILB tries to cover receiver 3, resulting in the nickel being in the box....grrrrr. the whole reason i created a man coverage just for trips with the right defensive people covering the right offensive people, is because of stupid garbage like this. Anyone know how to fix this??

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Plays and playbooks”