7 V 7 manipulation?

grabursock55
MVP

7 V 7 manipulation?

Postby grabursock55 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:06 pm

I never got far into modding playbooks on madden of PC, but I know you can do some pretty creative things with it.

I had a dream this morning that I was messing around with the playbook editor and I wanted to have an arena football type game. So what I did was make a basic formation that you might see in an arena football game with 8 players (3 linemen, 3 WRs, 1 QB and 1 HB) the other 3 players that I didnt need, I just put them WAYYYYYYY on the outside of the formation so that they were still technically loaded and 'playing' in the game, but they were so far off the field they couldn't possibly make a difference in the play.

With the current tools we have access to, is this setup something that is possible? Just thought it would be interesting to investigate.
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

7 V 7 manipulation?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: 7 V 7 manipulation?

Postby Theov » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Dont you need 7 player on the LOS though, of which the two outside guys are eligible receivers.
It is really too bad EA never thought of adding a feature like this.
No signature needed.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:21 am

grabursock55 wrote:I never got far into modding playbooks on madden of PC, but I know you can do some pretty creative things with it.

I had a dream this morning that I was messing around with the playbook editor and I wanted to have an arena football type game. So what I did was make a basic formation that you might see in an arena football game with 8 players (3 linemen, 3 WRs, 1 QB and 1 HB) the other 3 players that I didnt need, I just put them WAYYYYYYY on the outside of the formation so that they were still technically loaded and 'playing' in the game, but they were so far off the field they couldn't possibly make a difference in the play.

With the current tools we have access to, is this setup something that is possible? Just thought it would be interesting to investigate.

Yes, the playbook editor will allow you to do just that. You can set the 3 unnecessary players default position at the LOS by the sideline. Then when you create the plays, give them the same zero logic for the entire play (they just stand there looking without moving)!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:15 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
grabursock55 wrote:I never got far into modding playbooks on madden of PC, but I know you can do some pretty creative things with it.

Yes, the playbook editor will allow you to do just that. You can set the 3 unnecessary players default position at the LOS by the sideline. Then when you create the plays, give them the same zero logic for the entire play (they just stand there looking without moving)!

Could you tell me what Playbook editor you are talking about? I would like to take a look at it.

Thanks!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:33 am

grabursock55 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Could you tell me what Playbook editor you are talking about? I would like to take a look at it.

Thanks!
Any of the Packfan PlayBook Editors will do! I use Alpha PBE and Packfan 2.5 editor. Both are located in the files section.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”