Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

Postby BUS36 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 pm

to be honest ...I would look at the FF/FI version than moonbax.. he and I went toe to toe on playbooks even though he said he looked and watch 1000+ game films.. he still could not come up with explanations on the Steelers playbooks(both offense and especially defense)I like what you did with them, there are some plays that need edited but that is it. But as I have seen there are some new plays every year.I do know that Roethlisberger said that with new OC Fitchner, that there will be a combination of Arians, Haley and Fitchner playbooks this coming year.

edit: what the Steelers did is sometimes shift from the Normal base 3-4 into 3 down lineman and lB on the LS and stack 3 lBs( usually over the DEs and directly in front of the C)
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 am

I wish I understood defense schemes better lol..... With Dom "prevent" Capers out, the Packers' D is in for some serious changes. I did see the Pack run a fair amount of the big "Okie" defense when Hundley was QB, otherwise it was a base 3/4 or a Nickel 2/4/5 front. A lot of sub packages though. I heard Wayne Larrivee mention the Packer's using the Nascar, Nitro, and Psycho Nickel defenses too... Boy, did that throw me hahaha.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

BUS36 wrote:to be honest ...I would look at the FF/FI version than moonbax.. he and I went toe to toe on playbooks even though he said he looked and watch 1000+ game films.. he still could not come up with explanations on the Steelers playbooks(both offense and especially defense)I like what you did with them, there are some plays that need edited but that is it. But as I have seen there are some new plays every year.I do know that Roethlisberger said that with new OC Fitchner, that there will be a combination of Arians, Haley and Fitchner playbooks this coming year.

edit: what the Steelers did is sometimes shift from the Normal base 3-4 into 3 down lineman and lB on the LS and stack 3 lBs( usually over the DEs and directly in front of the C)

Got it. I still like some defensive changes he did as well as some of the comments. But considering he used the Pass Balanced playbook (Which has the Split-Pro set, which I don't think any team uses) for the Steelers, I guess the FF/FI versions are more reliable.

As for some of the plays, a little problem with editing a standard playbook is that some player commands are copied from one play to another. So, if I changed CB#1 assignment in the Cover 3 Buzz play (Which is Right Third Deep), that would affect each and every play in which that CB is playing a Right Third Deep zone. The way around would be to completely recreate every playbook from scratch, but that would take FAR longer.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 pm

The reality is that the real life schemes and playbooks are impossible to recreate 100% in the game, even in Madden 18 it's not 100% accurate. Especially on defense. However I think that with the playbook editor sinc with the depth chart at least we can get close to the players who take on the field and the different formations that the teams use. For example Philadelphia Eagles' LB Dannell Ellerbe appears as starting MLB in Ourlads and any depth chart in the web, so in the mod also he is the starting MLB but you take a look at the Super Bowl snap count and you realize that he only play 2 or 3 snaps, I think this work can fix that, it's not perfect but is a HUGE improvement.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:30 pm

All right. Starting with Mike Zimmer's playbook, which is the Jaguars playbook, the Vikings offense in the FF/FI mod, compared to M18 look like this:

• Has very simlar Singleback sets, namely: Big (Ace), Twin TE WR (Wing Slot) and Normal Slot (Doubles). The ones that are different are: Big 3TE (Jumbo), Slot Strong (Y-Trips) and 4WR Falcon (Spread).
  • Has the exact same I Formation sets, which are: Normal (Pro), Twin WR (Slot), Twin TE (Wing).
  • Both have a Split Backs set. The M08 Jaguars book has the Split Backs (Pro) set (HB Split Left, FB Split Right). The M18 Vikings playbook has the even rarer Near set (HB Split Right, FB behind the QB). I'll remove the Split Pro set, in favor of the Pistol formation.
  • Only has 1 similar Strong I set, the Normal (Pro) set. The other sets are: 3WR and Jumbo.
  • Only has 1 similar Weak I set, the Normal (Pro) set. The other set is the Twin WR (Pro Twins) set.
  • The M08 playbook doesn't have a Pistol set. This will be added by removing the Split-Pro set.
  • Has every Gun sets. Namely: 2RB 3WR (Split Viking), Slot Strong HB Wk (Y-Trips Wk.), Trips Bunch (Bunch), 4WR (Spread Doubles) and 5WR (Empty Base Flex).

