NCAA 08 PS2 playbook Experiments

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:15 pm

I got it run in game. I would suggest looking at it with a playbook editor first.
Attachments
NCAA 08.pbo
(963.69 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: NCAA 08 PS2 Playbook Experiments

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 pm

So after some screwing around with files I would like to tell you about those playbook files.

Most of the playbook information is stored in 4.dat, but it won't run because it has missing tables. The missing tables are in files 5-134 and they are specialized to each FBS team. Files 124-129.dat are generic Playbooks that include Balanced Pass, Pass Heavy, Run and Gun, Option Run, and West Coast. Files 130-134 are the defensive playbooks that include, 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5, 4-3, and Multiple D. The defensive playbooks will not work in the playbook editor, but they will run in Madden, but if you try to save it, the game crashes. The reason is because the SGF_ values are different from Maddens.

In order for an offensive playbook to work you have to put all of the missing tables in files 5-134 from 4.dat. You also have to go into PSAL and delete every row that has the code 255 in it. You can also do this with the defensive playbooks, but like I said, you get errors because of the SGF_ values.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:15 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:So after some screwing around with files I would like to tell you about those playbook files.

Most of the playbook information is stored in 4.dat, but it won't run because it has missing tables. The missing tables are in files 5-134 and they are specialized to each FBS team. Files 124-129.dat are generic Playbooks that include Balanced Pass, Pass Heavy, Run and Gun, Option Run, and West Coast. Files 130-134 are the defensive playbooks that include, 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-2-5, 4-3, and Multiple D. The defensive playbooks will not work in the playbook editor, but they will run in Madden, but if you try to save it, the game crashes. The reason is because the SGF_ values are different from Maddens.

In order for an offensive playbook to work you have to put all of the missing tables in files 5-134 from 4.dat. You also have to go into PSAL and delete every row that has the code 255 in it. You can also do this with the defensive playbooks, but like I said, you get errors because of the SGF_ values.

Welcome to the party! I discussed this in detail with HarryS when he was working on his NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty last season! He was looking to get playbooks from newer versions of NCAA 07-11 PS2 and import them into his NCAA 06 game files. While I was testing the NCAA books to work in Madden 08 PS2 & PC in my PS2/PC merger project! There's a slice of pizza left in the box if you want! :P

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:So after some screwing around with files I would like to tell you about those playbook files.

Welcome to the party! I discussed this in detail with HarryS when he was working on his NCAA 06 PS2 Dynasty last season! He was looking to get playbooks from newer versions of NCAA 07-11 PS2 and import them into his NCAA 06 game files. While I was testing the NCAA books to work in Madden 08 PS2 & PC in my PS2/PC merger project! There's a slice of pizza left in the box if you want! :P

I got the offensive playbooks to work, just not the defensive. I was wondering if their was a way to edit punts and kickoffs in the Madden editor. I don't want to do it in the db editor I'd much rather tray to do it in the editor, but i can most of the kick returns or punt returns on defense.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”