Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:32 am

solarkev wrote:I would like to help. I hope I can get up to speed fairly quickly; I've made some large defense playbooks in the past. I don't have the level of sophistication that MikeWest has, but with his offer of "on the fly" training I think I can help.

Awww, thanks Solarkev for the kind words. But, I'm not sophisticated at all. And I'm sure you measure up well.

Solarkev, you are hired as the new "Playbooks Development Manager". I will be sending you your first assignment to determine what training is required to get you going via pm. Afterwards, you'll start off in a current project working on the Charger's offensive playbook.
Welcome aboard! :D

Now, off to the horrible news regarding my planned summer project updating more books. Story time. So last night I logged into Madden 22 to start the analyst phase of the project. My plan was to start with the 49ers updates. After only a few minutes of review, I felt betrayed by EA Sports, again. As it turned out, the so-called updated "Live Content" is not what I expected.

Instead of seeing updated plays and formations run by the niners over the last season. I only saw a simple name change with zero modifications. EA Sports simply "renamed' the two formation to "Deeboo Package". And on top of that, of the 24 plays in the formations, Deeboo was not moved to any other position by default. They didn't line him up as RB or move him around like the niners did in real life. Total disappointment.

I continued my research viewing the so-called updates for four of the playbooks listed. And again EA really made nothing new. The formations and plays are not new, just added to the respective books from a pool of default formations and plays that already exist in the game.

Way to go EA Sports.

So my intention for the 49ers update will include the simple renamed formations AND a real Deeboo Sub package will be added so he can line up in every WR/HB position. Then, I'll move over to add the "Full House" formation set to the Cowboys offense.

Also, in viewing the playbook updates made by EA, I found no defensive playbooks were included in the update. :oops:

Sponsor

Sponsor

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Postby solarkev » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:19 pm

Mikewest,

I saw your PM indicating that you hadn't heard from me. But, I did send a reply a couple days ago. Not sure what is going on. I couldn't find it in "sent" messages. Did you get my PM from today?

Kevin

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Postby solarkev » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:20 pm

Mikewest,

I just tried again to reply to one of your Private Messages and I noticed this in red font: "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt." Does this mean that you have disabled receipt of private messages in your preferences (by accident, probably)?

Kevin (again)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:53 pm

solarkev wrote:Mikewest,

I just tried again to reply to one of your Private Messages and I noticed this in red font: "Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt." Does this mean that you have disabled receipt of private messages in your preferences (by accident, probably)?

Kevin (again)

I forgot, it was no accident. I was being harrassed by someone and shut it down. I was kickin with RevanFan via pm just days ago. Assuming my pm's were not disabled. But he's a moderator and has access to send me pm's even if disabled. I'm good now, thanks for that. PM's on now.

I have an idea about the remaining playbooks. There are several books that I am refusung to do because I hate those teams passionately. I am wondering if you'd be interested in doing those books so that all 32 teams have new books to rock with. Of course, I'll be working along with you. But this would be a time for you to do your thing. You'd choose the formations and plays for each book. In that project you lead and I'd assist. Just tabling a thought, let it marinate.

Let's goooooooo

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Postby solarkev » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:37 am

Yes. I think it will be popular for many to have the full set with more up-to-date Madden and with the AI tags so that it will be fun to play against.

(We can always "sabotage" the plays for the teams you hate) - Just joking. But, it could be satisfying to see the hated QB miss many handoffs, etc. LOL

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:01 pm

solarkev wrote:Yes. I think it will be popular for many to have the full set with more up-to-date Madden and with the AI tags so that it will be fun to play against.

(We can always "sabotage" the plays for the teams you hate) - Just joking. But, it could be satisfying to see the hated QB miss many handoffs, etc. LOL

:lol: "sabotage"... I like it :lol: Or, I could make the WR routes at zero speed so they'd be walking instead of running full speed for pass plays ;) . We gonna get along just fine solarkev.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:11 am

I've been working with Solarkev. He has produced his first work, the Atlanta Facons defensive playbook. It's not totally complete at the moment, he's building the AI. I am excited to say, bro got game. The book will be released in my next patch. The patch will include ATL defense, LAC offense and 3 books that I've updated with new content and revised a broken play ;) Dallas, S.F and Detroit's offenses were updated.

Solarkev loves to work on defenses and now is in charge of creating the remaining Madden 22 defenses that I did not. I am his support.

The Las Vegas Raiders offense is on deck for me to start on next in the coming week or so.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:08 am

News Flash! Solarkev has revealed a technique that will impact future defensive playbooks. Currently when I use the "Show Blitz" logic, the FS and SS would always walk up to the A-Gap on the LOS. With Solarkev's technique, I am now testing logic that will have the FS or SS walk up to gaps C and D and stop LB level not on the LOS if I choose. :D

He got a promotion and a raise for his efforts. 3 cheers for Solarkev!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:17 am

When I finally get back to playing Madden again, I'm going to have to play with all of these playbooks. Figure out which ones I like and want to use in my franchise.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:32 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:News Flash! Solarkev has revealed a technique that will impact future defensive playbooks. Currently when I use the "Show Blitz" logic, the FS and SS would always walk up to the A-Gap on the LOS. With Solarkev's technique, I am now testing logic that will have the FS or SS walk up to gaps C and D and stop LB level not on the LOS if I choose. :D

He got a promotion and a raise for his efforts. 3 cheers for Solarkev!

Thanks to Solarkev and Packfan's "Research" documentation, success was achieved.
After further study and testing I was able to figure out how to get the FS and SS to show blitz from any gap on the LOS. You'll see the new logic in the Atlanta Falcon's defensive playbook first. All future playbooks will have that logic in place. Because I have compressed many of the existing books and unable to edit the logic in them, only future books will have the logic included. Unless someone know their way around the playbooks using one of the DB editors.

With that, instead of doing the Las Vegas Raiders offensive playbook, we're going to do the Raiders defense instead.

Also, content patch 3.0 won't be released to the community until Sunday due to unforseen issues. ;)

I also want to give a shoutout to RogerJinx, RevanFan, BUS36 for helping me stay motivated to continue this project. Having Solarkev on the on the team is just what the doctor ordered.

Happy Friday Idiots :ugeek:

Return to “Plays and playbooks”