Designing zone defenses

Double-U
Banned

Re: Designing zone defenses

Postby Double-U » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:21 am

Gregatron wrote:In that case it would probably be easiest to edit an existing playbook. So, how do I export a stock playbook? The only ones in my playbook folder in documents are what I've downloaded on here.

If you see plays in stock books that are close to the scheme you want then, yes easier to add them to custom playbook in Madden save it, then edit it in Packfans editor! I've never used entire stock books, only specifc formations and a few plays to get the logic, then create plays from the base formation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:37 am

BUS36 wrote:
Me: The "FLAT" in football is the area of the field extending ten yards into the defensive backfield from the line of scrimmage and extending outside the hash marks to the out-of-bounds lines (a distance of about 15 yards)

You: MLB should be able to cover the outer third.
Me: Create the base play with the MLB in Deep Zone coverage. Then use the packfan editor to change his PSAL val to 5 to cover the weak outer third, or 8 to cover the strong outer third.

DoubleU
Your right in the area called the "FLAT"...with a MLB in Deep zone is actually what the 70's Steelers and what Dungy's "Tampa 2" used.The one thing is that the OLB if covering the Deep Third is going to have to speed..Especially with some of the TEs and Backs . They are going to have speed like Shazier if they are covering the fast TEs or WRs.
Can yo post that Flexbase playbook so I can take a look, if you don't mind?

Bus36, exactly... speed is the key for the OLB to cover the "deep 3rd". My point for the MLB is that I can have him cover any Deep area that's reasonable. Using the Deep Zone logic from my previous post, I can code the MLB to reasonably cover 5 zone area(s) 0,1 (cover 2); 3 (deep middle); 6,7 (Middle of the field in Cover 4 scheme off left or right hash marks)! The Flexbase book has been here for months in my Littleware's Playbook pack!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:40 am

I have looked everywhere for the Flexbase...I can't find it . can you PM it to me?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm

BUS36 wrote:I have looked everywhere for the Flexbase...I can't find it . can you PM it to me?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18175&start=10#p81395

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 pm

DoubleU...

Very interesting schemes...liked alot of the 3-4 T-Rex variations. good job on the others too. I played defense and coached it, so I saw where I had to flip to get the better ILB to cover deep.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:43 pm

BUS36 wrote:DoubleU...

Very interesting schemes...liked alot of the 3-4 T-Rex variations. good job on the others too. I played defense and coached it, so I saw where I had to flip to get the better ILB to cover deep.

Thanks BUS36, the 3-4 T-Rex is from 1990 Chiefs 3-4 and 2001 Raven's 3-4. The 3-4 Hybrid converted from 4-3 Wide Base that shifts into 3-4 Over or under at LOS! The 4-3 Wide is a formation taken directly from the Madden 2001 Ravens Playbook! Ravens used it because Ray Lewis was so dynamic!

About defensive playbooks: Some playbooks use a variety of formations to offset the offensive formations. Nickel is used when 3WR's are in etc. Other playbooks rely on subtitiution packages within the formation to match the offensive personnel! My books reflect both!

T-Rex: Formation based to match offensive personnel. Formation Includes: 3-4, 4-3, 4-2-5, 4-6, 3-3-5, Dime, Qtr.
3-4 T-Rex: Formation based to match offensive personnel. Formations Include: 3-4, 4-2-5, 4-6, 3-3-5, Dime, Qtr.
4-6 Fire: Package Based. Formations Included: 4-6.
Flexbase: Package based. Formations included: 4-3, 4-6.

I prefer package based defenses... Oh and flipping some custom plays will cause logic to be reversed! I never flip plays,shifting works better!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”