Unconventional Plays that work

ballerv13
Rookie

Re: Unconventional Plays that work

Postby ballerv13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:06 pm

jose21crisis wrote:When you call man/blitz plays, do you use press coverage or do you leave the corners in the standard alignment?

It's situational, if I'm in the redzone or short downs situations I call press. Btw, the DBs sometimes lost track of the receiver when playing offline, you know how to fix that? Like, they start running slow on the route and the receiver gets wide open, it's weird.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

ballerv13 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:When you call man/blitz plays, do you use press coverage or do you leave the corners in the standard alignment?

It's situational, if I'm in the redzone or short downs situations I call press. Btw, the DBs sometimes lost track of the receiver when playing offline, you know how to fix that? Like, they start running slow on the route and the receiver gets wide open, it's weird.

increase the defensive awareness slider.....by default it should be 50 but if its less than that it can lead to stray running db's.....hope that helps - u77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm

BUS36 wrote:Defense: 3-4...I do alot of last second flips and shifts before the snap. Love using the Nickle: 2-4-5( I have played this at times the whole game), 1-5-5 and 1-5-5 Prowl..gives that who is coming from where look. 3-4 -all formations.

Question: Thanks to the .dat Decompression utility, I managed to decompress the NE Offensive playbook and change the names of the formations and some plays to make like the playbook is actually form the Steelers. Also added a Pistol. Is there any play/formation from this page that the Steelers would use on any given Sunday? I want to try and expand the Playbook a bit with some more up-to-date plays and formations. Maybe even update some other playbooks as well.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:34 pm

I didn't see the 3 TE formation TE motion sweep with the motion TE and OT pulling...
3TEmotionHBpower.jpg
3TEmotionHBpower.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2266 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 pm

BUS36 wrote:I didn't see the 3 TE formation TE motion sweep with the motion TE and OT pulling...
3TEmotionHBpower.jpg

That 3TE Jumbo package is already on the NE playbook. I think is very possible to add a HB Power TE Motion play like that one The idea was adding new formations to that playbook
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 am

otherwise you are good with the playbook (Offense and Defense)..it was a play I know they love to run.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:42 am

Bump....lets keep this thread going.... :)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

doktor75
Veteran

Postby doktor75 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 pm

I play on all-madden (all 50 sliders), 15 min quarter and what I love to do is to experiment with different stock defensive playbooks. One play that is mostly on all stock defensive playbooks is Cover2 in both nickel- and 3-4 formation.
When using 3-4 formation, I usually first put my better ILB into bump coverage and the other ILB into hook zone. Next thing I shift+spread defensive tackles, leave the OLBs as they are by default, so they prevent fast runs between b-c gaps (between guards and tackles). When I want to confuse the AI, I change my 3rd CB and put him into man coverage vs best WR, and immediately take closer safety into double cov. AI can gain max.one 1st down or let's say 7-13 yards, but if I swat the ball away or even pick him, AI's next 4-5 plays will surely be run. He won't throw the ball at all.
When in nickel formation, I line up my 3rd CB into heavy blitz position but change it immediately after the huddle breaks into zone, and again, spread the D-line. What mostly happens is that AI gets delay of game penalty or just throws it away or even takes a sack.
On 3rd and Long, I only play DIME Cover-4 zone and put my MLB into "red smart zone", the best AI can pull is 4-5 yards and a punt.
I guess it's not a deep philosophy, but it works all the time.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm

I also like the Wheel route, as already noted. I often call that kind of play when I'm pinned close to my goal line. A fast TE is lined in the slot and with the Wheel route, sometimes the defense forgets to cover him. Depending on the pressure, this play usually gives either a big loss or a TD, sometimes a 30-40 yard gain.

Back in the wildcat craze, I created my own wildcat-inspired formation and I like to run sweeps with the player taking the snap (either running back or kick returner). I don't do it too often because it usually results in a big loss or in a TD, rarely something in the middle.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

There is no other play taht I can get more sacks than with "Dime Normal - Zone Blitz". Alternatively, "Dime Normal - DB Blitz". Both are the same, the Dimeback blitzes, except that in Zone Blitz the defense is in zone and in DB Blitz they are in man. If I use DB Blitz, I will probably already set up Defensive Assigments for my team (Very good if you place a shutdown corner on the top receiver, or a shutdown corner and #2 receiver and double cover WR #1, or your best LB to cover the Gronk). I tell the to align themselves with their assigned receiver (Necesary to set up Defensive Assigments with this, otherwise a LB will be covering a WR) and use press coverage to give my blitzing corner half a second more to get to the QB. Then I move my D-Line to the right and tell them to crash left, that way the right tackle can't do anythign against the blitzing dime back. Then just get in get a sack. This can fail if there is a blocking HB/TE, which means the press coverage was worthless and a bomb is coming up. This is literally the only way I can get an user sack, I don't know how to user control my D-Linemen/LBs to get in there and sack the QB
Semper fi

Return to “Plays and playbooks”