Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:08 am

RevanFan wrote:The first file you have says it's version 2.1, but then the first patch says it's the 1.0 patch. Is the 1.0 patch already included in the main file? What about the 2.0 patch? I'm going to assume at least 3.0 and beyond need to be downloaded, but those two confuse me.

Regardless of my patch files version numbering, can't you just follow the instructions to get the books Revanfan :? ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:13 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:The first file you have says it's version 2.1, but then the first patch says it's the 1.0 patch. Is the 1.0 patch already included in the main file? What about the 2.0 patch? I'm going to assume at least 3.0 and beyond need to be downloaded, but those two confuse me.

Regardless of my patch files version numbering, can't you just follow the instructions to get the books Revanfan :? ?

Yeah I can follow instructions, but you should make the numbering consistent.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:43 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:Hey Mike, I've been having some issues with the playbooks and wondering if it's something on my end or not. Pre play I'll have certain buttons set for certain receivers then post play the buttons change and for the first time today I noticed someone had ran a route and completely lost his button all together. It's not ever play, but it's not just a few plays either. I use updated NFL rules, and expanded catching with calhoupe scripts.

Yep I am aware of that issue. However, I'm not going to go through every playbook and test every play at this point. ActualIy the playbook project is officially over. I suggest you go back to using the old 2011 books that were imported from PS2 Madden.

In a project like this, there needed to be more than one person working on the project. I asked for assistance on many occasions, but recieved none. So, unfortunately some issues and errors were not detected and are present in the end product. I don't like it. It is what it is.

Edit: I have already asked RevanFan not to distribute them with the FI Mod.

Solarkev found a fix for this issue and provided instructions to fix this project. Here's what he sent me:

solarkev wrote:Keep in mind that the "easy" fix will mess up the percentages that the AI QB will use to check down receivers.

I assume you are somewhat familiar with Packfan's editor.

1. Take note in Madden 08 what the differences are between the letter codes in the play selection screen and the letter codes on the field for each formation that has the problem.
2. Identify any positions that share the same letter in the play selection screen and the field. For example, let's say that the leftmost WR has the letter W in the play selection screen while say a flanker has the letter W on the field. The idea is to swap these positions in the play editor and then reassign the player code back to the original position. By spending several minutes in Madden Practice mode with a pencil and paper, you should be able to make a list.
3. After determining which formations have players to swap and identifying which players are to be swapped, one can actually swap the positions on the formation tab in the play editor.
(In the play editor each of the 11 positions is assigned a player. For example, pos 3 may be assigned WR1, position 5 may have TE1, etc,)
4, In the formation editor, you can swap the affected positions. Then, right click and change the position assignments back to what they were before you swapped. After you get the hang of this, it should take several minutes for each formation (maybe a couple minutes per swap).
5. Save the playbook and the letters should match.

The directions may seem strange until you've tried it once. I suggest that you find one formation in one playbook to work on first and try to get that done. Let me know if you have troubles. This is definitely a work-around that would have been hard for anyone to discover unless they spent much time with the editor.

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Postby solarkev » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:23 am

I actually don't think that the 2020-22 playbooks project needs to be "fixed". I would not use the work-around that I suggested for this project because it will affect the play calling by the AI QBs. Not acceptable because an important feature of this project was all the work accomplished to get the AI to call plays well. I have used the playbooks in this project and will continue to use them. The minor flaw found in the pre-play buttons can be easily worked around.

That being said, if someone, like Rarebutter maybe, would want to use these playbooks for users only (not AI), and they want to see the correct receiver buttons on the play selection screen, then the fix I suggested will help them. Keep in mind that custom plays often have incorrect playart for some routes in the play selection screen. However, both playart and receiver button labels, are correct when looking at the graphics on the field (using "G" for instance).

If the play selection screen imperfections are important to you, then custom plays can't be used. I personally feel that the advantages of modernizing Madden 08 far outweigh the disadvantages of not being able to use all the features in the play selection screens.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:41 pm

solarkev wrote:I actually don't think that the 2020-22 playbooks project needs to be "fixed". I would not use the work-around that I suggested for this project because it will affect the play calling by the AI QBs. Not acceptable because an important feature of this project was all the work accomplished to get the AI to call plays well. I have used the playbooks in this project and will continue to use them. The minor flaw found in the pre-play buttons can be easily worked around.

That being said, if someone, like Rarebutter maybe, would want to use these playbooks for users only (not AI), and they want to see the correct receiver buttons on the play selection screen, then the fix I suggested will help them. Keep in mind that custom plays often have incorrect playart for some routes in the play selection screen. However, both playart and receiver button labels, are correct when looking at the graphics on the field (using "G" for instance).

If the play selection screen imperfections are important to you, then custom plays can't be used. I personally feel that the advantages of modernizing Madden 08 far outweigh the disadvantages of not being able to use all the features in the play selection screens.

Wait, what? No SolarKev you've misunderstood the issue. The play selection screen receiver buttons are fine, it's the actual on field buttons that Mike and I were talking about. The receiver buttons are not correct when looking at the graphics on the field. Does your fix not solve that?

Open up the Chiefs playbook in practice mode and select the all pass plays button at the play selection screen. When at the LOS of take a look at the WR buttons of any pass play in that book, then see them change immediately post snap. Here's a visual of the issue for non coach mode players, see Kelce and Smith-Schuster:
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_12_2023 5_52_15 PM.png
Pre Snap
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_12_2023 5_52_15 PM.png (3.85 MiB) Viewed 3198 times

EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_12_2023 5_52_21 PM.png
Post Snap
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_12_2023 5_52_21 PM.png (3.49 MiB) Viewed 3198 times

This issue effects every offensive playbook in this project to a large degree, that I can confirm 100%. I thought I was being helpful and we had a fix. Guess not. Sorry for the misinformation, there was obviously a misunderstanding.

Turk
Rookie

Postby Turk » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:47 am

Hey is it possible to have these updated rosters put on a memory card for PS2 for me? I’d gladly pay you for them. Are they strictly M08 or can they be used for M12?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:32 pm

Turk wrote:Hey is it possible to have these updated rosters put on a memory card for PS2 for me? I’d gladly pay you for them. Are they strictly M08 or can they be used for M12?

I don't know. The person who made these playbooks is banned.

Turk
Rookie

Postby Turk » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:55 am

Oh dang. No wonder he can’t receive PMs. Well if anyone reads this and can put these rosters on a mem card for me, let me know. I’ll pay

Tyco94
Rookie

Postby Tyco94 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:57 am

I can't find a download lin on the first page, does anyone have one?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:18 am

Tyco94 wrote:I can't find a download lin on the first page, does anyone have one?

It's probably because the user, MikeWest502, was banned a long time ago.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”