Defensive Hot Route As Team Captain CB Superstar

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:58 pm

In normal franchise mode I am able to hot route my corners to whatever zone or man coverage I need. I am in Superstar mode using Treston Decoud as my corner. In my 3rd year with the Texans and I have been promoted to Team Captain meaning I can call audibles and make adjustments. The usual Shift then Arrow keys don't seem to let me hot route my corner any more. Can anyone weigh in on whether or not I can actually do it in this mode? Thanks! PS normal audibles seem to work......

Sponsor

Sponsor

Col. Trautman
MVP

Re: Defensive Hot Route As Team Captain CB Superstar

Postby Col. Trautman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Still no response to this? Cmon guys.... would have thought someone could tell me.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't play more than a dozen games in Superstar... on the defensive side of the ball of course

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:45 pm

I usually play offensively on Superstar too, but I tried to improve my defense stick skills lol. That's why it is such a puzzle, maybe I have to be a linebacker to control those types of coverage. As an example I used to be able to use Shift and the arrow keys to put me into different zone coverages in franchise and exhibition mode. When the coach puts me in a flat on a 3rd and 18, I want to be on a deep blue zone instead when the rest of the defense is already in a good formation to bring a decent pass rush, that is where the hot routes come in handy, so far I have to put myself in man coverage instead, until I know the answer for hot routing this mode. That's fine except when the QB decides to hit the number 2 receiver who was left wide open and I am streaking down the field with the number 1. That wide deep blue zone lets me have a chance at either target.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”