Unconventional Plays that work

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Unconventional Plays that work

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 am

jose21crisis wrote:There is no other play taht I can get more sacks than with "Dime Normal - Zone Blitz". Alternatively, "Dime Normal - DB Blitz". Both are the same, the Dimeback blitzes, except that in Zone Blitz the defense is in zone and in DB Blitz they are in man. If I use DB Blitz, I will probably already set up Defensive Assigments for my team (Very good if you place a shutdown corner on the top receiver, or a shutdown corner and #2 receiver and double cover WR #1, or your best LB to cover the Gronk). I tell the to align themselves with their assigned receiver (Necesary to set up Defensive Assigments with this, otherwise a LB will be covering a WR) and use press coverage to give my blitzing corner half a second more to get to the QB. Then I move my D-Line to the right and tell them to crash left, that way the right tackle can't do anythign against the blitzing dime back. Then just get in get a sack. This can fail if there is a blocking HB/TE, which means the press coverage was worthless and a bomb is coming up. This is literally the only way I can get an user sack, I don't know how to user control my D-Linemen/LBs to get in there and sack the QB

Bro its super easy to user sack the qb.....just select the d lineman or linebacker and when the ball is snapped press the S button to sprint towards the qb and the F button to push the blocker back or W or R to strafe left or right.... the most effective is running using S and pressing D to dive at the qb.....most of the time you just get a sack or slide off depending on the qb's toughness ranking.....of course use the arrow keys (down button) to sprint towards the qb/rb and left/right arrows to change direction.....

or you can go all or nothing with the hit stick highlighst (shift button in my setup) and you either hit the qb sack, cause a sack fumble, or slide off hopelessly as the qb stays upright in the pocket and hits his wr for a big gain.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:59 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Bro its super easy to user sack the qb.....just select the d lineman or linebacker and when the ball is snapped press the S button to sprint towards the qb and the F button to push the blocker back or W or R to strafe left or right.... the most effective is running using S and pressing D to dive at the qb.....most of the time you just get a sack or slide off depending on the qb's toughness ranking.....of course use the arrow keys (down button) to sprint towards the qb/rb and left/right arrows to change direction.....

or you can go all or nothing with the hit stick highlighst (shift button in my setup) and you either hit the qb sack, cause a sack fumble, or slide off hopelessly as the qb stays upright in the pocket and hits his wr for a big gain.....

Hmm ... well. In my setup, D is sprint, S is dive, but I don't think F is used at all. And using W/R to strafe has proven to be a reliable way to fall to the ground. D is also apparently the push button as well. As for getting a strip sack, I simply go for the Strip Ball if I get to the QB. It never triggers a face masking penalty UNLESS he goes Cam Newton and runs out of the pocket.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:42 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Bro its super easy to user sack the qb.....just select the d lineman or linebacker and when the ball is snapped press the S button to sprint towards the qb and the F button to push the blocker back or W or R to strafe left or right.... the most effective is running using S and pressing D to dive at the qb.....most of the time you just get a sack or slide off depending on the qb's toughness ranking.....of course use the arrow keys (down button) to sprint towards the qb/rb and left/right arrows to change direction.....

Hmm ... well. In my setup, D is sprint, S is dive, but I don't think F is used at all. And using W/R to strafe has proven to be a reliable way to fall to the ground. D is also apparently the push button as well. As for getting a strip sack, I simply go for the Strip Ball if I get to the QB. It never triggers a face masking penalty UNLESS he goes Cam Newton and runs out of the pocket.

db blitz works on every qb except 2....tom brady and roethlisberger....they throw the ball away too quickly so you can get max 3-4 sacks but never the 7 or double digit sack totals of other qb's lol...even when you hit stick them...you just slide off lol.....pain to play these fools but i found if you do overload blitzes well you can get them down far more effectively than just a reg db blitz (dime package)......a play like nickel undersmoke is very effective in beating on the roth or brady lol.....frequently they will throw early and you can pick them off easily....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:db blitz works on every qb except 2....tom brady and roethlisberger....they throw the ball away too quickly so you can get max 3-4 sacks but never the 7 or double digit sack totals of other qb's lol...even when you hit stick them...you just slide off lol.....pain to play these fools but i found if you do overload blitzes well you can get them down far more effectively than just a reg db blitz (dime package)......a play like nickel undersmoke is very effective in beating on the roth or brady lol.....frequently they will throw early and you can pick them off easily....

Well, you are talking about Tom Brady, who is overpowered in every single Madden, and Ben Roethlisberger, who has Antonio Brown, the most OP receiver to hit the gridion ... I'm overrating? Maybe. But he is the most OP receiver in Madden. Anyway, I play as Big Ben, so no problem there. As for Brady, he is OP, blitzing is the only way to stop him. In zone he'll find someone open, in man he'll find Gronk or Chris Hogan. Zone Blitz is the way to go against Brady. I guess the same works against Ben, but you'll have to put 2 shutdown corners on AB.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:54 am

Anyone have an issue where if you are waiting for someone to get open and you get out of a tackle, you can no longer pass even though you are behind scrimmage?

doktor75
Veteran

Postby doktor75 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:06 am

Yes, i have that problem since calhoupe's scripts 1.6x, but its no biggy.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am

Col. Trautman wrote:Anyone have an issue where if you are waiting for someone to get open and you get out of a tackle, you can no longer pass even though you are behind scrimmage?