So, the plan is:
  • Removing the Split-Pro set.
  • Adding a Pistol set.
  • Adding more Shotgun variations, specifically, formations with 3WRs and 1TE.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:58 pm

All right, here is the Vikings offensive playbook. The changes done to it are:

• Added a Bunch set to the Singleback formation.
  • Removed the Split-Pro set, replacing it with a Pistol. I'll never do this again, as there were some problems doing this. For next playbooks, I'll leave the Split-Pro set, but will remove the PBAI tags from it, so that the CPU doesn't use it.
  • Like noted above, added 2 Pistol Sets.
  • Added a Trips and a Empty Bunch set to the Gun formation.
  • All formation names were updated.

Go ahead, give it a go and notify me of any issues with it.
Attachments
VikingsOv3.pbo
(165.39 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Semper fi

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:31 pm

jose21crisis wrote:All right, here is the Vikings offensive playbook. The changes done to it are:

• Removed the Split-Pro set, replacing it with a Pistol. I'll never do this again, as there were some problems doing this. For next playbooks, I'll leave the Split-Pro set, but will remove the PBAI tags from it, so that the CPU doesn't use it.

uhm I don't see the attachment book here.....

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:All right, here is the Vikings offensive playbook. The changes done to it are:

uhm I don't see the attachment book here.....

... You can't see it because I'm a dummy and forgot to upload it. Fixed that.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:42 pm

All right, time for the Vikings Defense. Defense is slighty harder to do than offense, but I'll try anyway. Now, the starting defense playbook for Mike Zimmer is the Minnesota Defense, so I'll start from there. The main change to be done is:

• The Vikings run the 4-3 and Nickel exclusively, even in Long Yardage and Prevent situation, this means that Dime and Quarter sets will be turned into Nickel 4-2-5 or Nickel 3-3-5 with some clever editing.
  • Appropiate Sub Packages will be added to remove that change.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Well ... this was actually pretty easy, the problem is: How do I name this Dime looking formation that is actually a 4-2-5 Nickel, How do I name this Dime 3-2-6 looking formation that is actually a 4-2-5 Nickel, how do I name this Quarter looking formation that is actually a 4-2-5 Nickel?

I named them "Dime Look" and "Quarter Look". These are not accurate designations, I know that, is just an improvisation. They are really just Nickel sets that LOOK like Dime and Quarter sets.

The changes done were:

• 4-3 Sets were left unaffected.
  • 4-2-5 Nickel, Strong Nickel and 3-3-5 Nickel were left unchanged.
  • 4-1-6 Dime was turned into a 4-2-5 Nickel with Dime look. This was done by replacing CB#4 with ROLB#2 (Emmanuel Lamur). The appropiate sub package was added. This set was named "Dime Look: 4-2-5 LB".
  • 3-2-6 Dime was turned into a 4-2-5 Nickel with Dime look. This was done by replacing FS#2 with LE#2 (Danielle Hunter). The appropiate sub package was added, and a vanilla Sub Package can reverse the change as well. This set was named "Dime Look: 4-2-5 DE".
  • 3-1-7 Quarter was turned into a 4-2-5 Nickel with Quarter look. This was done by replacing FS#2 with LE#2 (Danielle Hunter) and CB#4 with ROLB#2 (Emmanuel Lamur). The appropiate Sub Package was added to reverse this. This set was named "Quarter Look: 4-2-5".
  • 3-1-7 Quarter with 3 Deep Safeties was turned into a 4-2-5 Nickel with Quarter look. This was done by replacing CB#3 with ROLB#2 and CB#4 with LE#2. The appropiate sub package was added to reverse this. This set was named "Quarter look: 4-2-5 3 Deep"
Attachments
VikingsD.pbd
(85.72 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Semper fi

Return to “Plays and playbooks”