Edit a single play in a stocked playbook/substitute a play

Laserblast
Rookie

Postby Laserblast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am

Hey guys

I always played with the Chargers and in their defensive playbook I used a lot of the dime cover 2 sink ( 4 DL blitzing, 1 LB and 4 CB with the yellow zone and the two safeties covering half of the field each.) and the closest thing there is (4 DL blitzing, 1 LB and the two nickel CB with the yellow zone, the 2 boundary CB covering the flats and the two safeties covering half of the field each) doesn't yield the same results.

But this year they changed to a 4-3 and the play isn't in any 4-3 playbook that I've seen. In fact, it seems that the plays in dime are EXACTLY the same for all 4-3 playbooks.

My question is, how can I put the cover 2 sink in a 4-3 playbook? It doesn't seem to be a easy way and I'm a bit of a noob in the utilities.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Edit a single play in a stocked playbook/substitute a play

Postby mee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Create a playbook in-game. Take all the plays you want from the old playbook and put it in the new one. Save it.
It will be in your My Doucments/Madden NFL 08/Playbooks folder.
Extract the new Chargers playbook, and decompress it if needed. Then use the PLAYBOOK merger to merge the 2 playbooks.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Laserblast
Rookie

Postby Laserblast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm

mee wrote:Create a playbook in-game. Take all the plays you want from the old playbook and put it in the new one. Save it.
Extract the new Chargers playbook, and decompress it if needed. Then use the PLAYBOOK merger to merge the 2 playbooks.

Thank you very much! Will try to do it

Laserblast
Rookie

Postby Laserblast » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

mee wrote:Create a playbook in-game. Take all the plays you want from the old playbook and put it in the new one. Save it.

I seem to have a few problems. I created a new playbook that I want to merge. But...

1) How do I extract the playbook? I tried the search bar with different tags, but can't seem to find something that actually tells me how to do it.

2) How do I decompress it? Using what utility?

3) I created my own playbook, but when I use the Playbook Merger by Packfan and click to open my custom playbook it creates an error. Searching on this site it seems that it is a recurrent issue, but I couldn't find anything that could help me. Is there a way around it without using the virtual machine?

4) I can use my playbook, because I substituted by the "QB contain" defensive playbook. But I wanted to use different packages, like having my OLB's rushing in dime instead of my DE's or substituting my MLB by my SS. I know I can do that in "SUBS" but those are permanent, and I'm talking on a play to play basis. For what I could gather, you can't have different packages in custom playbooks. That's why I wanted to see if by merging with a stocked playbook I could see if the packages from the stocked would also merge, enabling me to change players between plays.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”