Triple Option

MagneticPotato
Rookie

Triple Option

Postby MagneticPotato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 am

I've been attempting to create the classic triple option play but keep getting stopped at the goal line:

1.I have read previous posts and attempted to open playbooks. Every zip file I've opened with WinRar says the archive/file is corrupt. When I download a pure .pbo file, the playbook editor freezes when I try to open it (it only lets me open playbooks I've made)

2. Thanks to the incredible mod by callhoupe, I can pitch and use the cancel hand off button on a FB dive to do a mesh, but I can't get QB to sprint outside after cancel instead of trying to run forward automatically and the FB won't keep running forward on cancel.

3.To get the HB to trail (follow behind QB for possible pitch), I've tried giving him a pass route but he run blocks instead (unless I replace HB with a WR/TE). The only other idea I have is to make a custom run block pattern but the HB likes to block straight ahead.

Any help with creating the classic triple option play is greatly appreciated

Triple Option

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Triple Option

Postby mike9472 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:35 pm

I used to get the same error until I switched to 7zip.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm

MagneticPotato wrote:1.I have read previous posts and attempted to open playbooks. Every zip file I've opened with WinRar says the archive/file is corrupt. When I download a pure .pbo file, the playbook editor freezes when I try to open it (it only lets me open playbooks I've made)

If I remember correctly, there was a phishing attack a long time ago that corrupted those zips and pbo and pbds and all those files, so they are lost.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MagneticPotato
Rookie

Postby MagneticPotato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:17 pm

jose21crisis wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a phishing attack a long time ago that corrupted those zips and pbo and pbds and all those files, so they are lost.

Thank you for that information

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:51 pm

let me know how you do with htis.
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

MagneticPotato
Rookie

Postby MagneticPotato » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 am

grabursock55 wrote:let me know how you do with htis.

So far I've been able to get a mesh with the FB but its inconsistent. I can cancel the handoff but the QB bumps into FB sometimes. If I time it just right it looks like a read option in a moddern Madden game. I have codes for the HB trail but I'm trying to perfect the dive first and the TE lead blocking out of the maryland wide. I just found out that Madden 19 is on PC so I might take a look at that instead.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”