Empty Playbooks for importing formations

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am

I've been trying to make custom playbooks bigger than what the game allows (around 400 plays in 17 formations). But there was one limiting factor, in that I can't export formations from a playbook from the Gamedata.dat file, to a custom playbook created either by Madden itself, or Packfan's editor. The Playbook Merger would simply not allow that by giving errors left and right. After trying to edit the Madden created book to see if I could get the formations from the standard playbooks, I gave up and decided to look for an empty offensive playbook in the decompressed Gamedata.dat files. Good thing is, I found one. I attached it here. Using that playbook as a base, you can import formations from other vanilla playbooks using a decompressed playbook from the Gamedata.dat file. I'm using that one to work on a HUGE offensive playbook for my franchise. Hopefully anyone that wants to make an offensive playbook can find that useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tonysly41
Rookie

Re: Empty Playbooks for importing formations

Postby tonysly41 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello there, bud! I have a question: when you say this way is possible to import formations from other playbooks how do you exactly do this? I'm having some trouble finishing my customized playbook, around 155, 160 plays the packfan's playbook editor just begins to crash and if I try to edit the playbook in the game madden crashes when I try to save the file. So I'm totally stuck here. Also, I can't seem to be able to make the playbook merger work. Any tips? Thank you!

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi tony! The way I do it, I always start in game and add the plays/formations I want in however many different files I need. Let's call them 001, 002 and 003.

Then with the playbook merger, you can start from a blank playbook and add 001, 002 and 003 playbooks one after the other. I think you have to do it formation by formation.

If you need to edit the plays, you can either do it in game when creating the original files (001, 002, 003), or use the playbook editors before or after the merging (not sure which is better).

When creating a very large playbook, I suggest saving often because if my memory serves me right, the moment you go over the limit, the software crashes.

Also, I highly suggest using the DAT file replacer to upload your custom playbook into the game. That way, you will have access to audibles and such.

I hope this helps!

tonysly41
Rookie

Postby tonysly41 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for your help! Been able to put some of these stuff in practice, but still have some minor playbook problems.

My playbook is not crashing anymore since I'm now compressing the file, and the size is more than enough (around 180 plays, 11 formations with some basic HB and WR/TE packages) but I'm not pretty sure why some PA plays are not working as supposed to, specially on a shotgun 2RB Flex formation (or 2RB 3WR, I'm guessing it's about the same) when the fake handoff should be performed with HB2. Also, the play art is not looking as it's supposed to in a singleback bunch formation. The Slot receiver and the WR1 routes are inverted. Not pretty sure why, and not pretty sure either how to fix this.

Regarding the Playbook Merger it wasn't working because I'm using windows 7. Checking some threads here found out about the comp issues, got Virtual Box and installed Windows XP, and is now firing on all cylinders. Will try to add my playbook as a stock one on the dat file as soon as I'm satisfied enough with it. Thanks for the advice!! I'll keep working on it. :)

Return to “Plays and playbooks”