No, I never had that issue (then again i don't use cal's scripts) but if that ever happens you can press the E button (on keyboard) twice (on/off) and bring up the passing icons and throw....I've done that a couple times after scrambling away from defenders.....may be worth a shot to try it.....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:db blitz works on every qb except 2....tom brady and roethlisberger....they throw the ball away too quickly so you can get max 3-4 sacks but never the 7 or double digit sack totals of other qb's lol...even when you hit stick them...you just slide off lol.....pain to play these fools but i found if you do overload blitzes well you can get them down far more effectively than just a reg db blitz (dime package)......a play like nickel undersmoke is very effective in beating on the roth or brady lol.....frequently they will throw early and you can pick them off easily....

Well, you are talking about Tom Brady, who is overpowered in every single Madden, and Ben Roethlisberger, who has Antonio Brown, the most OP receiver to hit the gridion ... I'm overrating? Maybe. But he is the most OP receiver in Madden. Anyway, I play as Big Ben, so no problem there. As for Brady, he is OP, blitzing is the only way to stop him. In zone he'll find someone open, in man he'll find Gronk or Chris Hogan. Zone Blitz is the way to go against Brady. I guess the same works against Ben, but you'll have to put 2 shutdown corners on AB.

Fire blitz quarter works, along with db blitz (dime) and db zone blitz (dime)....also nickel 3-3-5 lb blitz works well....brady is not all that he's touted as within madden lol....(yes in real life tb is a great qb but madden makes his awr and throwing anticipation way overrated than what it actually is...its almost laughable madden lol).....anyway I once got 7 picks yes you read that right 7 interceptions on tom brady! default sliders all madden no helps/assists on offense/defense.....they key is pressure and getting a big lead....

when you go up by at least 17-21 pts in the 1st quarter the computer (including patriots) will go into a pass first mindset and start calling passes more frequently to catchup....the key is to use balanced defense so in case they try one of those trick RB delay plays you dont get burned....the secret is to keep you linebackers free to run straight at brady esp on the sides and definately up the middle (brady even in real life hates pressure up the middle because it throws off his timing big time)....

call 3-4 cover 3 or 3-4 cover 2.....you will get many incomplete passes to the sideline (again manually pressuring up the middle or side with dlineman or linebacker....)and you will get floaty passes that if you have good db's or even lb's you can pick easily.....

the patriots run a lot of short stick routes and curls and screens....and are mostly designed to get the 10 yards needed to get the 1st down and they rarely use something deeper than 20 yrds in general....this means you can use zone coverages and as long as you keep brady moving in the pocket (he's a sitting duck he wont run/scramble lol) you can get tons of sacks, fumbles, floaty passes to bad down or even intercept....

I have actually shut out the patriots 59-0 using this strategy on all-madden.....build an early lead....then call zone coverages mixed with blitzes (usually do the blitz on 1st or 2nd down to really put them in a bind with a sack .....therefore your safeties will be covering their zones on the yardline needed to get a 1st down....where they can bat down the pass or tackle the player before reaching the 1st down marker.....

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:10 am

Call a Field goal safe zone when defending against the run at the goal-line ....yea this may sound weird but it actually works quite well as most times the cpu will decide to run 8/10 times whether going for it on 4th down or going for a 2 pt conversion....the way the D linemen are spread further out and the CB's are bunched in a bit....it helps defend against the run/toss they usually do to the left or right sides...(mostly left side I have found) so you can tackle the hb...

Also another good play is 3-4 cover 3 and then call a "stack the box" coverage pinch using the E button and down arrow + side arrow...this allows more of a stacked box but keeps your base 3-4 cover 3 coverages still active just more stacked together.....this helps shut down runs in the middle but is not very effective for side runs/tosses unless you have a fast linebacker and take user control to take them down in the backfield which is rare.....

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Time for some new plays (Yes, I'll get chewed out because this post is 1 year old ... just wanted to keep this one rolling). On offense I got 2 plays. Gun-Split Backfield (Not sure if it is on the 2RB/3WR set, but it is on the 2RB Flex formation), the plays is WR Post Corner. The WRs wun Post Corner routes, the TE in the Slot runs a Post, the 2nd RB does a check-release flat route, but the main receiver I'm looking at the 1st RB running an angle route out of the backfield. LBs in hook zone drop too far to prevent the reception, and LBs and Ss in man coverage are destroyed by the angle route. It's an easy 5-10+ yard play assuming the RB can catch.

The other play is from the Singleback-Normal Slot formation. FL Middle. Motion the strong side receiver (AKA the side with the TE) to the opposite side to create a Trips set then run the play. If the defense is running man, the receiver on the used to be Dig, now Out route will get open. Against Cover 2 and Cover 3, the receiver running the switch route to the outside will break open for a moment. Against Cover 2, the switch Post route probably gets open too, but I haven't checked (I usually just throw it to the other switch receiver). I was able to lead a game winning drive by pretty much running this play everytime.
Semper fi

Return to “Plays and playbooks”