Unconventional Plays that work

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Unconventional Plays that work

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:26 am

Ah! Ok, now it makes sense. The D wasn't prepared for the punt and they got pinned at the 1. I might actually include that play in my Madden 16 recreation.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:07 am

Which Defensive playbook mimics the Steelers?

Nobody mentioned any defensive plays so far, so my got to play against 4 WR sets is, from the NE def playbook or the 3-4 playbook. "Dime - Normal: Zone Blitz". Basically a Cover 3 Shell, 3 defenders in short coverage and 5 rushers. I spread out the D-Line and let the bltizing corner (Which is the dimeback) get in there and get an easy sack.And when they start catching up, I just flip the play and let the nickel back get some sacks too

Defense: 3-4...I do alot of last second flips and shifts before the snap. Love using the Nickle: 2-4-5( I have played this at times the whole game), 1-5-5 and 1-5-5 Prowl..gives that who is coming from where look. 3-4 -all formations.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
You must really have mastered the screen plays lol....I can never get them to work for me much lol....I almost never call screens unless its as a distraction while the other pass catchers run streaks down the field lol

You have to take a fast read to see if the D is in zone or man....
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

ballerv13
Rookie

Postby ballerv13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 am

I was testing some new plays with manual setups and I've just found I very interesting way to get sacks, out of the balanced defense playbook, name of the play is cover 2 from the 4-3 normal ( the DTs are doing a crossing rush). Put your fastest LB as a LOLB, manually blitz the MLB and LOLB, user control your ROLB covering the middle of the field. the LOLB will come screaming from the outside. You can get a sack almost every time using this setup. Also, if you guys know others "nano blitzes" like that, let me know :) also let me know if this cover 2 worked out for you guys.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:58 am

ballerv13 wrote:I was testing some new plays with manual setups and I've just found I very interesting way to get sacks, out of the balanced defense playbook, name of the play is cover 2 from the 4-3 normal ( the DTs are doing a crossing rush). Put your fastest LB as a LOLB, manually blitz the MLB and LOLB, user control your ROLB covering the middle of the field. the LOLB will come screaming from the outside. You can get a sack almost every time using this setup. Also, if you guys know others "nano blitzes" like that, let me know :) also let me know if this cover 2 worked out for you guys.

I frequently do those manual type blitzes....the best way to do that is to shift the d line to the right along the LOS and then use a db/lb depending on dime or 4-3 package and blitz from outside....you just rack up sacks like anything....one player can get 7 or more sacks until they start moving the TE/FB HB shift to block your man...in which case you just switch to the left side lol.....I got 18 sacks in one game on all-madden default sliders lol....

if you're really a gambler you can take your LE and manually after sliding the d line right move him over to the farthest right part of the d line and rush like that....of course if they run the ball left or you have a qb that can run you're screwed.....

once in a while I do playmaker and manually setup my safety to blitz ....of course this is risky in 3 wr or more sets but it is a good change of pace/keep offense off balance type play....same thing as before just shift the d line and move your safety to the right side of the LOS outside the RE....and go deck the qb

it should be mentioned if you try to highlight stick the qb more often then not you end up sliding off unless your tackle is good or the qb's strength rating is very low.....hitting guys like andrew luck with truck stick won't work all the time lol....you're better just going for a regular normal tackle rather than trying to light up the qb, sliding off and getting thrown with a deep ball and beat deep lol....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 am

hands down the best plays for a safety in order of most effective is 1) the 4-3 free fire, 2)dime db blitz, 3)nickel 3-3-5 lb blitz

4-3 is the best one as you can just hesitate for 1 sec while your d blockers engage and then run in the crease and tackled the hb/qb for a safety

also punt block - where you tackle the punter is a nice way to get a safety as well....

if your opposing offense is throwing within their own 5 yard line....call a 3-4 cover 3 ....if you manually pressure with your d lineman you can get them to throw a duck pass to the middle or in the flat and pick it off....if you don't get there in time and they are running streak patterns well you're screwed and watch as they throw a deep ball past your safety's zone lol....happened tons to me until I figured out how to defend that 90+ yard pass play without getting burned.....call 4-3 free fire and blitz heavy...the offense cannot take the pressure and the qb will release the ball early, throw it out of bounds, or just succumb to a sack......

