Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: Madden 2020-22 Playbooks for 08

Postby lorak » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Ok, the June content Patch 5.0 playbooks update is available for download in the OP. See the spoiler for more details about what's been updated.

A round of applause and margarita's for Solarkev. He's working his tail off, got sharper and is assisting with the production of very high quality updates for us all to enjoy.

Many thanks again to all people involved and for all the work put in to this.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:18 pm

lorak wrote:Many thanks again to all people involved and for all the work put in to this.

We appreciate the feedback. :)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:38 am

August Content Release NFO:

3 new books:
Atlanta Falcons Offensive Playbook
Cleveland Browns Offensive Playbook
Cleveland Browns Defensive Playbook

Updates:
New England Patriots Offense and Defense
Tenn. Titans Offense and Defense (if time permits)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:30 pm

August content (Patch 6) has been released and available for download in the opening post.

Enjoy :D

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:43 am

MikeWest502 wrote:August content (Patch 6) has been released and available for download in the opening post.

Enjoy :D

Thanks again!

BigSteel33
Veteran

Postby BigSteel33 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm

I've loaded most of the playbooks. The question I have is that I can tell Broncos def, Colts def, Jets def always error and lock the game when playing defense inside the 5 yard line. I look at the AI tags, and it looks like these defenses are missing PBAI=5. I was trying to fix this and the editor would error. Can you check this?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 am

BigSteel33 wrote:I've loaded most of the playbooks. The question I have is that I can tell Broncos def, Colts def, Jets def always error and lock the game when playing defense inside the 5 yard line. I look at the AI tags, and it looks like these defenses are missing PBAI=5. I was trying to fix this and the editor would error. Can you check this?

I have no idea why the game is crashing on you during those situations with those playbooks. I haven't gotten any crashes during goal line situations when cpu v cpu games are played using those books.

There are no plays in pbai #5 in the broncos defensive book. Thanks for the reminder. For some odd reason, the Playbook Editor app would not allow me to add plays to the AI group #5, I totally forgot about that. Denver's book is slated for an update. The Jets and Colts books do have plays in pbai #5. However, I don't think not having plays in that pbai group is your problem.

1. When I created the first batch of books, goal line formations/plays were not included because I was limited to Maddens 81 play limit and there weren't any in Madden 20 playbooks, allowing me to add more useful plays in their place.
2. The books have always worked without goal line formations/plays and without the AI groups being populated. The goal line formations/plays were added during my second revamp process after Madden 21 added them back in the game. For the books without goal line formations and plays, in the goal line situation the cpu ai would simply call a 4-3 or 4-6 type play.

If you want to add goal line plays to the AI group #5 in Denver's book, a quick work around to add a few can be done with the DB Editor.

Open the Broncos book in Xtreme-DB editor. Click the PBPL (Playbook Playlist) table and sort it so the PBPL column is from lowest to highest. Find 3 Goalline plays (Blitz A, Blitz C and Sam Blitz). They should be in PBST 4. Those 3 plays have ID's PBPL 13-15. Click the PBAI table, add a new record, scroll to the bottom of the table. Input the following for each entry you add: PBPL 13, AIGR 5 Prct 7. for the other two entries simply replace the PBPL zero with 14 and 15. You're going to be adding 3 new records to the playbook's AI.

If you have any other issues please report them. Thanks

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:28 pm

So what do I need to download to have everything? The latest release and the 6.0 patch both, or just the latest release? I know you sent me the files, but I'd rather just download the whole package fresh.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:36 am

RevanFan wrote:So what do I need to download to have everything? The latest release and the 6.0 patch both, or just the latest release? I know you sent me the files, but I'd rather just download the whole package fresh.

Each patch has different books that have been revamped and updated. Download the main file M08 Playbooks.zip and all patches. Extract the M08 Playbooks.zip into a folder. Then, in order, extract each patch to the same folder. If prompted to overwrite older files, click yes to overwrite. Move the files into your Madden/playbooks folder and enjoy.

I'm currently working on the Titans, Giants and Broncos updates.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:40 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:So what do I need to download to have everything? The latest release and the 6.0 patch both, or just the latest release? I know you sent me the files, but I'd rather just download the whole package fresh.

Each patch has different books that have been revamped and updated. Download the main file M08 Playbooks.zip and all patches. Extract the M08 Playbooks.zip into a folder. Then, in order, extract each patch to the same folder. If prompted to overwrite older files, click yes to overwrite. Move the files into your Madden/playbooks folder and enjoy.

I'm currently working on the Titans, Giants and Broncos updates.

The first file you have says it's version 2.1, but then the first patch says it's the 1.0 patch. Is the 1.0 patch already included in the main file? What about the 2.0 patch? I'm going to assume at least 3.0 and beyond need to be downloaded, but those two confuse me.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”