Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Time for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Their playbook, as assigned to their HC Doug Marrone is the Saints playbook. Comparing that playbook to M18 Jaguars playbook, we have:

• Interestingly enough, the M18 playbook only has 3 sets: Singleback, Gun and I formation.
  • The Split-Pro set will have it's PBAIs removed, so that the AI doesn't use it, as the Split-Pro set isn't used in the modern NFL.
  • The Full House set will be left alone.
  • The Singleback set has the next formations in common: Big (Ace), Twin TE (Wing) and Slot Strong (Y-Trips). The ones not mentioned are: Twin TE WR (Ace Slot), Normal (Doubles Flex), 4WR (Spread Y-Flex), Empty Trey.
  • The only I formaion set is the Twin TE (Wing) set. The other sets are the Normal (Pro) and Big sets.
  • The next formations are on the Gun set: Normal (Doubles), Slot Strong (Y-Trips), 4WR (Spread), Empty 4WR (Empty Spread) and 5WR Bunch (Empty Bunch).

The plan is simple:
Adding more Singleback set formations.
Adding more Gun formations.
Removing the PBAI for the Split-Pro set.
Replace Blake Bortles as QB (They should).
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 pm

This looks really awesome. I wish I had time to play with these.
And I wish the Giants didn't go 3-13 so I can see their playbook sooner..
Then again the Vikings book will probably be closer to the Giants next season the Madden18's McAdoo book.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

So far so good jose! In looking through the thread, you said that Packers' offense is mostly done, is there something else you wanted to do to it(ie removing the split set or something of that sort?) I had one little idea that I wanted to run by you if there is still work to be done on it. Often in sets loaded with 3WRS on one side of the line and the other split to the other side; Aaron would often motion the set back with him in the shotgun to his one side or the other then ending up emptying the gun sometimes. I know about using the player motion shift button, so I was curious if that type of motion could be added to the Trips formation when it comes time in the future to finish it up. Your work is amazing though, the "Look" defenses really add some realism! :D

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:So far so good jose! In looking through the thread, you said that Packers' offense is mostly done, is there something else you wanted to do to it(ie removing the split set or something of that sort?) I had one little idea that I wanted to run by you if there is still work to be done on it. Often in sets loaded with 3WRS on one side of the line and the other split to the other side; Aaron would often motion the set back with him in the shotgun to his one side or the other then ending up emptying the gun sometimes. I know about using the player motion shift button, so I was curious if that type of motion could be added to the Trips formation when it comes time in the future to finish it up. Your work is amazing though, the "Look" defenses really add some realism! :D

Thanks, glad people is liking it.

Most of the changes that remain in the Packers playbook will be the playart icons, so that they look as close as possible as vanilla Madden, and removing the PBAIs from the Split-Pro set so that the AI doesn't use it. As for that motion, it is possible to do, when I get to the Packers playbooks (Long way to go I must say) I'll fix the stuff and add the motion.

Quick Note: Whenever I say that a formation has a "Pro" set, like I formation - Pro, or Split-Pro, means that the formation has all of the starters on the field, in other words, it has 1 HB, 1 FB, 1 TE and 2 WRs.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Ok sounds great!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 pm

I noticed that in exhibition mode, when trying out these new books, if I have both teams set to the new custom playbooks, the home teams books are used for the visitor as well in game. For example, Vikings and Steelers: Vikings are the home team and I am playing as the Steelers. My defense and offense became the new Vikings book despite the fact I set that to the new Steelers. I am unsure why that is happening, but that is the only issue I found so far.... I will continue the tests ;)

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 am

Col. Trautman wrote:I noticed that in exhibition mode, when trying out these new books, if I have both teams set to the new custom playbooks, the home teams books are used for the visitor as well in game. For example, Vikings and Steelers: Vikings are the home team and I am playing as the Steelers. My defense and offense became the new Vikings book despite the fact I set that to the new Steelers. I am unsure why that is happening, but that is the only issue I found so far.... I will continue the tests ;)

I had the same issue, the solution is import the playbooks as default in GAMEDATA.DAT

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 am

Oh ok thanks mauro, I will only test one team at a time for now lol

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm going to start the work on the Jags offensive playbook, but I realized something. I don't really know about the Jaguars defensive scheme. I would ask for some help on this one.
Semper fi

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm

jose21crisis wrote:I'm going to start the work on the Jags offensive playbook, but I realized something. I don't really know about the Jaguars defensive scheme. I would ask for some help on this one.

Here you have the regular season defensive snap count and the last game against the Patriots defensive snap count.

They use a 4-3 base but it looks like ROLB Telvin Smith and LOLB Myles Jack plays a lot more than MLB Paul Posluzny also I think that Calais Campbell plays snaps inside and outside the D-Line.

Dante Fowler, Marcel Dareus and Abry Jones are in the rotation. The rest of the players looks like really backups.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”