3-4 pinch is also good...but a bit more difficult as lb's don't generally have as much strength to defeat O line blockers compared to dlineman themselves....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 am

ultimatum77 wrote:it should be mentioned if you try to highlight stick the qb more often then not you end up sliding off unless your tackle is good or the qb's strength rating is very low.....hitting guys like andrew luck with truck stick won't work all the time lol....you're better just going for a regular normal tackle rather than trying to light up the qb, sliding off and getting thrown with a deep ball and beat deep lol....

At times my LB try to be cute and hit stick the QB. It works a few times. Then DeShone Kizer got upset and dodged the defender and went deep. It wasn't a TD, but it scared me. Also, I don't really use the Hit Stick, it is hard to use with a keyboard without whiffing the tackle entirely. And at times the receivers and runners dodge the Hit Stick, so I'd rather go for the wrap up tackle that is reliable instead of turnover forcing but highly risky tackle.

I can use the 4-3 Free Fire. I run the 3-4. My standard blitzing play is "Trio Sky Zone" which is a cover 3 zone blitz. Alternatively I use the 3-4 Solid "Gap Press" and 3-4 Normal "Pinch". On both of those, I tell my corners to press the receivers so that my LBs have some time to get to the QB. I would like them to just mantain them there and not allow them to move, but, whatever.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 am

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:it should be mentioned if you try to highlight stick the qb more often then not you end up sliding off unless your tackle is good or the qb's strength rating is very low.....hitting guys like andrew luck with truck stick won't work all the time lol....you're better just going for a regular normal tackle rather than trying to light up the qb, sliding off and getting thrown with a deep ball and beat deep lol....

At times my LB try to be cute and hit stick the QB. It works a few times. Then DeShone Kizer got upset and dodged the defender and went deep. It wasn't a TD, but it scared me. Also, I don't really use the Hit Stick, it is hard to use with a keyboard without whiffing the tackle entirely. And at times the receivers and runners dodge the Hit Stick, so I'd rather go for the wrap up tackle that is reliable instead of turnover forcing but highly risky tackle.

I can use the 4-3 Free Fire. I run the 3-4. My standard blitzing play is "Trio Sky Zone" which is a cover 3 zone blitz. Alternatively I use the 3-4 Solid "Gap Press" and 3-4 Normal "Pinch". On both of those, I tell my corners to press the receivers so that my LBs have some time to get to the QB. I would like them to just mantain them there and not allow them to move, but, whatever.

Actually i find the best setup is to use the left shift key as your highlight/truck stick/playmaker button.....when you are running just press the left shift and up arrow to bowl over defenders.....and when on defense tackling left shift plus down arrow will do a highlight tackle.....

the key is to use the truck stick rapidly in succession...for example on kick returns even if your 1st guy's truck stick does not work and he bounces off use another player nearby and truckstick the return man again and he will more than likely go down hard the 2nd time....of course guys like devin hester who is made of butter may take 3-4 truck sticks with several players to take down lol.....

the initial truck stick really weakens the opposing players break tackle ability so when you hit them with a 2nd highlight stick they are more likely to go down....

also lol you post really fast, I like post and 2 minutes later I see a notification someone has replied to your thread lol...nothing wrong with that just thought it was funny..... :)

as for hitting the qb with highlight stick you should still hit the qb when he's throwing or even after he releases....the highlight stick creates massive fatigue and your opposing qb will start looking yellow then orange when you're really beating on him.....he will have less energy and become less prone to run outside of the pocket....my m.o. on defense is to blitz so much I wear down the offense esp the qb....

I frequently hit the qb after he releases the ball.....rarely get called for unneccessary roughness....once in a while it does happen but overall its worth beating up the qb and taking the risk lol.....

ballerv13
Rookie

Postby ballerv13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:50 am

Nice! I got 7 sacks with my LOLB just playing this cover 2 setup that I've mentioned. I play on a joystick controller, so it's easier do hit stick.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm

When you call man/blitz plays, do you use press coverage or do you leave the corners in the standard alignment?
Semper fi

Return to “Plays and playbooks”